Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] FF8 Controller Buttons for PSX and Xbox360 (2015-01-13)  (Read 84109 times)

Blackwind121

• View Profile
Just in case anyone here is still struggling with the wrong buttons showing up like I was, I edited the file in GIMP to make it show up with X as confirm, O as cancel, Triangle as Menu, and Square as the triple triad challenge button.
(If it doesn't show up automatically, the first link is what my controls look like and the second link is the actual picture you should drop into the sy/sysfld00 folder.)
I'm using a Steam Controller with everything mapped to keyboard buttons and this works for me! Hope this helps others because I know I was frustrated at the buttons not showing up how I wanted them to.

http://imgur.com/a/IZIJ1
http://imgur.com/a/yFDXV

Edit: When you save the image from imgur, make sure you save it as sysfld00_17 before you drop it into the sy/sysfld00 folder. It should save as PNG automatically but you'll need to set the name yourself.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-13 18:24:23 by Blackwind121 »

matosantos

• View Profile
Hello, the xbox 360 controller does not work, I've been working perfectly until today, it stays black screen.

BlueMeaniePlays

• View Profile
Am I the only on who gets something a little weird when using a PS4 controller via USB? The O and X graphics  are switched (as in, when I press O on the config screen, it shows an X and vice versa). The same thing happens with the Square and Triangle Buttons

Water Max

• View Profile
Am I the only on who gets something a little weird when using a PS4 controller via USB? The O and X graphics  are switched (as in, when I press O on the config screen, it shows an X and vice versa). The same thing happens with the Square and Triangle Buttons
I had the same problem too but I'm using the program DS4Windows so I managed make a unique controller profile which I called Final Fantasy VIII to change the controller's conversion to an XBOX 360 controller so that all the PS4 button graphics appear correctly in the game. I also fixed the problem with the dpad not responding at all by make them have the same controls as on the left stick and I changed L2, R2, share and options to where they should be in comparison to where they are on a PS1 controller.