Author Topic: FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat errors  (Read 3892 times)

Eeketh

• View Profile
FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat errors
« on: 2016-01-09 09:47:17 »
I noticed a couple of errors when I ran the game converter...
"The syntax of the command is incorrect" and "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"

The first error is from renaming the opengl config file - the 2nd parameter has to be just the new filename, not the entire path (lines 1010-1015)
Code: [Select]
IF EXIST "%DestinationPath%\ff7_opengl.cfg" REN "%DestinationPath%\ff7_opengl.cfg" "_ff7_opengl.cfg"
XCOPY "Sprinkles\FF7_OpenGL-0.8.1b" "%DestinationPath%"  /E /I /Q /H /R /Y >NUL
IF EXIST "%DestinationPath%\_ff7_opengl.cfg" (
DEL "%DestinationPath%\ff7_opengl.cfg" >NUL
REN "%DestinationPath%\_ff7_opengl.cfg" "ff7_opengl.cfg"
)

The 2nd error was a mix of things related to moving files from music_ogg.
Firstly, my system (windows 10) shows an error when using a tab between parameters, rather than spaces - it joined them as one path and complained it couldn't find it. secondly, when trying to move files from an empty folder (because I'm re-running using the overwrite option) it raises the same issue.
I've amended my local copy to check if the folder has any contents first, replacing line 1021 with:
Code: [Select]
FOR /F %%i IN ('DIR /b "%DestinationPath%\data\music_ogg\*.*"') DO (
   MOVE /Y "%DestinationPath%\data\music_ogg\*.*" "%DestinationPath%\music\vgmstream\" >NUL
   GOTO :1st_Icon
)
I had to do it using a loop, as EXIST doesn't work - presumably because it includes . and .. in its check or something. Could have just redirected stderr to &1, but thought it may be more helpful to allow it to show errors if there's a permission error or something.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-09 09:49:12 by Eeketh »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat errors
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-09 10:42:24 »
Thank you so much for this :)

I did not make the original Game Converter. Another user did who is now inactive here. But he was German with a lower level of English. I became the editor for that aspect, but once he went inactive, I just kind of took over doing my best. I'm not a programmer or coder at all. Everything I do at this point is found from materials I Google search.

I'll make these edits and update the link in the written tutorial for it.

Eeketh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-09 10:56:51 »
No problem :)
I am a developer, regularly have to deal with people reporting vague issues without reliable replication steps... so whenever I get an error I try to investigate as much as possible so I don't annoy other developers ;)

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-09 10:58:15 »
Yeah, sounds pretty good. Good work!

Maybe we can integrate the programm in the 7th tool at a later time. Managing the game with one tool would be nice, don't you think? 

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-09 11:03:05 »
Absolutely, so long as I'm capable of making any updates to it in the same manner as the Catalog. We can have any amount of people do all the work, but its best everyone can have access to it all in case someone goes inactive. Case and point with the current Game Converter.

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-09 11:05:19 »
the final step after having the "ultimate" tool is putting it up on some kind of source control. github eventually. but i will keep it active as long as i can and if its not working out anymore => github

Eeketh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-09 11:15:48 »
FYI, if you don't want *everyone* to be able to see your code, bitbucket.org allows you to have private git repositories for free.
I dislike using github in early stages of development, as it can be embarrassing to allow everyone to see the inefficient code in the first version :D

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-09 13:49:33 »
Thanks for the hint. I dont use outside of work any source control, didnt know about bitbucket