Author Topic: Trump & Clinton supporters: What is wrong with you?  (Read 29277 times)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
Re: Trump & Clinton supporters: What is wrong with you?
« Reply #25 on: 2016-03-02 17:06:24 »
Tin foil hat time: does anyone feel like things would generally not change much no matter who gets elected?

I don't like how, in this society, stating the obvious truth is somehow considered taboo as if your some sort of wack job conspiracy nut.  I know its just a joke its just sad to me that you have to present this statement in this way.

A drastic change?  No.  But I think if we keep pecking at it here and there, making tiny baby dents, eventually something will give.

This is unfortunately a flawed statement. This assumes that any damage you do to the system of inequality is not quickly repaired and reinforced on the other end faster than you can do any damage.  Not to say that trying is meaningless.  Look, in this system nobody likes to feel apathetic in the face of overwhelming odds.  Unfortunately nobody likes to go out on a limb and risk something precious either.  Therefore people fall behind causes that keep them from feeling apathetic, like what they support will make a difference, all the while not risking anything that would bring about a meaningful change.  We are all guilty of this, myself included, but being aware is the starting point.  The only thing that would really change this system is a system that works more efficiently.  One that can replace it, not fight against it.  There is no "ism" in existence that could classify what we need to become.  We would have to create a whole new paradigm.  Again this is contrary to our evolutionary instincts to avoid change so it is a slow and violent process.

Despite all my nay saying however I do believe change will come.  Just not through this corrupt sphere of socioeconomic political warfare.  It will happen in the realm of technologies that solve these problems more efficiently than they have ever been solved to date.  Unfortunately technology is advanced at a much faster rate than it is released to the public.  And many of the major contributors to technology today are looking only to advanced weaponry, not society.  Another major issue is that the vast majority of citizens don't really understand today's advanced technology and so those who do gain and almost unstoppable advantage.  Because of these factors there is a very real incentive to keep a lid on technology and only release it to the masses in small quantities so as not to the lose the grip of control on the masses.

So it comes down to only two obvious outcomes, we either reach a point of technological sophistication enough to feed all peoples, travel the stars and become a truly immortal species.  Or will die in the process of trying by destroying ourselves with our own inventions.  It really comes down to something quite simple and not technologically dependent.  It all depends on how mature this species really is or can become, and that is still sort of up in the air at this point.  I just advocate for people to put their hope in more practical solutions rather than those that have failed us time and again, and that by design will continue to fail.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-02 17:09:50 by yarLson »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #26 on: 2016-03-02 17:32:11 »
A drastic change?  No.  But I think if we keep pecking at it here and there, making tiny baby dents, eventually something will give.
Any system tends towards an increase of entropy, not a decrease. Keep poking it and all we'll have is system full of holes that is unusable, but there is no replacement.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2016-03-02 17:55:53 »
As a Scotsman, for the love of god don't vote Trump, he's already tried to turn Scotland into one big golf course, he'd only use the presidential influence to get the job done properly.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2016-03-02 17:58:22 »
He's placed a massive amount of investment in Scotland.  I don't see that as a negative...  He's done more for you than Hillary ever will.

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2016-03-02 18:13:07 »
I'd just rather not be living in a sand trap on the fairway at the 296th hole

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2016-03-02 19:14:17 »
Judging by the results of super Tuesday, what was kind of a joke is now looking pretty serious. Trump could actually win this thing. Having stayed at various trump hotels, I will say this much, if he turns Scotland into a golf course, it will be pretty high end.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2016-03-22 19:00:02 »
At least Trump takes security and the truth seriously.  The left don't.  That's why we're waking up more and more these days with bombings and death.  If the choice is between that and hurting the feelings of illegal immigrants and migrants - so be it.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-22 19:03:02 by DLPB »

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2016-03-22 19:08:27 »
I hear Wikileaks might be about to crap all over Hilary with the wondrous emails she's been hiding.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2016-03-22 19:11:05 »
I hear Wikileaks might be about to crap all over Hilary with the wondrous emails she's been hiding.

I sincerely hope so.  I understand those that don't want Trump in charge - but I really really don't understand those that DO want her.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2016-03-22 22:59:57 »
At least Trump takes security and the truth seriously.
Security? Yes. The truth? No, not remotely. Almost everything he says is verifiably false, including frequent remarks about his own past statements.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2016-03-22 23:31:52 »
He's the least politically correct politician there is, which automatically makes him the most truthful. I don't doubt he isn't perfect - but compared to the rest, he's a breath of fresh air.  If politicians and public figures were more truthful, Trump wouldn't have the support he does.  But, even now, most want to carry on sweeping issues under the carpet rather than tackle them. And then they turn around playing the race card or other ad hominem arguments to silence him.  They aren't taking ANY responsibility for their own failings. And they don't care.  I'm sure Obozo actually understands that, for example, Islam isn't a religion of peace - but he's far too busy pushing his face to the trough and bowing down to people who supply his party with money to care. 

This is seen in virtually all "democracies".  The guys at the top are setting laws that will never affect them, and they are not subject to the results of their own actions either.  That's why modern style democracy is another failure. It all stems from the fact that their power stems from the people, and the people are generally ignorant and easily molded by the media or state into a being a conformist automaton. It doesn't change until a particular situation becomes untenable - then suddenly there is revolution.  But if people weren't so thick or easily corrupted, it wouldn't come to that in the first place.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-23 00:47:15 by DLPB »

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2016-03-23 01:59:44 »
Can...  Can I just say that Sanders is infinitely more truthful?

KnifeTheSky77

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2016-03-23 03:17:55 »
Sanders has friendlier policies that don't benefit rich people and companies over us peasants most of the time but I don't think that makes him more 'truthful'. It just means he's a chill dood. Trump isn't as chill, but you don't know if he's truthful. Neither have any power to make action on their stances except bash the other guy on tv.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2016-03-23 03:45:24 »
Sanders has friendlier policies that don't benefit rich people and companies over us peasants most of the time but I don't think that makes him more 'truthful'. It just means he's a chill dood. Trump isn't as chill, but you don't know if he's truthful. Neither have any power to make action on their stances except bash the other guy on tv.
There are two reasons why Sanders won't win:
1) The Clinton family is connected to many of the liberal American news outlets, so most Americans don't know that Sanders is beating Hillary in the popular vote by a huge margin (as far as elections go).
2) Democrats don't want him to win, so they won't nominate him to be the democratic candidate.

Luckily, Democrats are so good at losing unlosable elections that they will nominate Hillary, which loses to Trump in virtually every poll you look at. So at the very least, we won't have Hillary unless she cheats to get elected.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-23 04:06:31 by Shard »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2016-03-23 04:01:21 »
Isn't another problem that the democrats have super delegates who are all voting for her?

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2016-03-23 04:07:25 »
Isn't another problem that the democrats have super delegates who are all voting for her?
The superdelegates don't actually mean anything unless neither candidate has enough normal delegates. They're just tiebreakers. Theoretically that is, because the whole process is total meaningless bullstrawberries anyway.

KnifeTheSky77

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2016-03-23 04:19:11 »
The election process made a lot more sense when there were a few hundred million less people. It didn't scale well to where we are now population/technology wise

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2016-03-23 04:59:04 »
I'd have liked to see Ben Carson win too - he seems like a nice dude who can bring people together. He's not as polarizing as Trump or Hillary (even though I like Trump ;) ) But I also hear he doesn't believe evolution and so on - and has made some pretty silly comments.

Still, he really strikes me as a nice person.  And at least he actually has a qualification in something meaningful. 

jmp434

• https://www.paypal.me/jmp434
    • View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #43 on: 2016-03-23 11:13:14 »
I'll answer without actually knowing the other participant your éléction, I focus mainly has a Trump! Yesterday, my country suffers attrocités on Brussels, Donald Trump, rather than being the support to victims, and to encourage our country do the same struggle awful lot of countries in the world, was present to "draw a wall "with our country, I have no understand you if you vote for this moron! This is a divisive, racist and bring your country into a war on and some and not against Daesh but against a big part of our world at all! Never forget that a Muslim is a Muslim and a terrorist is a terrorist (he does not bat in the name of their religion but in the name of an ideology) terrorists are tiny parts of the world, then think before to vote for a fascist! You will bring us an American Hitler! Your country is based on a multitude of nationality, must be pure strain that does not exist currently US home ... Never forget! Like many European, I have an American dream, because for me it is the most beautiful country in the world! But in these conditions, it will become one of the most horrible.

Sorry for my English, I have never learned the language.
Good day to all :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2016-03-23 11:19:25 »
It isn't divisive or racist to protect your own country.  Your country (like my country) is insane, and allows people in unchecked and then wonders why it is blown to bits. Not just that - it does nothing to address the reasons these people (often their "own citizens") do what they do - the life of Muhammad (a man who plundered and conquered).  All your politicians care about is sweeping problems under the carpet and hoping it will all go away.  Japan has one of the most strict Visa systems in the world.  Try going there without a job and see what happens. No-one calls them racist.

The government's first duty is to its OWN PEOPLE.  Trump wants to ban Muslims from outside the US until he is satisfied there is no security risk.  Do you think it's ok to allow migrants or other non-profiled Muslims in from abroad and then hope they don't cause mayhem? Are you prepared to take responsibility for such a reckless decision?  Because I'm not. Japan doesn't suffer this nonsense - and nor do many nations - because they put their own safety above political correctness.

Also, Islam is not a race.  This is nothing to do with colour.  It is everything to do with followers of a death cult.  More power to Trump that he wants proper controls in place - and wants to seal off Mexico to stop illegal immigrants who, by and large, are bound to impact negatively on the economy - and on crime levels.

Some of us are fed up of political correctness, do-gooders, the race card, and leftism entirely. People like you are, unfortunately, a problem.  You'll keep shouting racist and doing nothing - and eventually people will turn to someone far worse than Trump because they are being ignored.  You reap what you sow. 
« Last Edit: 2016-03-23 11:35:48 by DLPB »

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #45 on: 2016-03-23 11:26:59 »
Confirm profile is quite normal, but not talking about criminal profile and others, only Muslim! I am not a Muslim, to be honest I'm even atheist, so I defend any religion, but in relation to dismiss a Muslim, it is not correct at all ... China's political e l considers also quite satisfactory either, if I recall canada do the same thing about work. This is something normal! And I would see this win here, but never rejected a Muslim because he is a Muslim, it would come to say that we must reject blind because he can not see anything? A disabled because it no longer works? Or can be simply tolerated only blond with blue eyes? I have a father in a wheelchair! A guy who is courageous and who would do anything to serve his country if he had rights, in France I see the FN that grew in strength, here in Belgium, I also expected, recalled our past ... and you stop these stupid things ... We're human first!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2016-03-23 11:29:13 »
When the IRA were going around blowing people up in Britain, we profiled Irish people.  It wasn't racist - it was sane. America doesn't owe you anything.  It doesn't HAVE TO do anything.  Its people decide whether they are willing to allow anyone to enter.  That's their prerogative - and you have no right to anything outside of your own country.

If you want to take responsibility for any carnage that ensues from open border policy - be my guest.  Just leave that philosophy in your own country.

Human first?  So what?  I couldn't give a monkey's.  I care about innocent humans - not would be killers.  It's about time we had someone with some balls to say NO MORE.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-23 11:31:36 by DLPB »

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #47 on: 2016-03-23 11:39:24 »
many radicals are rejected your security. I do not at all share your opinion .. Madness brings madness. In fact, the bombing of Paris . C was a resident of the country since its birth.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2016-03-23 11:44:26 »
That's only partially true.  One of them was certainly not from France. Islam has its own law.  Muslims follow Muhammad's example, so where they are born is largely irrelevant, especially when your country does nothing to address the issues that exist. Virtually all Muslim countries have serious internal issues, especially regarding basic freedoms.

I don't share your opinion because thousands have died because of it.  I don't have any blood of innocent people on my hands - directly or indirectly. I wouldn't have had an open border policy - and my country would have been better for it.  If your country wasn't so tolerant to the intolerant, you'd also be better for it.

Just don't be surprised that the Right are on the rise, or that many people start to shift their opinions because they are tired of seeing body parts.  :)
« Last Edit: 2016-03-23 12:15:23 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2016-03-23 12:10:49 »
I don't particularly like Morgan (and he wouldn't vote for Trump - at least not before), but it's still a decent article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3504893/PIERS-MORGAN-comes-terror-isn-t-time-started-listening-seriously-Trump.html

and so is this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3506043/KATIE-HOPKINS-hell-solidarity-Europe-willing-accept-Muslim-terror-simply-new-normal-t-afford-stay-it.html

Until then you can draw cartoons, light up the Eiffel Tower, start a hashtag and carry on catching the Underground all you want. You can even pretend you are standing up to the suicide bombers. You can even make out Islam is the religion of peace, as Channel 4 do on a nightly basis.
The Managing Editor of Channel 4 News tweeted me last night, asking if I would share a picture of the people of Belgium chalking words of defiance in the public square as if they were all suddenly infantilised by their impotence.
I refused.
Because, you see, you are not standing up to terror. You are normalising it. Giving it a shiny coat. Pretending it's all going to be OK because we know what to do when bad stuff happens.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 00:53:09 by DLPB »