Author Topic: Yuffie Warping for a Perfect Save  (Read 9101 times)

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
Yuffie Warping for a Perfect Save
« on: 2016-06-27 20:36:48 »
For the past week or so myself and songsengnims have been looking into the possibilities and paramaters of Yuffie Warping to duplicate items that have been previously dubbed as "un-dupe-able". My first comment was that the Warping glitch can only be done on the PC versions, and in my opinion it is far too easy to save-game edit for my liking to class any PC/Steam Perfect save file as "legit" (PS4 perhaps??). I could create any means of "perfect game" in 10 minutes flat (using an end-game save as a template).

Regardless, it's been quite fun digging around to see what we can do, and we have been able to warp from just before Diamond to Cave of Gi to dupe Seraph Combs (Gi Nattak won't wortk, must be a random encounter), and Lost number for Cosmo Memorys. the trick is warping back to the Diamond fight; immediately after GameMoment is set back to its rightful position and the savefile is restored with no harm done. The fun is thinking of a number of ways to manipulate GameMoment for exploitation, as such I thought it was fitting for this site. Anyone wanna help?

One exciting possibility for me was the prospect of gaining a Red Sub AND having all 4 Huge Materia (without hacks). That would definitely be worth making a youtube vid for. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell it cannot be done. Another cool thing we've discovered is the fact that we can do the North Crater events without having recruited Yuffie, then warp back to the Diamond fight to set GameMoment to just before parachuting. Read up on the main thread to get the full low-down on what we've discovered can and can't be done, however there's quite a lot to go through. At the very least, it makes for some entertaining reading!

Now, the thing I'm trying to work out is whether or not it's possible to learn Omnislash via the end-battle, then still be able to warp back to any point in the game, thereby retaining the Omnislash Manual (as XeroKynos suggests in one of his vids)?? Is the Lv4 Limit learnt via field scripts prior to the end-battle, or is it learnt via in-battle script? Any suggestions?

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
Re: Yuffie Warping for a Perfect Save
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-27 20:45:26 »
Does anyone have any explanations and/or suggestion as to why the following occurs and how it can be worked around?:

- When trying to warp to Emerald you jump to yougan2 instead of Emerald Weapon
 - Losing to certain bosses will disable Random Encounters when you load up your WARPING FROM save file, such as Gi Nattak, H0512, Red Dragon, Jenova Birth. There are probably more.
 - Has anyone worked out a way to exploit the "Extended" Yuffie Warping Glitch yet? I've figured out that you can probably get into the Gelnika as soon as you get the Highwind (using IDs 88 ~ 91; Mt. Corel Area Bridge), which means early access to the Sub. I haven't tested it though.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-27 20:48:34 by DynamixDJ »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-27 21:21:46 »
I think, though don't quote me on this, that it's the battle type that grants the limit. The field scripts do have the power to edit character stats and things, but that's not what's happening. The battle type grants it to that battle's instance of Cloud. I don't think it carries out of that battle. I could be wrong. It's just a guess.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-27 21:36:15 »
And there is no possible way to continue playing the game after that battle, so that's that idea out of the window.

What about being able to warp to Emerald? If that can be done, then it may be possible to gain the Red Sub and all Huge Materia, not to mention 99 Earth Harps.

Hang on, I've just remembered that the Rocket HM "rcktin4" scripts looks at the mission progression flags to decide whether or not to give you that mission's Materia (as opposed to the Materia in your Key Item list). Seeing as you would have lost the Junon mission, you will receive the Red Materia, even though you'll already have it, so you'll miss the Blue Materia.

Even still, it would be nice to know of 99 Earth Harps are doable!

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-06-27 22:54:38 »
Song has just managed to find a way to bring Aeris back into your party without having to skip the whole of TOTA

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197341-final-fantasy-vii/73941827

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-06-28 01:09:55 »
I've fixed the silly warping glitch recently... if it's linked to the fact the field battle flag is not reset to 0 on game over.  Which I think is the overall issue. I reset to 0 by adding code to the new game continue screen.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-06-28 19:33:58 »
Any idea as to why World Map random encounters are disabled when you game over to certain enemies then reload? If we could warp to the H0512 battle then we legitimately dupe a 5th Enemy Skill (and 6th...). There are quite a few limitations to Yuffie warping due to the fact that you can't encounter her when you load your save.

Also, have a think, where in the game is the PHS menu messed with. Song has at last found a way to Yuffie warp Aeris back into your party and also fix the problem of not being able to get her out of your party. Hooray! It's a little messy though, and I'm thinking of trying to warp to a point in Junon so GameMoment thinks you're just before the Cargo Ship events. I know that at some point the PHS menu is unlocked, so that could work, and would be less messy than the current solution, failing that where else could we go? Where else will possibly unlock Aeris from your party?

Oh, and as is necessary to mention, a method had been worked out to get Aeris back from the TOTA to your current save, and then get her locked out of your party permanently (but visible) by warping to Motor Ball. It's from that point that I'm trying to the unlock her.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-06-29 19:57:24 »
Something's just hit me that I think is worth bringing up. I was reading my description of Extended Yuffie Warping in my walkthough, and I've noticed that it may be possible to Yuffie Warp without Yuffie:

Step 3 of part 2.

Code: [Select]
1) SET UP A 'GLITCHED' FILE

Before doing anything, you'll need to have 2 save file. One in which you have
obtained the Highwind, and another in the Shinra HQ, before fighting Motor
Ball.

1 - Load up the save file with the Highwind. Fly over to Midgar, and
    *remember where you park it*. Now travel by foot over to Junon Forests.
    Save your game here into a new slot.

2 - Now load up your other save file, and get into the Motor Ball fight.
    Purposely loose this battle, so that you get a game over screen.

3 - Load up the first save file, and keep battling until you encounter the
    Mystery Ninja. Defeat her to Yuffie warp to the Motor Ball fight. Defeat
    Motor Ball and escape Midgar.

4 - Now head over to the *invisible* Highwind (remember where you parked it)
    and then fly over to the back entrance to Mt Nibel. Before entering, be
    sure to have Barret and Red XIII in your party (and NOT Cait Sith,
    Vincent, Tifa or Cid).

5 - When you enter the back entrance of Mt. Nibel, the game will appear to
    have frozen. Wait roughly 10 seconds to find out that it hasn't. Once you
    have regained control of Cloud, leave Mt. Nibel back to the World Map and
    save your game into a new slot.

You now have a 'glitched' save file, in which the game will not be taken to
the reward screen at the end of a battle. Some really peculiar things occur
when these parameters have been set up. For example, we can now trick the
game into confusing the *battle ID* for the *field ID*....

2) ENTER INTO THE DEBUG ROOM

To make things quicker, you could kill off all three party members of this
'glitched' file. Do that by first killing Red and Barret in a battle, escape
from said battle, then swap out Red or Barret for someone (alive). Enter into
another battle, kill Cloud, escape, then swap the alive character for the
dead one. Save over this file.

1 - Enter into Mt. Nibel through the back entrance. Enter into a battle on
    the first screen and die.

2 - Now load up the save file that you wish to warp to the debug room from.
    This has to be at any point during the game *after* having obtained the
    Tiny Bronco.

3 - Fly over to the World Map area just outside of Mt. Nibel (Rocket Town
    side), and enter into a battle just outside the entrance. Defeat the
    enemy to warp to the field map that you had died on. Note that you could
    have won any battle on the world map and you would've warped to this
    location, however you'll need a means of transport parked outside of Mt.
    Nibel.

*DO NOT* enter into a field map from this point on.

4 - Now fly over to Junon. What you want to do now is enter into a battle
    with 2x Nerosuferoth (front row), and 1x Formula (back row). Keep fleeing
    from battles until you encounter this battle (DON'T defeat any enemies).
    This is battle formation # 65.

5 - Once you have fled from battle formation # 65 (2x Nerosuferoth and 1x
    Formula), the game weirdly assigns the battle formation ID as the field
    map ID to jump to on the next battle you win. So, defeat the next
    encounter and you will jump you to field map # 65, which is the entrance
    to the debug room.

Enjoy!

Can anyone shed some light on this??

Beuj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-08-04 09:13:16 »
Something's just hit me that I think is worth bringing up. I was reading my description of Extended Yuffie Warping in my walkthough, and I've noticed that it may be possible to Yuffie Warp without Yuffie

Really ? Though, in your notes, you need the Mystery Ninja, who is Yuffie, so what indicates that you can do without Yuffie ?

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-08-04 18:16:32 »
You should learn the debug room warp. Im sure you can grab tons of stuff free from there. Xerokynos has a tuto vid how to do it, alternatively speedrun notes for pc any% will cover it as well.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-08-04 20:05:55 »
It's thanks to Xero Kynos's video that I stumbled across this weirdness.

I understand a little bit about why this glitch occurs. It's due to the fact that when you get a game-over, certain variables are not reset. The map ID that you are supposed to be warping to is one of them, as is the countdown timer, as is disabled random encounters, along with a few others. "No Game-over" is also carried over when you get a game-over, but obviously this is only theoretical.

What I don't understand is how the warping process can happen without having to engage in a battle with Yuffie.

Step 3 of part 2.

Read my own description again further up of how to warp into the Debug Room, or alternatively see XK's vid to show what I'm on about. He describes it as an "Ordinary Battle-mode warp". This is what I'm curious about....

Beuj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-08-04 21:27:32 »
Ok, I didn't understand what you meant. Yeah, I'm also curious about that ^^.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-08-04 21:48:10 »
“What I don't understand is how the warping process can happen without having to engage in a battle with Yuffie. “

The battlemode warping occurs when one of the exceptional battlemodes is set in the field script, then any fight works like a Yuffie warp. On the run we use the kalm flashback for that since no xp is awarded duribg that which is realised by a battlemode. If you die in a battlemode fight, then load a save, any worldmap fight will bring you back to the battlemode scene upon victory. I guess its the same principle as mystery ninja fight,  some flags that are normally set upon game over are not touched if the battlemode is on.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016-08-04 21:55:22 »
Hm. Interesting, thanks for shedding some light on that. So, what other exceptional battlemodes trigger this glitch? Is it just the "no exp/ap/gil" battlemode, or are there others?