Author Topic: Menu Graphics  (Read 6048 times)

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
Menu Graphics
« on: 2016-07-16 10:06:04 »
Ok Grimmy, I will check what you mean for the next catalog update. If I have issues still, I'll PM you at some point.

Hey hope you see this EQ2Alyza. Tried to PM you but cant seem to find any option to d so on this site. Was on the IRC Chat and got told your the woman to talk to regarding Final Fantasy 7 mods. My problem is I am looking for a good menu replacer. Tried the reununion mod in 7th heaven catalogue but the font is horrible and it does not make the game look nice at all. I have found images of a nice HD one with an hd font on google and I think it's the team avalanche GUI 2.0.8. Now the only version of this available for download any more in the rar archive. I downloaded it but is has no readme and no installation instructions anywhere on the net. The rar file has two folders flevel and menu which are filled with the various menu images. I tried copying them to the direct folder but it does nothing does not change the menus whatsoever. How do I install this mod?????   I also have various mods installed with 7th heaven mod manager which work fine.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-16 14:13:32 by EQ2Alyza »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Menu Graphics
« Reply #1 on: 2016-07-16 14:14:39 »
Post an image of what your menus look like with Menu Overhaul activated in 7H.

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-07-16 16:33:21 »
How do i do that?  Also Is there an Link anywhere online to download the field textures part 2 mod (The satsuki  ones or whatever he/she's called lol). Without having to download through 7th heaven mod manager? I just wasted about 4GB of internet allowance trying to download it through 7th heaven mod manager it always freezes half way through the starts the download from the beginning again. Its wasted nearly all this months internet allowance :( . Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-16 16:40:12 by bobbythejobby »

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-07-17 10:29:27 »
NVM I got the Team avalanche GUI to work all I had to do was copy the files to the Mods\Textures folder. It looks all hi res and amazing. Much better  than the horrible low res squashed fonts in the reunion overhaul. Also Team avalanches hi res midgars textures are amazing far better than the enhanced field textures in the 7th heaven mod catalogue. Just a pity Team avalanche haven't got a full game texture replacer, their mods are worlds apart from the rest.  8-)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-07-17 10:58:28 »
The reason your menu was squashed together with no new textures is because you didn't use the correct .exe. In the mod category The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul, there are two main options to enable --- Menu Overhaul and Beacause (ReTranslation Project by DLPB).

If you enable Menu Overhaul, then you must set your Workshop -> Settings -> FF7 Exe = ff7_mo.exe.

If you enable Menu Overhaul and/or Beacause, then you must set your Workshop -> Settings -> FF7 Exe = ff7_bc.exe

This is clearly stated in the written tutorial for STEP 3.

I appreciate your feedback, but I'm honestly at my limits with these kind of posts. I get ticked when people come here stating opinions on horrible quality or time wasted downloading/installing when they make their own mistakes with the setup. It's ok to make a post stating how things are not working and that you're looking for help. It's another thing to do so while belittling our own efforts to provide this FREE content for you. Next time read the directions more carefully.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-17 13:19:43 by EQ2Alyza »

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-07-17 16:35:08 »
I must apologise. My intention was not to belittle anyone. I simply stated the facts in my opinion. The renunion overhaul didnt work for me agreeably because I didn't know I had to use a different exe file. But what's that all about anyway?  The Team Avalanche menus only require that you copy 2 folders to the texture directory, far more simple and efficient and looks better than reuinion overhaul. The field texures available in 7th Heaven catalogue only very slightly improve texture quality. The Team Avalanche Midgar Textures dramatically improve the filed textures to a whole other level and make Final fantasy look like an entirely new game. Given the choice obviously you are going to pick the one that makes the game look best :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-07-18 00:57:44 »
No apology needed. It's been a build up of many, MANY similar posts over the years. Just wanted to get that off my chest, and now I feel better :)

The TA menus don't alter window sizes and data in the exe, while Menu Overhaul does. TA GUI is an older mod than MO, so the way its modded changed over time when MO was created. It's personal preference, but I like MO the best.

The TA field scenes were stopped after the FF7 Remake was announced. The team making them felt the time spent on them was of no use anymore. It took them years to make the several Midgar scenes we have now, so I'm not sure it ever would have finished anyways.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-07-18 15:07:08 »
The TA field scenes were stopped after the FF7 Remake was announced. The team making them felt the time spent on them was of no use anymore. It took them years to make the several Midgar scenes we have now, so I'm not sure it ever would have finished anyways.
jmp434 is still doing scenes, and frankly a good deal faster than anyone before him. I don't think he's formally working under the TA umbrella, but it's exactly the same thing.

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-07-18 23:55:35 »
Kl, KL  8-), That explains a lot EQ2Alyza gutted TA arn't making any more textures :( guess Ill check that jmp guy/gals work out. Thanks

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-07-19 02:20:46 »
It's one of the busiest threads on the forums at the moment: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16748.0

I love seeing his work and how quickly he can make scenes. He's French though, so his English is not native level. There is a guide on how to do his work in French, and I believe it was translated to English by someone on the forums. It would be really great if others could chip in and help. The potential to complete the entire game is there.

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-07-20 15:37:58 »
How do I install them????  downloaded the ones from the pic links on the 1st page and copied them to the textures\field\ folder but nothing is replaced

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-07-20 17:23:53 »
I presume that they're getting overwritten by the upscale IROs from 7thHeaven, if you've installed those and have activated them.
If not, I have no idea.

bobbythejobby

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-07-20 22:59:19 »
NVM worked it out I didn't realize I had to keep the files in the original subfolders, i initially just extracted them all and copied all the files to the field directory. Doh!!!  Got them working now :)

chesterTheJester

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017-07-29 05:40:14 »
you saved me from an hour of searching the net because of this post Thank you EQ2Alyza