Author Topic: FFIX Steam - Sound effects restoration/original PSX sound fix?  (Read 7017 times)

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Maybe I'm mistaken, so were there two people working on two sound effect projects?  One was a SFX replacement (to have whatever you want), and another to restore the sounds back to their PSX originals? I just want to set the record straight that I'm not getting these things mixed up.

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
Thank you!

A new version is available!
https://yadi.sk/d/QbZQdNqHvJBSe

You can add the "Auto" button to the discard card dialog and use it to discard many unnecessary cards by the one click.
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/wiki/Tetra-Master

You can change a launcher's background:
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/25

Now export of audio resources will use a display names for the .ogg files.
Import supports a custom file names if its prefixed the original name.

Translators can change the field's text and see result in the game without restarting.
Accelerated loading of texts in 30 times.

Not sure where the replacement mod is up to - couldn't find the post about it.

EDITING: I'm a numpty and misread which Final Fantasy this is for...
« Last Edit: 2017-05-05 01:20:51 by mystery_editor »

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Not sure where the replacement mod is up to - couldn't find the post about it.

EDITING: I'm a numpty and misread which Final Fantasy this is for...

Is this not the mod or is there no mod and only the one that replaces them with custom SFX? Am I missing something here? What is this post from?

It's also funny that the so-called download link doesn't even work.

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
I really need to learn to read things properly before responding.

Memoria allows for OGG extraction so you can theoretically put your own replacement SFX into the game.

dclem created a custom replacement mod, but has decided not to release it, so that's out the window.
Sharon on Steam was working on replacing the SFX with the PSX version - https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/133258593389989239/ - but so far,nothing there - I'm presuming you've seen that one too. No further info unfortunately...

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
I really need to learn to read things properly before responding.

Memoria allows for OGG extraction so you can theoretically put your own replacement SFX into the game.

dclem created a custom replacement mod, but has decided not to release it, so that's out the window.
Sharon on Steam was working on replacing the SFX with the PSX version - https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/133258593389989239/ - but so far,nothing there - I'm presuming you've seen that one too. No further info unfortunately...

Okay, I  knew I was getting them mixed up, but haven't heard anything from the other project in some time, do you know if there any way of contacting that author on Steam or he has an account on here by chance?

Edit: Wait a minute, why do I get the impression it's the same guy? I don't know what's going on anymore ><
« Last Edit: 2017-05-05 06:26:09 by the_randomizer85 »

Fraggoso

• View Profile
It's the same guy. :/
I'll look into the sfx as soon as I've released my backumod and texture mod for FFIX

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
It's the same guy. :/
I'll look into the sfx as soon as I've released my backumod and texture mod for FFIX
Damn -_- Well, I mean, okay, but still. I've had wrong hopes for this since it's the same guy. I hope that something will come of this, I know absolutely nothing about programming, how the AKB headers work, etc.  Thank you though.

dclem

• View Profile
No kidding, its me.  :roll:
Yet you and that trolling on my yt channel and PMs here with derogatory comments.  :? Was that necessary? Just cause you got angry when I said I wasn't releasing the sound mod.

Good luck trying to fix all the FFIX sounds.
Like I said before, don't expect it to be easy as 1 -2 - 3.
I did the majority of them and still had sfxs left over, (at least 600) so botched its unidentifiable, I'm not kidding!
Unless you have a good ear and can identify all Silicon Studios's sfxs, its gonna be hell.
With over 3000 botched over sounds to listen through, it's immerse. And when you get to replacing the spell sfxs, make sure to leave some reserved space over the audio to replace, so that the timing is right.
And more specific spells like Holy and Might, (unless you're using the Memoria Mod to fix battle FPS) that sfx has to be slower than usual, or the timing is going to be so off, it plays too fast for the animation in game.
Where you gonna get the FFIX psx sounds from?
I was the only one who ripped them all, sorted and organized for this purpose.

I'm just letting you know what you're up against taking on this role of" Sound Effect Fixer -Commander in Chief-
I'm not being all snotty like what you be thinking. I'm telling you what's real.
You're good at backgrounds and I see that's already an immerse amount of work.

I just said before, if you can handle a few custom sfxs, the sound mod will be released.
It ain't like I completely replaced ALL the sounds with custom ones.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-08 23:07:32 by dclem »

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
If it's only some custom SFX's, then no, it's not a bad tradeoff. I wasn't aware of the enormity of the sound effects, so I admit I was wrong for all I said, I won't deny that.  I do wish Square Enix didn't outsource the porting to a company that didn't know what the hell they were doing.  I'm not seeking forgiveness or an apology, but think of this as an admission of being wrong.

You want to know why I was upset? Because I didn't know what was going on, how big the project truly was, because I suck big time at programming, among other things, I can't program worth a damn, *throws up arms in defeat* Sigh...
« Last Edit: 2017-05-09 00:38:19 by the_randomizer85 »

dclem

• View Profile
I'm not good at programming either, and being dyslexic, these numbers and them symbols and {} with }else{ and "if"'s etc. makes me feel like I been casted with Confuse.  :P. Hence why I have to ask Tirlititi so many questions  :|
And we can all agree SE not doing the port was the biggest mistake they could've ever made. (when it first came out in April, who was to expect this?)
But they got their profit (dat $$$$$) so its whateva to them now.

Okay then. The sound mod will be released. And I know the model importer will be a while before its released, so, as I get this problem solved with Tirlititi, sound mod is out.
Yeah, I found more sound fixings so went back to editing.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-09 01:50:40 by dclem »