Author Topic: Some simple fixes to FF8 and some help needed.  (Read 2793 times)

LightningHelix

• View Profile
Some simple fixes to FF8 and some help needed.
« on: 2017-05-09 21:48:38 »
So I'm looking to enhance the worst part of FF8 (the gameplay) and I'm looking to do so with a few tweeks. I would like someone to point me in the right direction of what mod tools I can use to edit each part or what I can modify to achieve what I want to accomplish.

Here is what I would like to do:

- Remove Quantities for spells (What I mean is, drawing gives you the spell and casting it does not take any quantity away. This could perhaps be achieved by making a draw quantity always 100 and then making casting spells not remove the quantity, then hiding the "quantity" so it looks like it doesn't exist.)

- Make it where you can only cast spells you have junctioned.

- Spells do not repeat (example, if you have fire, you can't get fire for another character, not sure if this is possible or not.)

- Junctioning spells increase stats by percentage and not by a raw value (for balancing purposes.)

- Modifying the effectiveness of spells. (they are too weak.)

- Here's one I'm not sure can be done but would really like, implementing a level cap as the story progresses.

- I would also like to modify how limit breaks work, but I'm not sure how I would like to do that yet.

- In the future, I'll probably modify enemy stats/skills or something, but it's less important right now than the above.

« Last Edit: 2017-05-09 21:50:40 by LightningHelix »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Some simple fixes to FF8 and some help needed.
« Reply #1 on: 2017-05-10 03:28:12 »
These don't sound simple. Just sayin'

LightningHelix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-05-10 16:32:49 »
Perhaps,

At the very least I would like Magic to be more effective and for Spells to not run out (aka always be 100, so you are not punished by casting Junctioned spells).

Also making junctions rely on percentage rather than raw value to avoid making it too easy to be overpowered in the beginning.

Seems like a few minor adjustments to me. I'm just not very well versed in the ff8 modding scene and what tools that can accomplish this (if there are any.)

The rest would be cool, but probably not as necessary.

Girl next door

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-05-10 19:37:24 »
Most of these things will be hard to do. Check out these tools: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17090.0 http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8741.0