Author Topic: 7th Heaven Updates (Coming With Catalog 3.0)  (Read 60078 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
7th Heaven Updates (Coming With Catalog 3.0)
« on: 2017-05-21 06:20:24 »
Hi all,

As you have may noticed, Iros is no longer active on the forums, and there is no way to contact him outside the forums. Because of this, 7H hit a bit of a stalemate in development. I think it goes without saying how thankful I, and everyone here, am for his creation and development of 7H. Iros will always hold that credit :)

With that said, it's time to move forward. I have decided to team up with TurBoss and UGerstl to continue the development of 7H and help make it a better tool for everyone. There have already been several bug fixes and enhancements done based on our personal experiences and the communities experiences with using it. Your troubleshooting/feedback posts DO make a difference by providing us with information on issues that one person (myself) can't test all herself.

Sooo, without further ado, here is what we have done so far (subject to more before release):

Bug Fixes:
  • Empty save slots will no longer cause crashes during startup
  • Cancel Downloads will now properly cancel the download

Enhancements:
  • (WIP) EXE Hext support added (no longer need ff7_mo.exe and ff7_bc.exe)
  • Movies + Music added to folder detection by default (no longer needed to manually input as Extra Folders)
  • Refresh Button added to Library/Catalog tabs
  • Switching tabs will automatically Refresh the page
  • Direct Mode on/off option added in OpenGL Settings
  • Postprocess now has a drop-down menu for selecting various shader options

• Readme and Profile Details windows have new formatting - Text Size, Bold, Italics, Lists, Gifs (imgur only), links can be formatted

• Title Bar will display the 7H Version #
  • Official Catalog link will now be a default entry in the subscriptions box
  • Config Files relocated to subfolder of 7thHeaven.exe (rather than buried in AppData)
  • (WIP) Downloads will only queue one at a time to help with freezing bandwidth issues
  • Third download party (https://www.sofortcloud.com/) added to help better spread out download bandwidths
  • Numerous UI Text Changes for easier understanding of navigation

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven Updates (Coming With Catalog 3.0)
« Reply #1 on: 2017-05-21 08:20:20 »
I'm already in love with this program as is, these updates are going to be amazing!  :-D

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #2 on: 2017-05-21 12:17:10 »
Any way you can allow the preview pictures in mod configs to be resized/repositioned?

Any time i make one it's too big and the bar actually covers the picture. A minor thing but still

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-05-21 13:33:51 »
Are they 400x225 size?

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #4 on: 2017-05-21 14:30:23 »
I get the pics to fit perfectly eventually but they get cut off so much if you have them any bigger. Just move it down slightly so the bar and the white space around it don't overtake it

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-05-23 21:44:14 »
Great to see some improvements. I will update ChaOS soon, too. Just finished the battle model of Sephiroth.

Regarding 7H:

1 - This is useless for the normal user, though the version should be displayed somewhere
2 - This could be moved to the right side, also the arrows make their more sense to me. Don't know how often I moved the wrong mod with the current design
3 - Redundant since the mod is already in the active tab
4 - This should be replaced with the OpenGL driver configuration. Doesn't even know what this is for, all I know is that Iros did misunderstand me and had added this useless button.  :-[

Did actually somebody uses the Profiles? And didn't somebody made a neat logo? http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16674.msg236857#msg236857

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-05-26 10:49:53 »
Regarding 7H:
1 - This is useless for the normal user, though the version should be displayed somewhere
2 - This could be moved to the right side, also the arrows make their more sense to me. Don't know how often I moved the wrong mod with the current design
3 - Redundant since the mod is already in the active tab
4 - This should be replaced with the OpenGL driver configuration. Doesn't even know what this is for, all I know is that Iros did misunderstand me and had added this useless button.  :-[

Did actually somebody uses the Profiles? And didn't somebody made a neat logo? http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16674.msg236857#msg236857

Your requests have been sent. I think #2 might be a bit tricky, but we'll work on something, and I'll send it your way to test. I actually would prefer the mods to be able to drag, but not sure if it's possible.

I use Profile saves when checking load orders that are posted with troubleshooting questions, so it's helpful for me at least :)

I'll look into the logo for the final release. It's certainly neat and worthy.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-05-26 17:00:37 »
Thank you Eliza, sounds good, especially the save bugfix.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2017-05-27 06:56:49 »
I have a few suggestions if this is the acceptable place for suggestions....(not sure):

1. Possibly add auto organization to the Active Mods or Library tabs to cut down on the simple fix of keeping mods in the correct order.
2. Add a Help tab next to Workshops that gives basic "To do's" if the game doesn't start. Ex: Install, or reinstall Overwrite Game Converter, or make sure your graphics card is up to date. Then add a link at the end that leads to the correct help forum if you are still having problems.
3. Add images to the "No Change" choices (if that's you all doing that) That way it'll give more of a comparison of what you are changing. Like, what the Highwind looks like normal compared to Costa07's Highwind.

Edit: Edited for easier viewing I guess?
« Last Edit: 2017-05-27 08:31:38 by strife98 »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017-06-17 19:04:05 »
seems like we can also post updates to our mods covered in this program.  Doing a fresh play through testing and getting pretty far.  Some things are still wanky.  Don't use Sephiroth's first level two limit.  It seems to be crashing the game for some reason.  Probably because I using a defective one as I miss placed my fixed one.  Also some battles are messed up like some random and boss battles are jumbled up.  Probably need to redo the kernel part.  I wish we could make out own topics and lock and then edit them whenever we got updates to put out.  Any chance we can get something like that implemented?

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2017-06-22 07:23:07 »

thanks sir kaldarasha! how's our Project 8 EYE? :)

I'll look into the logo for the final release. It's certainly neat and worthy.

I'll have to recreate that if you're going to use it.. because the PSD file of that is on my old laptop harddrive that failed. Still trying for ways to recover the data in that hard drive.. I'm always ready to help your team Alyza! :)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017-06-22 07:42:30 »
Quote from: Quina
I...so happy...
...to see you back. Well, we need to redo the eyes again, they should be most likely as the original but of course high res. What would be much more important to me would be a high res version of Barret's tattoo, ATM I have only a placeholder, which doesn't look that good.

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2017-06-23 03:07:49 »
...to see you back. Well, we need to redo the eyes again, they should be most likely as the original but of course high res. What would be much more important to me would be a high res version of Barret's tattoo, ATM I have only a placeholder, which doesn't look that good.

I'll try to recreate the tattoo.. Is a simple flat .png of the tattoo is ok?

SaruwatariXZ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017-06-27 13:33:47 »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #14 on: 2017-06-27 15:14:07 »
Can't be added, those models were acquired through ripping. It's against Qhimms rules

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2017-06-28 03:08:57 »

I'll have to recreate that if you're going to use it.. because the PSD file of that is on my old laptop harddrive that failed. Still trying for ways to recover the data in that hard drive.. I'm always ready to help your team Alyza! :)

We've got the current image loaded at the backdrop for a new UI build of 7H. I'll PM you a screenshot.

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2017-07-04 03:07:32 »
We've got the current image loaded at the backdrop for a new UI build of 7H. I'll PM you a screenshot.

okay okay Ma'am.. I'll be waiting  ;)

Mr.New Vegas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2017-11-15 06:59:47 »
Hi,
Am i blind or there is no download link for 1.56 version?

Thanks

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2017-11-15 22:05:00 »
Hi,
Am i blind or there is no download link for 1.56 version?

There's no download link because the newest version hasn't officially launched yet. This is just to inform you of the current build progress/updates.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #19 on: 2018-01-09 06:10:04 »
Hey Alyza! Happy new year to you too!

By my experience with 7th heaven a (resume/pause download) feature is definitely needed for me ( I had to re-download the biggest files like 10 times due to my current low bandwidth connection). Also an option on which path do we want the 7th heaven to read first in order (direct, textures, movies, music) before reading the iros, so as we are able to use any mods downloaded before the 7th heaven mod manager release. If this is even plausible.

A guide on how to make an iro (mostly the xml file and folders structure) would be welcomed too. I will browse through the threads and see if there is something similar though.

I also experienced some conflict between the textures folder and the battle scenes textures loaded from an iro. After moving my old field and magic backed up files into the textures folder without de-activating the iro mod first. It messed up my battle textures, appeared them very blurry like the upscaled ones in the field. Well I fixed the issue by de-activating the iro mods and reactivating them after a 7thheaven restart but in the process of doing that I deleted the cache files in the appdata folder. After that I can't see the preview images in the mod manager list. I restored my deleted xml inside the "cache" folder (though I believe this has nothing to do with it) but nothing changed. I also used to experience frequent iro list updates some days ago (not sure if there were any actual updates or if it was just a bug of v1.55) but it kept downloading the preview images each time it was asking me to update. Now it has stopped doing that.

If there is a way to get my preview files back please let me know. Thanks!

edit: About the preview images today I experienced the weirdest thing ever!

Code: [Select]
I started 7th heaven and it started sending updates.
I thought that it was a normal thing or someone read my post
and sent the preview images as an update. When the images
finished downloading the whole system froze!!! I needed to
reboot manually and when I logged in again my whole desktop
was vanished, there only were the chrome and recycle bin shortcut
icons and all my images, desktop folders, video, music files were moved
inside the users/username/ folder. My wallpaper was replaced
by a new blue themed with a mouse artwork one. I tried to look for
the 7thheaven folder and looked at my recently installed window updates.
An update notification was popping up on the far bottom right end of the screen
and it was by Logitech. I found the folder and I tried to launch 7th Heaven
where everything was like it was totally reset. I decided to close the program
and was staring at the screen until I realised what the heck was going on.
The screen resolution settings and everything were completely reset.
While in the process of accepting the whole situation I tried to re-configure
the screen settings like dpi resolution, clear text and everything. So I had
to log out and in for the settings to re-load. When I logged back in, everything
where in the right place like nothing happened. The logitech update notification
kept popping up so I exit the process and the 7th heaven loaded fine
and updated the preview images.

This was the weirdest experience I ever had with windows
but 7th heaven works like it is meant to...
One word... strawberries windows!
« Last Edit: 2018-01-09 10:44:40 by LeonhartGR »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2018-01-25 00:17:00 »
I am interested given the mention of no need to use the custom exes.

If you see the posts I made recently, those exe's are causing problems.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2018-01-25 05:31:26 »
Yes, I know what you mean about the exes. Remember, I only gather others work and add them to the 7H Catalog. I am not a modder. So if any major issues crop up, I probably won't be capable of fixing them. It's good to report them though, as perhaps someone else could take it into their own hands to try and fix.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2018-03-29 02:05:49 »
Hey sorry for the necro but wanted to make my presence known and announce I still plan to finish my fixes for the mod.  Hopefully this weekend since I am off.  If this update is not live probably try to get it for this update.

Update: Well I decided to play test it and resize the needed windows as I go.  Some random battles seems messed up so need to redo the scene bin.  Probably my fault as I was having issues and placed certain new bosses in places they probably didn't belong.  Anyway the configuration is all set and I know how to make them work properly so that will be good to go EQ2Alyza will just need to set up the download for the Iro which I'll also provide.  FYI thanks for doing all this appreciate the time and effort.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-17 06:42:24 by genesis063 »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2018-04-25 02:30:16 »
Felt this warranted a separate post.  This taking longer than expected.  Had to rework some parts and now have to change the character's scripts around so they know who they are lol.  No current eta with work and what not getting in the way but shouldn't take to long.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2018-04-25 12:08:54 »
You're all doing a wonderful job with what you have right now. Just take your time with it. No rush at all.