Author Topic: Final Fantasy 9: The pure mod  (Read 585 times)

Lein

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy 9: The pure mod
« on: 2017-05-30 05:48:16 »
After having browsed the internet for a few hours and messed around with all the mods that are available for Final Fantasy 9 I have come to the conclusion that the modding community is very unorganized and that people aren't prioritizing the important stuff. The port is good but it's not perfect, that should be the main focus of the modders in my opinion.

•Scale the UI to ps1 size without no bugs.
•Remove the chat/card icons.
•Fix the sound
•Change the font to the original ps1 styled font.
•No cheats

This would be the pure mod, something you throw into the folder and it removes all the bull that came with the android port. This game is not supposed to be played with a mouse, when the "pure" modifications are completed I would worry about other stuff, most of which can be done with hades workshop. The memoria patch that some genius made already disables cheats, fixes the sound and apparently you can change the font although I haven't managed to do that yet.

If whoever made memoria is reading this, maybe you could make it an option to remove the chat/card icon in front of NPCs? Also finishing the beautiful UI you made for the battle system would be very nice to see. Any news on the progress on all this stuff?

Fraggoso

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 9: The pure mod
« Reply #1 on: 2017-05-31 08:36:17 »
Why are you starting another topic? You've another one open which outlines almost the same.
The one who made Memoria is Albeoris and he's writing in here as well as steam.

I also don't know what you're asking for or shouting out as the sound will gets fixed soon and the music is already fixed.
You can disable Cheats via HW and Memoria or just don'e use them altogether.
Removing the Card Icon is also already possible with HW.

Don't get me wrong, I also want the Battle UI to be as good as the PSX one was, but opening threads over threads will not result in a better "organized" way to improve the modding community behind FFIX.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • The Great Redarr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-05-31 13:59:16 »
I have come to the conclusion that the modding community is very unorganized and that people aren't prioritizing the important stuff.
Ultimately, people will work on what they want to work on. Starting threads saying "what you're doing isn't important, do this instead" is going to largely be ignored because:
  • What's important to you might not be the same as what's important to someone else,
  • What's important to you might not be as easy or as fun to work on as what other people are working on,
  • Making mods takes time and energy, and people tend, here and on any modding forum, to respond poorly to folks asking for others to make mods for them,
  • You have openly admitted to using a cracked copy of the game, which is explicitly against our rules, as is helping people who use cracked or pirated copies.

If there's a mod you want made, your best bet is to make it yourself, plain and simple. I'm not exaggerating when I say it would probably be easier to learn how than to convince someone else to do the work for you.

As an aside, I notice you have also mentioned having a legit copy of the game (in which case, why use the cracked version?). As such, if you send me a link to your Steam profile where I can see it on there, I'll be glad to remove the "Pirate" avatar and usergroup from you, with the proviso that you understand even if you own the game you shouldn't use a cracked version because they often cause considerably compatibility issues with mods that work fine on legit versions.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-31 14:03:12 by Covarr »

Lein

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-05-31 17:25:09 »
Well this is a mod I'm attempting to put together, I'm not a programmer so I'll have to rely on other people for these fixes. I have already managed to improve the sound quality, removed the card/chat icons and disabled the cheats. All that's left is changing the font and redoing the battle UI. When I got all these fixes I'll post a zip online that I'll call the pure mod so people can get the original ps1 experience on pc.

Everything so far I managed to do with hades workshop, apparently you can change the font with memoria but memoria isn't compatible with hades workshop and memoria also is a plugin of sorts, it's not a mod that you can put into a zip folder and share with a friend. The friend would have to download memoria and mess around with the settings himself which is why i refrain from using it. What I'm looking for is a "pure mod", something that disables cheats, gets rid of ugly icons and changes the font and feel back to the original game. I for one definitely do not care to play as beatrix or kuja, I just want a quick fix for the flaws in the port.

And yes I have a legit copy of the game, I'm Dan Lel on steam if you need proof.