Author Topic: (7th Heaven) Least noticeable mods of the following? (Running Low On Bandwidth.  (Read 6997 times)

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
This is probably going to be a very hard to answer question if not impossible but I am going to give it a shot anyways.

Spell Textures
Sound Effects & Music
Movies

Firstly My Vote would have to go to the movies? I mean are there even that many FMV Sequences really.... they probably equal to about maybe 30 - 40 minutes in total.. if that am i wrong? The only worth while one I think is the Introduction and the Motorcycle sequence,, than theres no fmvs until disc 2 if i recall correctly.

But maybe the spell textures ... are they useful if you are using Satsukis Enhanced Textures (WAIFU Filter) <---- I was under the impression Satsukis Textures affect everythjing including the spell effects so wouldnt combining the two be a minimal and somewhat redundant boost (I will definitely be using satsuki)  or am I wrong?

The sound effects I really like , but if I have to get music too   it just seems like a waste of bandwidth to me.. Im usually listening to OC Remix from FFVII on an exterior Media Player while i enjoy FFVII anyways.. so maybe this would be the least useful for me considering my circumstance.... is there an iro that includes only sound effect changes?

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
I don't exactly have an answer here but a mix and match type of download would certainly be helpful.

Spell effects are different to satsuki's enhancements, if i'm thinking right satsuki's IRO is field scenes right as appose to magic?

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
techincally that is correct, but i could have sworn i recalled seeing somewhere  a post or a picture with satsukis textures + waifu filter affected battle backgrounds/world map textures along with  spell effects..   let me try to dig up the post/pic

yeah here look...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16444.0

theres a picture in battle   with the textures  affecting  everything ( battle background + Spell effects.) (as well as world map and mini games.)

so im confused .... I was under the impression the satsuki field textures + Waifu affects all textures throughout the game....

or are they all split up into each category  throughout 7th heaven..

Satsukis Field textures...
Satsukis Spell Effect Textures
Satsukis World Map Textures?

and therefore you have to download all of them even if you want just satsukis....

if thats the case thats too bad.... 7th heaven should have an alternative way to download the mods.. instead of downloading a whole category with 3 or 4 different packs made by different people..  there should ALSO be an option to download all textures made by one author.. (All satsuki textures only.) so as to not have to download other textures when you are sure that all you want is satsuki
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 03:11:33 by ZaruenKosai »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Yeah i just checked my own mods. They are seperated. You need both field and magic's.

I could make you one myself that has only what you need but my upload speed is a disgrace!
So sadly i can't upload a file that size without my electric bill killing me haha

I may be able to get someone to help you though

Stilll gonna be around 8gb though

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
i only need the spell textures from satsuki , the spell textures from 7th heaven is only 1.5gb (and i imagine that contains not just satsukis but other authors as well.. ) so if you or someone else could create an iro file with just the spell textures from satsuki it should be less than 1.5 gb in filesize.

do you happen to know the different available options for the movies folder.. because if its possible to create an iro file (or something compatible to be used in conjuction with  all my mods loaded from 7th heaven) containing just the movie files I need  (i dont know what the options are but im sure that the 4.5 gb movies file is not just one author .. its probably 3 or 4 ... ) than i could save bandwidth from the movie files category as well..

That would be really great.. i dont have internet.. so all my data is from my cell phone and i only have about 13gb a month to use unfortunately...) and right now ive used 6gb (9gb once i finish downloading satsuki field textures)  already so that leaves me iwth 7 gb for this month (4gb after I finish downloading satsukis field textures.) .... so yeah if i could find a way to download a minimal version of both the movies and spell textures (containing just the files from the author i choose and not all the different options...) i could probably end up with  just enough bandwidth to download  them... im not even sure if this is possible though.. otherwise i will have no choice but to wait until next month to finish downloading everthing without going over my bandwidth.

(Ill be getting internet again in a few months so worst case scenario i can always just wait and by than , 7th heaven + New threat will probably be updated to new versions .. so even though  iwont be able to play for a while atleast it will be nice to know that when i do get the oppurtunity , it will be with all new versions, positive thinking. heh.

another option  would be to find a location with Free WI FI and download there but i dont have a laptop and I dont think an android version of 7th heaven exists so the iro would have to be uploaded somewhere that i can access a download allowed at public wi fi hotspot (they block alot of connections  at public wi fi so im not sure what the possiblity is on this method... its alot of what ifs,  maybes and buts . (in otherwords public wi fi is probably the last resort that may or may not work if i really want to try.)
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 04:54:13 by ZaruenKosai »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
The spells i'd say yes, i'll be able to get that somewhere for you.
As for movies, the ones in 7th heaven are good. They are up scaled originals but i would advise downloading the DVD release version from here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8414.0

It's only 1 pack so it will save a lot of space plus the quality of these far surpass that of 7th heavens available ones.

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
thank you very much... the dvd enhancement is only 700mb for all the videos? thats crazy small compared to the 4.5 gb on 7th heaven or is that just one part...  the link in the 1st post is a mega.nz link.. the 2nd post haS a bunch of different links.

just let me know  about the minimized satsukis spell effects packs.... will it be in iro format.. or will i have to use it outside of 7th heaven... (as long as its compatible to use in conjunction with 7th heaven mod loader mods, either way is fine with me.)
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 18:18:05 by ZaruenKosai »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
I can make it an IRO for you. No problem. I'm not sure if it's a full pack, but they are easily the best. Maybe the DVD didn't have them all on it..

Again, it's a gamble here. My internet is extremely bad so i couldn't even download it and test for you.
It would take me like 4 hours to get it lol :D

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
well just let me know when its ready for download... i appreciate this alot...   ill look through the movie thread to see if i can find more information about the movies.. but  im not worried... thanks again.

one more confusion question i could ask if you dont mind..

opening - A higher quality version of the PS3 tech demo was used and the audio was corrected to remove some small clicks near the end.
canon - ACC
canonh3f - ACC
earithdd - higher quality version of hybridmoon's video was used and new ACC footage used when able.
funeral - same as above
ending3 - ACC footage
jenova_e - AC, ACC, CC footage.
meteofix - AC
nivlsfs - ACC
ontrain - 1080p remake trailer footage.

this is the list in the first post of the topic over at the movies mod

so theres 2 different files

Remastered Replacement FMVs for FFVII
https://mega.nz/#!KFRgWTxI!sIx-VW8lpnSpAdMAqWRpZ9YnVb_h8xoN-GLrVxIoHLI

Enhanced Replacement FMVs from Toshiba DVD
https://mega.nz/#!2ZQShChR!H0FQIpBqJTjPTDU1wzbkGiBGeOaVUw94c4Ur0d6TDdA

are these the same videos just one enhanced more than the other?
or is the first one advent children FMVS and the 2nd one the original..

I really liked the advent children FMV for some reason... for the opening... or was it the ps3 tech demo im thinking of...

I remember in the video you see cloud doing some crazy things and than he says... I am cloud or my name is cloud or something... that was my favorite opening video.

sorry for all the questions.. i just want to make sure to know which to download before wasting bandwidth heh.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 21:27:56 by ZaruenKosai »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Download should be ready very soon. Umm i'm not entirely sure.
I would get the dvd ones though. I'd say if they aren't a full pack that other link will have everything else that's needed so you kinda win both ways

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
sweet.. cant wait! very excited to finally get to play FF7 again with New Threat and etc.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Link removed for safety reasons
« Last Edit: 2017-06-13 15:10:31 by Tsunamix »

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
Cant send another pm for some reason, says it's too soon.

Heres a link

***LINK REMOVED***

Last link was wrong
Sorry about that

Not sure if it's okay to do this but once he has it i'll take it down. It wont let me pm

finished downloading...

Thank you!

slight problem, the iro is not being displayed in my library when i load 7th heaven... i placed the iro in the iro folder.. do i have to manually import it somehow

EDIT: Okay i found an import button , thanks again
« Last Edit: 2017-06-13 21:51:02 by ZaruenKosai »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Perfect, if you wanna just edit the above message and take out the link for me.
Just in case