Author Topic: Installation Question  (Read 3416 times)

ManInBlack

• View Profile
Installation Question
« on: 2017-06-25 08:18:30 »
There is a point in the 7th Heaven Tutorial thread that says to Mount an ISO, however neither the thread nor the video tutorial explains what that means. I attempted to Google it, but the Google result is showing screenshots that do not match what the actual download provides. I'm not sure if this means I must purchase a flash drive before I am able to mod the game or if I am simply doing something wrong.

Any assistance would be appreciated. It was the mods I found on this forum (thanks to Google) that convinced me to purchase the game again when Steam put it on sale, so this is definitely #1 priority!

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: Installation Question
« Reply #1 on: 2017-06-25 15:38:36 »
There is a point in the 7th Heaven Tutorial thread that says to Mount an ISO, however neither the thread nor the video tutorial explains what that means. I attempted to Google it, but the Google result is showing screenshots that do not match what the actual download provides. I'm not sure if this means I must purchase a flash drive before I am able to mod the game or if I am simply doing something wrong.

Any assistance would be appreciated. It was the mods I found on this forum (thanks to Google) that convinced me to purchase the game again when Steam put it on sale, so this is definitely #1 priority!

Mount the blank ISO image, means to mount it on a program like Daemon Tools or Power ISO on a virtual Disk Drive.  Like this picture shows.                               

All you have to do is ( I am going to use Daemon tools as the example) just drag and drop the image on to on of the virtual drives it will more than likely be the letter K.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-25 15:45:28 by Yuffie1983 »

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-06-27 06:17:45 »
For some reason whatever device I view this thread from, it's not letting me see the image. When I download the ISO it opens in PowerISO, but when I click on Virtual Drive it says "No Drive". I noticed that "Set Number of Drives" is automatically disabled; is that where I can add one?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2017-06-28 02:55:57 »
Yes, add a virtual drive and then mount the ISO to it. This game, like many others back in the 90s, needed the original CDs inside a CD drive when you launched the game. Enix Store and Steam copies have bypassed this, but the game converter switches it back to the original version. This virtual drive mount is the way to bypass the check for those with digital copies without the original CDs.

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-06-28 06:39:27 »
Bad news is after jumping through a number of hoops this afternoon, I still could not manage to add a virtual drive.
Good news is that I got my new laptop in today, which was not intended for gaming but is MUCH better suited for this and literally needed me only to right-click and choose "mount". Though I had to do it again after restarting, so I may need to do this every time I play the game.

EDIT: Though I am wondering at this point if FF7 with 7th Heaven can only be played in a large window or not. I didn't see that in the FAQ.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-28 06:58:12 by ManInBlack »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-06-28 08:42:26 »
EDIT: Though I am wondering at this point if FF7 with 7th Heaven can only be played in a large window or not. I didn't see that in the FAQ.

FF7 can be played in full screen. In 7thHeaven just click Workshop -> OpenGL driver config. and it's at the very bottom of the Resolution tab.

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-06-28 21:54:57 »
Thank you! The Full screen check seems to have the same crashing issue that vanilla Steam does, but I'm not sure if I either skipped a step in "Window Size" or if yours was custom, but copying that portion got me to a big enough window.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-06-28 22:22:50 »
Use Borderless full screen if the full screen mode does fail for you.
http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/download