Author Topic: FF7 in Win ME  (Read 4505 times)

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FF7 in Win ME
« on: 2001-03-12 19:35:00 »
Anyone had trouble running FF7 in Windows ME?  I tried it on two computers, both of them don't let you select to use Direct3D or hardware for the Graphics (Software Rendering is the only choice, although every thing there reports "Pass").  Works fine though on my Win95 and my friend's Win98.

It might be the graphics card, but both comps have different graphics cards (I can't remember what they are off the top of my head).  Any of you have any ideas?

M0T

• View Profile
FF7 in Win ME
« Reply #1 on: 2001-03-13 02:14:00 »
If they are Nvidia based cards you need the patch to run it but if they are nvidia based cards it should say fail next to 8-bit palleted textures

FF7 in Win ME
« Reply #2 on: 2001-03-21 17:50:00 »
Is there any web sites... that I could find patch for GeForce2 3D Card (FF7)(Windows ME)!!! Thanks

The SaiNt

• View Profile
FF7 in Win ME
« Reply #3 on: 2001-03-21 17:53:00 »
Amy, you use the same files for the TNT patch for the GEFORCE too.

FF7 in Win ME
« Reply #4 on: 2001-03-24 08:07:00 »
Thank YOU Very MUCH...

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FF7 in Win ME
« Reply #5 on: 2001-04-02 19:37:00 »
Ah ha... I think I discovered of the problem.<P>In FF7's config, on the Grapics tab, all of the little things report "PASS" but Hardware Rendering is not an option.  I checked to see what the video card was in the System Control Panel, and ... ... I couldn't find it!  It turns out my friend has an eMachine with some wierd Intel video processor that only shows up as an "Intel Video Processor" or something, and its not where it should be.  In FF7's config, there is no choice for Video Driver besides "Primary Driver."<P>ANYWAY<P>Here's what I think I should do.  As I cannot set it to Hardware Rendering on his computer, and I can't on mine either (I don't even have a 3D card, mine fails everything except one), could someone send a .reg file that has the settings set to run in hardware mode to [email removed] ?  You can create .reg files in the Windows Registry Editor (File -> Export or something).  I'll mess with it from there.<P>Thanks a ton.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-15 17:39:38 by Aaron »