Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.6s)  (Read 526456 times)

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.6s)
« Reply #1850 on: 2017-06-28 10:05:15 »
The steal/morph is 90%+(ish) the same as original game. Sadly I have no list. If you used my patcher you could use ProudClod as a bestiary.

Lopes

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: 2017-06-28 19:55:27 »
Thank you for the info :)

Guess ill check it

Leeloo

• View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: 2017-07-17 12:05:24 »
Is this mod balanced around the idea that people are going to use the w-item dublication glitch or does that make any difference anyway?

Balgias

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: 2017-11-21 03:57:51 »
I can't even get your patcher to find my steam install version of the game that has been treated with 7nth heaven. It also can't locate my raw, clean steam install.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-21 06:16:19 by Balgias »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • No life
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1854 on: 2017-11-22 04:15:33 »
I can't even get your patcher to find my steam install version of the game that has been treated with 7nth heaven. It also can't locate my raw, clean steam install.

That's probably because the game converter used with 7H will change registry locations after its use. It's meant to make your computer think you have the original copy installed, which had to be done for compatibility with certain mods. Try selecting the other option in the HC mod installer. I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head (1997/Original Copy?).

But, if you're using 7H, why use this installer? It's already an option to select from the Catalog.

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1855 on: 2017-11-24 16:27:42 »
Is this mod balanced around the idea that people are going to use the w-item dublication glitch or does that make any difference anyway?

No, you should be able to beat the game without, but I don't consider it cheating if you replace grinding items by exploiting the glitch. If you can grind items in an efficient way, just use w-item to save time.
The only boss that assumes you have maxed everything is the super-cheap mega boss of this mod. See screencap in 1st post.

See answer above. Select the original (1997/8) option.

Why you want to run this patch with 7H? It's already included in 7H.

Balgias

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 2017-11-25 05:48:59 »

Why you want to run this patch with 7H? It's already included in 7H.

AAAAaaaa

what the heck is it called in the 7h installer?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • No life
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1857 on: 2017-11-27 09:34:45 »
Download the Gameplay and Difficulty category, Activate, Configure to use Hardcore Mod.

Balgias

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: 2017-11-27 10:51:25 »
It seems that the ultimate weapons for the various characters have been modified somewhat? I'm using this mod alongside ro5, conformer has like 14 damage, and vincents death penalty is at 42 damage despite him having around 5000 kills?

And what's the deal with heals missing more and more often?

Also is the "recovery" adamantai gets from his own break hitting him healing him back up to FULL? His mana as well?

I killed adamantai before my post got moderator approved- with lvl62 cloud, heavens cloud, reflect ring, MANS armlet, gravaga+hp absorb, and a mix of casting magic hammer and white wind to heal as any other heal needs a potion or reflectable spell. Break is the spell that needs to miss you, it takes a while but once he starts healing himself you have to brave the prospect of spamming the small self heals you get from hitting him with gravaga in order to constantly deal 9999 damage until his ai breaks the chain of self healing/lightshell spam attacks with a forced cast of elemental chain that will almost most certainly kill him with the reflected damage.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-27 14:58:22 by Balgias »

Rikku

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: 2017-11-27 11:32:17 »
This mod is awsome.

Is this mod compatible with the psx version ?? Maybe using CDMage in order to replace Kernel.bin and Scene.bin or this can cause crashes in the game ??

Balgias

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: 2017-11-28 04:12:58 »
As far as aita goes any encounter that has a HIGH RNG component of an unblockable i-win button is just bad, sorry joe. This fight is trashy and annoying  >:( >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

I did manage although to kill him in about 2 minutes after optimizing my crap, BUT STILL DAMN HE WOULD KNOCK OUT VINCENT EVERY TIME I TRANSFORM HIM.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-28 04:19:44 by Balgias »

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1861 on: 2017-11-30 00:03:17 »
This mod is awsome.

Is this mod compatible with the psx version ?? Maybe using CDMage in order to replace Kernel.bin and Scene.bin or this can cause crashes in the game ??

Not without some work, no. The problem is the new enemies with new battle models. As far as I know the models are not compatible. I suspect if you, for instance, only use the kernel and scene (saw your PM), whenever the game encounters a new battle model, it will crash.

It seems that the ultimate weapons for the various characters have been modified somewhat? I'm using this mod alongside ro5, conformer has like 14 damage, and vincents death penalty is at 42 damage despite him having around 5000 kills?

And what's the deal with heals missing more and more often?

Something is wrong if that damage is consistently low. Was it against an enemy with high defense? What is ro5? I'm guessing it's the re-translate mod. if you use the installer then install the re-translation first, then use my patch after. Else things may get messed up. Also, if you apply the patches, then load a save that was used without the mods, things will be a bit messy.

Healing spells has a 120% hit rate. If your magic evasion is high, they will eventually miss. If equipped with a mystile, don't rely on healing magic.

As far as aita goes any encounter that has a HIGH RNG component of an unblockable i-win button is just bad, sorry joe. This fight is trashy and annoying  >:( >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Yes, well, I admit there is a bit too much rng things i this mod. If you get frustrated about that just wait lol, some fight are much harder. In hindsight I would have done things differently. That particular attack has a < 16% chance of happening. When I fight him he maybe use it once a fight, if at all. He has never spammed it against me. But I've seen vids on youtube where he spams it over and over again. That is unlucky; the rngods aren't kind. If that happens try getting in an encounter, do 1 attack, escape, save, then do the fight again. It'll hopefully scramble the rng in your favor.

People really don't like getting their characters expulsed from battle. Apparently it's a grave sin haha! I understand, and agree from a game-design perspective. To my defense: It's called "hardcore" for a reason. It's not an attempt to "fix" the difficulty, as I've heard several people explain it as.