Author Topic: Help with hit, miss and crit sounds?  (Read 11646 times)

Dracofern

Help with hit, miss and crit sounds?
« on: 2009-09-09 19:58:48 »
Hello, I'm new here, now that thats outta the way,  I'd like to get down to buisness. As you all probably know, There is a program called wallmarket that allows you to edit anything. I wanted Clouds attacks to sound like sephiroths because they are so much cooler, and when i copied the hit, miss and crit sounds from the masamune (7A, 78 and 05) and saved the kernel, i was over excited, but now it makes a sound like a door opening (hit) and barrets grenade limit break (crit) What did i do? If this is posted somewhere else, sorry, i did look, i did lurk, i didn't find it. Also, is it possible to get the Aero spells onto a materia, or not? And is there a way to actually have full control over sephiroth WITHOUT patching the game?
« Last Edit: 2009-09-09 20:05:27 by Dracofern »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Help with hit, miss and crit sounds?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-09 20:41:52 »
OK, so there are three questions there :-P

#1 I'm surprised by this. AFAIK I was actually the one who confirmed that these were the hit/crit/miss sounds (inb4 Akari saying that the Q-Gears people had known for years :lol:), but I've never done that much research on what they do. there's some discussion about it in the second half of page 24 of the WallMarket thread, but it might not help with your problem.

#2 Yes. Look here. :-D

#3 Yes; delete his AI with WallMarket.

Dracofern

« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-09 20:43:57 »
I've seen you around, you seem pretty good at this, Do you have any idea why exactly it makes different noises even though the hexes are exactly the same?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-09 20:48:14 »
Nah, sorry :-P

I just found out what they do; I don't know much about how or why. I've always been interested in other parts of the kernel.bin :-D

Dracofern

« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-09 20:50:53 »
OH. a pity. And with the sephiroth thing... Do i delete ALL of his AI or just some of it? because all other characters have some kind of AI. Whats weird is that my Wallmarket would crash whenever i tried to rename materia but now it doesn't. I wonder why? Thanks for your help, i'll try looking into this sound problem too, it might get fixed faster :D

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-09 20:57:48 »
the other characters' AI is stuff like... increase Date counter when cloud covers someone, or superfluous stuff like that, so yeah delete *all* his AI. (unless you wanna keep the parts that make him invincible)

Dracofern

« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-09 21:00:27 »
Oh ok, thanks. Get back to me if you can discover why the sounds dont work right, would you? I really want clouds attacks to sound cool, lol Thanks!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-09 21:00:47 »
Hmm, I can't immediately thing of any problem with deleting all of his AI, and I'm sure that I've played through his scenes with all of his AI deleted. As long as you keep a backup, there shouldn't be a problem. Delete all of his AI (but don't change anything else), and see if it works.

Actually, there might be one unintended effect from deleting his AI; you'll take away his immortality. If you want to keep that, delete his main script and ally death script, and delete up to 0x009 of his pre-battle script. This is what you should delete from pre-battle:

Code: [Select]
12    2060
10    4024
60    01

The rest of the pre-battle script makes him invincible.

I haven't tried this myself, but I think it will work. Tell me if it doesn't.

Dracofern

« Reply #8 on: 2009-09-09 21:39:46 »
I'm having a problem with the materia thing. Every time i change the name of the materia and the spell, i save the kernel, and i load it again, and it changes back to the original name. What do i do? EDIT:: I forgot i needed kernel 2, lol.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-09 21:44:28 by Dracofern »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-09-09 21:47:59 »
If you're using the PC version, you'll need to select "PC" in the bottom right corner.

If that doesn't work, look for a program called "Teioh". That will do the job just as well.

Dracofern

« Reply #10 on: 2009-09-09 22:00:20 »
OK, i got all that working. It was because i didnt save kernel 2. lol.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #11 on: 2009-09-10 00:33:50 »
I can easily answer you questions about sounds. Rest assured that this is a known issue and will be (finally) fixed in the next version. This has been an issue since the whole WM project began. Have you noticed that "Model ID?" on the Weapons is three bytes? Well, it's really not three bytes. The first byte listed is really a "bank shift". When it's given a certain value it shifts all the values of the sound indexes over by 100h. Basically, change the first byte of all Cloud's weapons to FB (which is what Masamune has) and you'll achieve the desired effect.

Ex: Crystal Sword's Model ID is listed as F8FF06, change it to FBFF06 and that will change the sounds properly.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-09-10 07:23:24 »
I can easily answer you questions about sounds. Rest assured that this is a known issue and will be (finally) fixed in the next version. This has been an issue since the whole WM project began. Have you noticed that "Model ID?" on the Weapons is three bytes? Well, it's really not three bytes. The first byte listed is really a "bank shift". When it's given a certain value it shifts all the values of the sound indexes over by 100h. Basically, change the first byte of all Cloud's weapons to FB (which is what Masamune has) and you'll achieve the desired effect.

Ex: Crystal Sword's Model ID is listed as F8FF06, change it to FBFF06 and that will change the sounds properly.

Wow NFITC1..I was just about to ask a question regarding sound but since it will be resolved on the next release..I'll be patient for a while!.. :lol:

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #13 on: 2009-09-10 16:47:26 »
Wow NFITC1..I was just about to ask a question regarding sound but since it will be resolved on the next release..I'll be patient for a while!.. :lol:

You might better ask your question just in case. They're probably moments away from being released (gotta do that AI code syncing with WM again *groan*)

I won't say how many moments. Depends on how lazy I want to be right now. ;)

Dracofern

« Reply #14 on: 2009-09-10 18:01:27 »
Oh, great, i was getting sick of hearing cloud explode all the time, lol :D thx!