Author Topic: Justin Bieber is Gay  (Read 43296 times)

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
Re: Justin Bieber is Gay
« Reply #50 on: 2010-05-24 00:49:55 »
They were equally bad then.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #51 on: 2010-05-24 00:52:18 »
I don't think she's that bad... Here watch this video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIr8-f2OWhs

Are we taking about the same person?
« Last Edit: 2010-05-24 00:56:01 by halkun »

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010-05-24 00:58:35 »
They were equally bad then.

Like I said, I'm more into rap so that's why mostly their older songs appeal to me the only serious bands I like are the ones I mentioned earlier, Someone who is really into the stuff will most-likely agree with you. ;D

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-05-24 01:30:15 »
Problem: Solved.
If you happen to like cLOUDDEAD or Dub FX (not rap exactly but a lot closer than anything else I listen to) then, um, Problem: Double-Solved.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-05-24 02:22:20 »
Problem: Solved.
If you happen to like cLOUDDEAD or Dub FX (not rap exactly but a lot closer than anything else I listen to) then, um, Problem: Double-Solved.

Damn... I gotta admit, that dub fx guy is pretty good, can't say the same for those clLOUDEAD guys though, I'm more a fan of guys like Eminem(probably the only one I actually buy the albums for) and 50cent(yeah, I know), other than that, just about eveybody from d12, usually things similar to their style and by that I mean anything with random violence involved, hence the reason I listen to guys like disturbed ..hehe but I really like dub fx, it's a shame I never actually heard about him before.  :-D

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #55 on: 2010-05-24 04:31:02 »
Stop bashing him. If you think he's gay then just don't listen to him or don't pay attention to him.

I could post a thread about how I think you're gay and what would that solve? Nothing.

Disturbed sucks.

I'm not a Disturbed fan so don't think I'm offended but isn't that a bit hypocritical?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #56 on: 2010-05-24 04:37:13 »
DROPPPING PLATES!!!!!!

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010-05-24 04:49:42 »
Stop bashing him. If you think he's gay then just don't listen to him or don't pay attention to him.

I could post a thread about how I think you're gay and what would that solve? Nothing.

Disturbed sucks.

I'm not a Disturbed fan so don't think I'm offended but isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Maybe he really just meant don't call things "gay" like that? Doesn't sound like he did though.. yeah, damn that dirty hypocrite!
Suddenly everyone reading this feels compelled to click the following link for it is a link of pure truth and glory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOleLD4CUbc
Because see I am plugging my taste in music because this thread is just so pointless anyway.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #58 on: 2010-05-24 04:55:17 »

Disturbed sucks.

Maybe he really just meant don't call things "gay" like that? Doesn't sound like he did though.. yeah, damn that dirty hypocrite!

No it doesn't. He said "Stop bashing him"; the word bashing has nothing to do with calling someone gay.

On another note, I agree with Prince Lex, people need to stop using the word gay in a negative context.

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
Re: Justin Bieber is [s]Gay[/s] Pretty Lame
« Reply #59 on: 2010-05-24 05:05:02 »
Oh and something about how using gay to mean bad is offensive etc etc.
(aww strikethrough doesn't work in a post title?)

You're clearly not taking this seriously. Which is fine, it is the internet after all - a person shouldn't really expect to come on to the board he's known for ten years without experiencing some homophobic comments disguised as playground talk.

I'm aware that half of this community nowadays could probably care less, but comments like "Justin Bieber is gay" are detrimental to the integrity of this place. Not to mention offensive to me - personally. I don't really give a sh*t what anyone thinks about gay people in general, and I'm also aware that the author of this thread probably meant no harm, but the problem lies with throwing words like "gay" around negatively. Theres f.uck all wrong with being gay, and I'm sick and tired of having to argue with people to get them to have a bit of tolerance about how other people might feel.

So I guess now I'm not only a grammar nazi, but a political-correctness nazi too.

This post may seem a bit aggressive, but this is around the fifth time I've had to post about homophobia on this forum over the years, and I am very very very tired of it.

And nikfrozty, thank you for apologising. This is the completely unrelated board - you can say whatever the hell you want about Justin Bieber in my opinion, just watch the terms you use, OK?
Hey man I agree I just, really could not be bothered forming that argument while posting from school, in class. The thing I usually see is that, by now, when gay is used that way, there usually isn't any conscious link to homosexuality at all. The problem is, gay is still very much coupled to homosexuality, enough that everyone reading or hearing at least briefly considers is, and it sort of, I guess, linguistically enables homophobias continued existence.
Now, in the similar case of fag, although it could be said to do the same, I take a different opinion about how that one should be approached. I think fag is probably in such wide use in generic contexts by my generation, and starting to come decoupled from any homophobic contexts enough that any assumption of bad faith is likely to just lengthen the period before it simply becomes a shift of word usage and stops being homophobic.
Of course I could be wrong, and while it is a pretty vast reservoir of anecdotes in this case, it is still being anecdotal.

@therage800: Yeah I know that I started my previous post that way for reasons that are already unknown to me.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #60 on: 2010-05-25 02:46:58 »

The thing I treasure most in life cannot be taken away
There will never be a reason why I will surrender to your advice
To change myself, I'd rather die
Though they will not understand
I won't make the greatest sacrifice
You can't predict where the outcome lies
You'll never take me alive

im Alive- Disturbed

if you tell me that isn't awesome, im gonna send you to a REAL asylum :P

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010-05-25 11:36:40 »
@ScottMcTony

I see what you mean. I don't actually know where you're from, but here in the UK I use fag to describe cigarettes, but actually think that "faggot" is the most offensive term you can call someone. Use of this word depends on where you're from - it's in much wider use as an insult in NA than it is here. The word faggot is derived from the French "faggeaux" which was the kindling used to burn witches at the stake - so when you call someone a faggot you really mean "I think you should burn". That's where the word comes from.

But just ignore my lecturey ramblings now, I was having a bad day and having now watched the last ever episode of Lost, feel the need to drown my sorrows in alcohol.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010-05-25 12:45:47 »
So "faggot", which means "you should burn", has evolved to mean "male homosexual"?  Wow, that's kind of scary...

I would argue that calling someone "gay" is a form of bashing.  I don't mean to be disrespectful to homosexuals, but challenging someone's sexuality is a severe insult (at least, in the society I live in).

Though ironically, there's a big difference between using it passively and using it seriously.  Sometimes, if I playfully diss a friend of mine, he might laugh along and make his comeback by calling me "gay".  He had a reason for it and doesn't really mean it at all to begin with - that's fine.  But if someone randomly called me gay for absolutely no discernible reason at all, I'd make a mental note of that person >:(

Having said that, I am against the use of that particular word as an insult, which is why I avoid it myself (my variation is "screw you", something I also tend to avoid typing because it looks a lot more confrontational in writing than it sounds when I say it :-X).  However, I think that, with so many people using it as an insult these days, the only way it'll ever stop is if it is naturally phased out over time.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010-05-25 15:30:44 »
Some of my friends tell my other friends gay as a joke which means happy. The word gay is used as a compliment, Wow!!

fear

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010-05-25 16:47:39 »
>.>  ... <.< 

*throws fuel on fire*

http://www.youtube.com/v/9theobo5XeM

*walks away*

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010-05-25 17:00:50 »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010-05-25 18:54:16 »
Can't stand the amercian prick he looks about 12 and Im damn sure judging from his voice hes not even hit pubity yet! I heard him on Radio one the other day so full of himself.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010-05-25 19:53:11 »
everyone take the last line of the last post from the seer and calm the hell down, seriousely, we've all got likes and dislikes (by the way, using the free speech arguement won't work to well, as free speech is different in different countries)

lets all just agree that he's weird, and get back to what we all should love doing.... LISTENING TO DISTURBED :P

Asylum's out in august by the way

I know, I'm getting excited.

what song announced so far do you wanna hear the most?

The Sickness. Oh wait, er, new album?

there new album, Asylum, releases this august, i personally want to hear serpentine the most

Disturbed sucks.

ok, now im absolutely sure you got a beef with me

Not really I just don't like them. I personally think they suck. It's an opinion.

Disturbed sucks.

Ehh maybe. Not sure.

He was calling Justin Beiber gay, but I said Disturbed sucks. One is a false statement (or slander?) while the other is an opinion.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-25 19:56:26 by DarkFang »

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #68 on: 2010-05-25 20:27:39 »
everyone take the last line of the last post from the seer and calm the hell down, seriousely, we've all got likes and dislikes (by the way, using the free speech arguement won't work to well, as free speech is different in different countries)

lets all just agree that he's weird, and get back to what we all should love doing.... LISTENING TO DISTURBED :P

Asylum's out in august by the way

I know, I'm getting excited.

what song announced so far do you wanna hear the most?

The Sickness. Oh wait, er, new album?

there new album, Asylum, releases this august, i personally want to hear serpentine the most

Disturbed sucks.

ok, now im absolutely sure you got a beef with me

Not really I just don't like them. I personally think they suck. It's an opinion.

Disturbed sucks.

Ehh maybe. Not sure.

He was calling Justin Beiber gay, but I said Disturbed sucks. One is a false statement (or slander?) while the other is an opinion.

"Disturbed sucks" is not an opinion; it's stated as fact. "I think Disturbed sucks" or "In my opinion (or IMHO) Disturbed sucks" is an acceptable opinion.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010-05-25 20:42:32 »
Well I meant it to be an opinion. However, the thread title states "Justin Beiber is Gay" which is saying that this is a proven fact, which it is not.

Let me fix this... I THINK Disturbed sucks.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #70 on: 2010-05-25 22:14:53 »
Oh, I agree. The thread title is also wrong. I'm not picking sides here. But now I must ask, what is it that you thing Disturbed sucks? (Notice I said what; not why)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010-05-26 02:28:11 »
<-----lost faith in humanity

fear

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010-05-26 03:27:41 »
*listens to Disturbed - The night*... you think they suck.. i think their better then most of the crap out nowadays ;P

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010-05-26 04:59:51 »
I think justin beiber AND disturbed suck lol.( I did like disturbed a LOT when I was like....16 lol)

All I hear is disturbed and justin beiber, how about ronnie james dio!

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010-05-26 08:07:25 »
Ronnie James Dio?? Who is that??