Author Topic: Animation mod uncompatible with Kaldarasha npc models?????  (Read 2401 times)

KohryuZX

• View Profile
For some reason when i activate the Kaldarasha version of the npc mod Cloud stops using the breathing animation from the animation mod.
Am i the only one with that issue?

Edit - Animation is on top the mod list.

Edit Edit - after extensive trial and error i can 100% confirm using any of Kaldarasha npc models somehow breaks the animation mod from working on main characters and i have no idea why or how.
Even using an entirely different base and using Kaldarasha only on Wedge somehow breaks the animation from working on Cloud and the rest of Avalanche too.

Edit Edit Edit - I write this here in case anyone else searches for this same issue, if you want the animation mod to work correctly on Cloud then don't use the Kaldarasha NPCs, not even on any of the Avalanche members, which is a shame cause I find those the more visually appealing NPC of the lot.
Weirdly enough though, using the Kaldarasha field models for Cloud and the other party members doesn't break the animation mod, this is literally something that only happens by picking Kaldarasha NPC models in the NPC models pack of 7th Heaven, hopefully it will be fixed with the 3.0 update.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-11 22:38:54 by KohryuZX »

KohryuZX

• View Profile
I went and tried installing Kaldarasha's latest version of his Character Overhaul mod (Chaos) in place of the catalog's own npc mod and it worked perfectly without breaking the animation on Cloud on top of having that one amazing feature that resizes all of the models so that they dont look out of place anymore in the fields.

Though some other features i dont know what they do, like Cloud's "Prepare to fight" option.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Thank you for bringing this up. The animations used in the Catalog are from an older update that Kaldarasha did to Bloodshot's original animation mod: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13368.msg205333#msg205333

The animations from the CHaOS thread will be added into the Catalog 3.0 release, which will show breathing animations among many of the field models.

I don't understand the "Prepare for fight" option either, so I'll need to dig into the mod.xml to see what files it's enabling.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-15 04:09:57 by EQ2Alyza »

iDerek759

• View Profile
I don't understand the "Prepare for fight" option either, so I'll need to dig into the mod.xml to see what files it's enabling.

The "prepare for fights..." option makes Cloud's sword visually dynamic by what's currently happening in the story. During the Bombing Mission he'll have it visually equipped of course. However whenever you're revisiting a town or area that's non-hostile, he won't visually have it equipped.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Interesting. Not sure what I think about that feature yet. First thing that comes to mind is when switching from a hostile to non-hostile scene, and vice versa, then where does the weapon come from? Cloud has baggy pants, but...