Author Topic: Final Fantasy: What Went Wrong  (Read 5257 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Last Edit: 2013-03-18 19:48:46 by LeonhartGR »

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-19 00:26:07 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:55:18 by Jenova's Witness »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy: What Went Wrong
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-19 01:03:59 »
The first video... he doesn't know how to use language good enough though some of his points are correct.  As for ff7 being overrated... nonsense.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-19 09:01:14 »
Haha... I know... major troll :D I had to post that though since it's funny :)

First video needs an update with the latest Square sh*tload...

The simdate was an excellent idea imo! Both funny and original!
« Last Edit: 2013-03-19 09:03:09 by LeonhartGR »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-19 10:01:57 »
Hmmm... The 1st vid was ok at best, considering his weak progression which eventually lead to some more weak arguments. He is entitled to his opinion, but he started the by saying you should have an argument for your opinion. hm?
He should have elaborated more on why adding dimension to a turn based battle system doesn't add much/make it better, and, in fact, makes it worse. I don't agree with him btw, especially since he ignores how active time effects a turn based system.

The 2nd was hilarious.

The 3rd was quite funny too, but I don't agree with him on FF7 being overrated.
I share his dislike for fanboys though. His method of ridiculing those he disagree with, even if funny, I do not approve however. This method can make anything sound like sh*t, and is not a very impressive way of convincing.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-03-19 16:59:09 »
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/resident-evil-6/user-reviews

I see Resident Evil continues its slide down the rankings, and carries on the modern tradition of turning games into dumbed down shooters.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #6 on: 2013-03-19 22:09:43 »
Low quality gaming has begun to overtake every new gen game nowadays... I'm glad Tomb Raider got away with it and I wish nvidia release a new driver soon to enjoy those fabulous graphics along with the amazing storyline and gameplay!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-03-19 22:25:27 »
It's affecting everything... music, movies and games.  But people get buying it... little wonder each release gets worse.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-03-19 23:57:13 »
FF7 isn't so overrated anymore. Between the people who used to claim it was the best game ever having mostly shut up, and people who swing too far in the other direction and claim it's the worst game ever... it's just about reached a point where the average opinion seems to be pretty fair for the game itself.

FF6, on the other hand, is overrated as hell, mostly by Kefka fanboys who are "too cool" for FF7 (or decently written villains, apparently).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-03-20 00:15:46 »
The first thing I was told about VI before I played it was that the story was amazing and the greatest.  I suspected this was false because it just didn't seem likely to me that a SNES game would even include enough cut scenes and text.  And I was right.  The story is very basic, mostly over rated, and in no way as detailed or as involving as VII.  I still see the myth of VI being made out to be this super novel.  The gameplay of VI was decent, and I am sure when VI came out both its story and gameplay were way ahead of the times.  VII simply did everything better.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-03-20 01:18:33 »
The first thing I was told about VI before I played it was that the story was amazing and the greatest.  I suspected this was false because it just didn't seem likely to me that a SNES game would even include enough cut scenes and text.  And I was right.  The story is very basic, mostly over rated, and in no way as detailed or as involving as VII.  I still see the myth of VI being made out to be this super novel.  The gameplay of VI was decent, and I am sure when VI came out both its story and gameplay were way ahead of the times.  VII simply did everything better.
I wouldn't say everything. VI was better balanced. From a purely combat perspective, it got a lot right that VII didn't.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: 2013-03-20 21:01:00 »
Nah, 6 isn't overrated. If you ignore all obvious fanboys and haters I think most people agree 6 is a great game. Just ignore the fanboy war on 6 vs 7. It's utterly pointless if you ask me.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-03-20 21:06:46 »
The music still holds its own too. Shame VI wasn't made for the Playstation, I am guaranteeing the overall product would have been better.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 2013-03-20 23:19:16 »
A game is good when it can have one of your favorite video game songs of all time, and yet you have never played it through before. Yepppp, that's me  8)

Terra's Theme btw
« Last Edit: 2013-03-20 23:23:01 by EQ2Alyza »