Author Topic: UNRESOLVED: No Menu Sounds  (Read 10748 times)

boxcarcadavers

• View Profile
UNRESOLVED: No Menu Sounds
« on: 2011-05-01 09:19:31 »
Playing ff7 pc with aali's driver, latest version and a couple other mods (ficedula's + mp3s as well). yet theres no menu sounds or confirmation sounds when i select anything. kind of a superficial problem, but it's a little annoying. Also, my eidos and sqauresoft screens don't play - when i get to the game menu it informs me that "200 frames were skipped". game runs smoothly, haven't had  a single gameplay glitch but i kind of want menu sounds etc... please help! :) :)
« Last Edit: 2011-05-29 17:38:18 by Bosola »

uggabugg

• View Profile
    • uggabuggs art
Re: No Menu Sounds
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-01 19:47:51 »
i have a similar problem. i have no menu or attack sounds, and i cant seem to activate them either.

im on windows 7 64. im new to ff7 pc so i have no idea what to do. i think this is the error message related to it, but i really have no idea

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.10b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 7950 GT/PCI/SSE2 2.1.2
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 4096x4096
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x800, output resolution 1280x800, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 32, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
MULTIMEDIA ERROR: The requested operation cannot be performed. in FILE C:\lib\src\sound\acm.cpp LINE 106
MULTIMEDIA ERROR: The requested operation cannot be performed. in FILE C:\lib\src\sound\acm.cpp LINE 106
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\movies\eidoslogo.avi; truemotion2/pcm_u8 320x240, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.133333, frames: 152
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
100% of 127 = 127
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
MIDI stop - OK
resetting MIDI driver volume - OK
UNINITIALIZE DD
« Last Edit: 2011-05-01 22:07:42 by uggabugg »

boxcarcadavers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-01 22:04:48 »
My problem is exactly the same - we're pretty much running the same system too. I'm new to modding ff7PC as of a few months ago but this is only problem I haven't been able to iron out myself. I managed to find individual sounds from some other FF game that claim to exactly the same but I have no idea where to put them or anything - or if a fix like that would even be possible. hope someone is down to try and figure it out   :-\

uggabugg

• View Profile
    • uggabuggs art
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-01 22:06:47 »
hope someone knows how to fix this. it bugs the hell out of me not to hear those sounds :p

im pretty sure this is a win 64 fault though. i keep bumping into reports of win 7 64 not having proper midi support. and i cant find any good drivers to fix it either
« Last Edit: 2011-05-01 22:10:09 by uggabugg »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-01 23:53:51 »
I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and everything works perfectly.

Have you installed a fresh install of Final Fantasy VII selecting the Maximum Installation option? Have you successfully installed the most recent version of Aali's driver? Have you configured the FF7_opengl file properly? Have you installed Avalanche's GUI v2.0.8 and Avalanche's Beta 9? Have you tried using FF7music? Do any of you have the Ultima Edition?

If you tried those and fail, then I suggest reinstalling a clean install of Final Fantasy VII and using the Remix Patcher v2.5.1. Then updating the drivers and Avalanche releases to the most recent. A step-by-step tutorial on how to do this can be found here.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 00:15:39 by DarkFang »

uggabugg

• View Profile
    • uggabuggs art
« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-02 00:03:24 »
i have a fresh clean install of regular(max install) non ultima edition. i have the newest Aali driver, but i have not tried the avalance mods yet. ive spent most of the day downloading and learning about modding the game. information is not found easily it seems.

i think i have configured it right, seeing as i have tried every soundconfiguration there was. i might be missing something thought.

does ff7music replace all the sounds? i thought it just replaced the music, not the sfx?
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 00:07:44 by uggabugg »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-05-02 00:13:47 »
I'm pretty sure it's just the music.

Go into your Final Fantasy VII directory. Open up FF7Config.exe. Click on the Graphics tab. Under Renderer, select the Custom Driver option. A pop-up should appear saying that the self test has passed. Click ok. Add the registry value.

I'm not sure if you've done that before.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 00:16:14 by DarkFang »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-05-02 00:16:46 »
1) Re-Install (FULL install)
2) Try it without any patches first
3) Unless you're a complete n00b, don't use FF7 Remix
4) Install the patches in this order (skip if you don't want to)
- Aali's driver 0.7.9b (the least glitched with 0.7.6b and 0.7.3b)
- FF7Music
- Avalanche's mods
5) Test
6) Make sure you don't have Ultima Edition (post a screen of your FF7 folder if you're not sure)
7) Enjoy

Don't thank me. Vgr
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 04:00:09 by Obesebear »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-05-02 00:24:51 »
I wouldn't say the Remix Patcher is for noobs. It takes the hassle out of retrieving all the mods, extracting LGPs, and installing them.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-05-02 00:26:28 »
It DOESN'T extract LGPs, it already has the complete ones and so might not be allowed since this is against the rules...

/2 cents

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-05-02 00:36:38 »
Oh. I thought it did. Someone really needs to redo the rules on this kind of stuff. It's not very clear what can be and what cannot be on these forums.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 00:59:01 by DarkFang »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-05-02 00:51:03 »
Yeah, obviously. I knew that since I put FF7 Remix in another directory... It should be allowed I believe, as long as it is FF7 content-only

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-05-02 01:05:31 »
There's another problem with the Remix Patcher. It contains the APZ Cloud model. This model was taken down for having some parts ripped from other games, correct? Therefore, shouldn't the patcher also be taken down?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-05-02 01:10:24 »
Well... If you guys mind, and if I have the time, I would make a completely-able-to-be-distributed mod that will ensure easy way of changing mods. I use batch files. Easy and quick way. Nothing can go wrong and you need the files. Making an installer takes a few minutes and you still need the game and all the contents, downloaded separatly. Would it be a good idea?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-05-02 04:01:03 »
Well... If you guys mind, and if I have the time, I would make a completely-able-to-be-distributed mod that will ensure easy way of changing mods. I use batch files. Easy and quick way. Nothing can go wrong and you need the files. Making an installer takes a few minutes and you still need the game and all the contents, downloaded separatly. Would it be a good idea?
yes

boxcarcadavers

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-05-02 13:15:31 »
OK!

So I tool vgr's step by step instructions and reinstalled the game/my mods - have them all from past individual downloads (thanks for the link to that pack with all of em though). Everything works perfectly. I checked it each time too to try and pinpoint which mod was messing it up but nothing ever really went wrong. The only difference is that I didn't install the npc reconstruction patch which I've got however Im pretty sure if I were to install it nothing would go wrong - it didn't cause me trouble last time.

Thanks all guys! Clean install did the trick.

uggabugg

• View Profile
    • uggabuggs art
« Reply #16 on: 2011-05-02 20:08:37 »
i have this problem from the start. even before i install Aalis driver, and reinstalling did not help.  fortunatly i get my new rig today, hopefully ff7 will work on it :)
« Last Edit: 2011-05-03 12:49:46 by uggabugg »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-05-02 23:11:02 »
box > I was sure this was the problem :) Glad to help

obese > Will start working on this from now on :)

uggabugg

• View Profile
    • uggabuggs art
« Reply #18 on: 2011-05-03 18:58:14 »
well it seems i have solved the problem, all i had to do was buy a new pc :p

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #19 on: 2011-05-03 19:03:15 »

i can't remember, were the specks on your last one bad? (i'm all software, i don't know to much on hardware)

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011-05-03 21:20:58 »

You must have had an extremely bad and outdated computer.

uggabugg

• View Profile
    • uggabuggs art
« Reply #21 on: 2011-05-04 05:20:56 »
sure it was somewhat old(4 years) but it wasent that utdated :-P

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 2011-05-29 17:33:23 »
OP has solved his issue, Uggabug is in no position to test further solutions.

I will mark this as solved but not close it - evidently, the solution does not always work.