Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 391053 times)

OatBran

• moop all day skeent all night
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #400 on: 2020-05-29 14:23:10 »
7th heaven 1.54 can do it... why 2.0 can't?

I don't know? What have you tried to get it to work that hasn't?

ExDuelist

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2020-05-29 14:50:59 »
I don't know? What have you tried to get it to work that hasn't?

Problem is that i can select no shaders except for those listed by default.
Also, 2.0 doesn't allow me to set a rendering resolution higher than my monitor one, 1.54 allowed that too.
Also, i don't understand why 2.0 needs to overwrite ff7.exe restoring it to default version for each game launch.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-29 14:53:27 by ExDuelist »

OatBran

• View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #402 on: 2020-05-29 15:04:15 »
Also, 2.0 doesn't allow me to set a rendering resolution higher than my monitor one, 1.54 allowed that too.
Also, i don't understand why 2.0 needs to overwrite ff7.exe restoring it to default version for each game launch.

all of those issues can be fixed with manual intervention it seems like to me anyway. The reason why it doesnt allow that by default im not really sure of. unabomb might change that in the future or who knows

skyescheschuk

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2020-05-29 18:22:17 »
that link you tried to post is a local file specific to your computer only. you have to actually upload the image somewhere and link to it or attach it directly to your post (but you probably cant attach files directly with your post count)

I likely cant know exactly what your  issue is from that anyway better to post information from the applog than to show a screenshot of the game for crashing issues.

I know FFNx adds its own shaders, but I dont know if there is a way to add your own custom ones and have the game use them automatically.

Okay I couldn't find anything unusual/any problems in the applog, but here is the picture of what happened: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCISga0t8g1pZ80UsZugTitA. I tried everything I could, disabling mods, changing driver and launcher settings, clearing the texture cache, but nothing seemed to work.

OatBran

• View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #404 on: 2020-05-29 23:12:58 »
Okay I couldn't find anything unusual/any problems in the applog, but here is the picture of what happened: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCISga0t8g1pZ80UsZugTitA. I tried everything I could, disabling mods, changing driver and launcher settings, clearing the texture cache, but nothing seemed to work.

If it is happening with no mods enabled, and is not showing an error in the log then the only cause I can think of is that your game installation is somehow corrupted, or is an unsupported version of the game. if this is the english 2013 steam version, verify the integrity of the game cache and reinstall 7h and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, then I have no idea, sorry.

skyescheschuk

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2020-05-30 01:02:53 »
If it is happening with no mods enabled, and is not showing an error in the log then the only cause I can think of is that your game installation is somehow corrupted, or is an unsupported version of the game. if this is the english 2013 steam version, verify the integrity of the game cache and reinstall 7h and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, then I have no idea, sorry.

Welp, tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, and reinstalled 7h and.... Same problem. I guess I'll have to do it the old way, which still sometimes doesn't work. (sigh)

OatBran

• View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #406 on: 2020-05-30 01:09:23 »
Welp, tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, and reinstalled 7h and.... Same problem. I guess I'll have to do it the old way, which still sometimes doesn't work. (sigh)

I havent come across an issue that we couldnt solve, or at least find the exact cause of in my time here, so this is definitely a very rare issue that you are having. It must be unique to your system configuration if the game is verified to be correct as well as 7h. Maybe your graphics card or your drivers are messed up somehow? Something might be wrong with your actual windows installation or configuration? Registry corruption? Permission read/write/execute issues? Compatibility settings? I heard before that DEP (data execution prevention) can cause the game to crash but I thought it required non-default settings for that to be an issue. I am mostly at a loss here for your case and I am sorry about that.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-30 01:11:17 by OatBran »

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2020-05-30 18:40:41 »
So after a week of troubleshooting, I am coming to the forums for some assistance;

Re: Controller Support.

I found a thread on Steam which articulates the same issue I have been having:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/1868371178631060800/

For some reason, 7th Heaven 2.0 isn't assigning the controller config from either the Steam Desktop config or the game shortcut config, or really any third party config like DS4Windows. It assigns its own keys to the buttons. On a DualShock4, if you play in "1998 original" controller config, the game runs fine with it, but the directional keys don't work, and it's impossible to assign them to anything in game. The Steam controller is worse because A is always set to "escape" but Y is unbindable. Not matter what you configure it to through Steam, it's always going to be set the same in 7th Heaven. I have no idea where I could go in a fix this, nor do I know of any place to ask the 7th Heaven team.

What I have attempted: Running 7th Heaven / FF7.exe as a GloSC non-Steam game application, joy2pad remapping, and Running Steam and 7th Heaven as admin. In every case, the mappings on the steam controller are bound to specific keyboard keys and cannot be altered either in the steam overlay or another application. I have not tried DS4windows as I believe that application is for DualShock 4, which I don't have.

Previous versions (1.54 and 1.56) worked with a steam overlay and allowed for remapping in big picture mode. I have had some success with xinput bluetooth gaming controllers, but the one have has it's own issues.

Looking for any and all suggestions to allow a steam or other controller to be recognized as the right input device so that I can play FF7 with 7thHeaven 2.0 launcher.

trolol

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2020-05-31 01:49:48 »
Looking for any and all suggestions to allow a steam or other controller to be recognized as the right input device so that I can play FF7 with 7thHeaven 2.0 launcher.

This sounds quite familiar to me using a standard xbox controller, especially the issue with the dpad. Following this thread https://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/1842440600601149504/ I installed xinputplus and configured it once. That steam thread points to how the dpad can be configured, which works fine for me now.

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2020-05-31 20:02:32 »
This sounds quite familiar to me using a standard xbox controller, especially the issue with the dpad. Following this thread https://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/1842440600601149504/ I installed xinputplus and configured it once. That steam thread points to how the dpad can be configured, which works fine for me now.

Okay, tutorial followed, and while it did update a few of the controls, the settings do not seem to correspond to an 8bitdo, steam, or nvidia gaming controller. My guess is that an xbox one controller is required to use this setup. Which gives me a shopping list, but not an immediate solution.

Thanks for help, are there any other folks who have successfully used a steam controller or 8bitdo on 7th heaven 2.0?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-31 20:35:27 by karenjr95 »

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2020-05-31 22:22:31 »
So in trying to investigate a bit further; My steam controller only has inputs recognized by the game as Return, Enter, F9, F7, and the up, down, left, right keys.

Conversely, my 8bitdo controller, even plugged in via USB is recognized without a mapping for switch, menu, pageup, pagedown, and start/select (I think that is Home and End).

Using a remapper like Antimicro did nothing to change the behavior of these mappings, nor did changing the launcher presets; 1998, STD gamepad, steam original, all behaved exactly this way.

The WEIRDEST thing is that initial load of 7th heaven 2.0 about two months ago worked with overlay issues on only the launcher, and now, the application seems to break it's connection to steam on load, forcing a pop-up from UAC at start. That may be my machine and not the application, however. Will try changing administration permissions and try to get the mappings to apply this way.

ANYWAY, my guess is that the launcher thinks that these controllers are something other than controllers and is enforcing mappings on load that would work like another device.

Super weirdness.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-01 13:01:54 by karenjr95 »

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2020-06-01 18:05:27 »
So in trying to investigate a bit further; My steam controller only has inputs recognized by the game as Return, Enter, F9, F7, and the up, down, left, right keys.

Conversely, my 8bitdo controller, even plugged in via USB is recognized without a mapping for switch, menu, pageup, pagedown, and start/select (I think that is Home and End).

Using a remapper like Antimicro did nothing to change the behavior of these mappings, nor did changing the launcher presets; 1998, STD gamepad, steam original, all behaved exactly this way.

The WEIRDEST thing is that initial load of 7th heaven 2.0 about two months ago worked with overlay issues on only the launcher, and now, the application seems to break it's connection to steam on load, forcing a pop-up from UAC at start. That may be my machine and not the application, however. Will try changing administration permissions and try to get the mappings to apply this way.

ANYWAY, my guess is that the launcher thinks that these controllers are something other than controllers and is enforcing mappings on load that would work like another device.

Super weirdness.

Okay, RESULT! Today I followed this tutorial: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/use-task-scheduler-launch-programs-without-uac-prompts

Turns out Steam was running with insufficient privileges to be able to promote the controller settings to 7thHeaven.

AND it turns out that if you run 7thHeaven 2.0 at max privileges, you can control it with a steam controller. Now all I have to do is create a shortcut of 7thheaven with max privileges, save it as a non-steam shortcut, and boom, everything should work as expected.

Stupid UAC permission thresholds must have changed in the past month, allowing fewer programs to make changes as before. I am on Windows 10 btw.

Hopefully this helps someone else!

pauliechumpus

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2020-06-08 06:31:33 »
Hey this works fine but installing a mod, any mod, will cause the game to stutter every 10 seconds while I play it which is very frustrating. What could it be that causes that? This also happens if I use the reunion mod, but disabling it or playing from vanilla the game is stutter free. My computer should definitely be able to handle any performance downgrade.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #413 on: 2020-06-11 22:06:28 »
I like this idea, here is the feature request--> 7thHeaven could have an auto-run shortcut that opens the launcher and immediately acts as if the user has hit 'play'. This could have wide utility for people who don't want to confirm their profile or make alterations but just get into the game!
7H 2.0 can already do that. It supports command line switches like /profile: /launch /mini and /quit. Read the 7H help documentation by clicking the Help button in the menu. You'll find it in the "Shell Integration" section.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #414 on: 2020-06-11 22:14:23 »

You CAN add custom shaders. Simply add them to your shaders folder, then you can manually edit your 7H_GameDriver.cfg file to point to that shader. If you want to add it to the UI, you can edit your 7H_GameDriver_UI.xml file. Same response for your rendering resolution issue.

FF7.exe must always be the one supplied by 7H for best compatibility and stability. You can use an alternate EXE by calling it something else like MyCustom_FF7.exe and selecting it under Settings>General Settings>FF7 EXE.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2020-06-12 02:46:37 »
FF7.exe must always be the one supplied by 7H for best compatibility and stability. You can use an alternate EXE by calling it something else like MyCustom_FF7.exe and selecting it under Settings>General Settings>FF7 EXE.
Just know that if you use a custom exe, that mods which depend on hext (like ESUI) are likely to break in strange and unpredictable ways.

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2020-06-13 13:37:45 »
7H 2.0 can already do that. It supports command line switches like /profile: /launch /mini and /quit. Read the 7H help documentation by clicking the Help button in the menu. You'll find it in the "Shell Integration" section.

Okay, I'll look into it, thanks!!!!

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2020-06-13 13:47:28 »
Okay, I'll look into it, thanks!!!!

Wow, super simple. In steam, you set the launch options to:

"7th Heaven.exe" /MINI /PROFILE:[name of profile] /LAUNCH /QUIT

Just as the documentation says, opens up from the overlay and starts without having to navigate in the launcher. Friggen incredible.

soldier3rdclass

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.0)
« Reply #418 on: 2020-06-26 03:41:14 »
I'm working on a mod with some friends. We're almost done but have a problem. When we click auto sort the mod copies itself in the list. We looked at the creating mods help to make sure we're doing it right but can't see what we're doing wrong.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #419 on: 2020-06-26 22:06:47 »
Are you using <OrderConstraints>? If so, that is a known bug in 2.0, unfortunately. It is fixed in the next release, due out very soon.

UtterNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2020-06-28 07:52:29 »
Hiya, brand new to the pc thing.
Five hours into ff7 on steam and found out about this.
Downloaded and booted it up, sans saves though.

Where are my steam saves?
Where do I copy them to once I find them?

I thought I found it and tried copying it into 7th heaven but still nowt. I gave up yesterday evening. But have now joined the group, to hopefully find out what it is 🤞🏾🤞🏾

My username is an accurate description....

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site

UtterNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2020-06-29 06:17:11 »
Still nothing dude.

I hate this game now. Stupid buster sword and that faded continue? Just mocking me.

I’m either not explaining it correctly or not doing something right.

I have copied c:/User save into common/final fantasy still nowt.

I wish I never knew about this. I watched both of the tutorials and nothing goes over this.

The save is save00.ff7?

Does cloud saving have to be off?

Is it even worth it at this stage?

Ignorance was bliss 😭

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #423 on: 2020-06-29 07:41:57 »
Yes, cloud saves need to be off so they're stored locally. I don't recall where (if?) the local cloud saves are stored if you have them on. Yes, the save files are named savexx.ff7 where xx + 1 is the slot number of the save. The saves do NOT go under common/final fantasy vii they go under (in your case) /common/final fantasy vii/SAVE/. If there's no "save" subfolder, create it.

And quit whining. :P This isn't as difficult as you're making it.

UtterNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2020-06-29 12:01:33 »
Ok, and if I have done that and it still doesn’t work acknowledge them?

I made the folder called save in final fantasy, in common.

7th still doesn’t acknowledge them...