Author Topic: The game will not start up (possible Win 10 update problem)  (Read 1984 times)

PetrucciJohn

• View Profile
I am not sure if it's because of the latest Win 10 Update, but I don't remember having changed anything on my computer since last August (2017) when I was running the game perfectly.

I am not getting any error messages or anything but when I tried to launch the game today, it didn't even go to the Eidos logo. I barely got the initial black screen, then it simply crashed without any messages and brought me back to 7th Heaven's "Active Mods" list.

Any ideas as to why is this happening?

iDerek759

• View Profile
Try running the Game Converter again and choosing the overwrite option.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
Derek has the right solution. When your pc restarts or updates sometimes it causes your audio to be set to "default" instead of what ever you have it set to. The game will crash if the audio isnt proper so you have to rerun the converter to set your audio device again. This wont affect any of your mods or 7th heaven or your saves. The only thing to take note of is if you are using a custom ff7.exe like segachiefs NT exe the converter will overwrite that if its in the main directory and youll have to put a new version in.

Topken

• View Profile
I have a similar issue if I try and use either BC or MO exe's base exe works perfectly fine for me on my laptop but it prevents me from using either Becuase of Menu Overhaul which is just annoying. So yeah orunning the converter again may NOT fix the issue and if you use either or both try disabling them and seeing if the base exe boots for you with the rest of the mods you use.