Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007793 times)

Galm

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05b)
« Reply #3025 on: 2016-09-29 13:36:02 »
The Fort Condor minigame models being corrupted with Steam version is likely some sort of issue with their version of Aali's Custom Driver.  I doubt it can be fixed - so I'll remove Fort Condor models with R06 when using Steam version.  I may remove the mod altogether from Fort Condor since it was never completed.

Shame - I happen to like the minigame. Is there something manual I can do to unmod it individually or is it too entwined with the other mods?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: 2016-09-29 14:52:13 »
Just copy condor.lgp from the backup folder to the minigame folder :)

You'll end up with the old control icons too, but it's a small price.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: 2016-09-30 05:49:26 »
Pretty sure changing config battle message speed would fix that?

Yeah, I figured out what was going on.  I usually set every option to fast, and it'd be fine and dandy, but your 60 FPS mod sped things up a bit more than usual...  I totally forgot about that option altogether.

Now for reports:
   During the executive meeting on floor 66, Hojo's model glitches up and down when he turns.
   Hojo glitches up and down again when they bring up Red to meet Aerith. (He floats up for a bit, then floats back down during the conversation between him and the team.  Happens several times actually...)

http://imgur.com/a/czBCi
A few images.  I added descriptions to each of them.  I'm not sure if you can fix them... so as always, just reporting to report.

Edit #1:
Here's a couple of images in regards to Hojo: http://imgur.com/a/P53hM
« Last Edit: 2016-09-30 05:57:33 by WatashiWaZero »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: 2016-09-30 05:58:32 »
Just copy condor.lgp from the backup folder to the minigame folder :)

You'll end up with the old control icons too, but it's a small price.

We can use uMod as an alternative way for it, but... no, people will only start with questions why it doesn't work and that's nothing for this thread.

Two questions: Does the Reunion install the remove mouth fix for the original models, for those who like the chibi style? And can the black bars be ported to the other modules as well? Cause I want to use a borderless window which is bigger than my monitor resolution which would eliminate the black bars.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: 2016-09-30 12:37:31 »
I didn't think the 1 was a problem.  I thought it was the font - but turns out I need to change the entry in window.bin.

The rest is grammatically sound.  On clipping... that's going to happen an awful lot and can't be fixed.  Kaldarasha may be able to move the sword further away, but generally those clipping type things are here to stay.  I'll check the hojo thing, but may just be how the engine is.  We'll see :)

On box positioning and text positioning - no need to report it.  It's either going to be fixed with R06 or left alone. A lot of it cannot be made any neater, and to make all 1000000 boxes neat simply isn't going to happen :P

@Kaldarasha: 

Two questions: Does the Reunion install the remove mouth fix for the original models, for those who like the chibi style?

No. I've left the original style intact for the original game. People that want the original style generally don't want any tinkering with it.  Best to leave the update for the proper model changes - unless there is an error.  The mouth thing looks a bit silly but it's intended, no?

And can the black bars be ported to the other modules as well?

With work it probably could - but definitely not as simple as just going in and changing a single value. Too much messing basically.

« Last Edit: 2016-09-30 12:56:11 by DLPB »

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: 2016-09-30 14:23:27 »
The Hojo bouncing up and down thing is actually simple to fix. It was caused by editing his root height in some of his animations while leaving the others untouched. The height is very easy to fix using the propagate frame option in Kimera.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: 2016-09-30 16:14:44 »
The mouth are messed up and you often see :o faces. On psx the mouthes are disabled and are not drawn, probably they hadn't had enough time to work it out as they had intended it and had canceled it instead.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: 2016-09-30 18:05:51 »
In that case, yeah, it needs fixing.  Any link to a complete fix?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: 2016-09-30 18:36:11 »
The Hojo bouncing up and down thing is actually simple to fix. It was caused by editing his root height in some of his animations while leaving the others untouched. The height is very easy to fix using the propagate frame option in Kimera.

Do you have a fix?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: 2016-09-30 18:46:13 »
In that case, yeah, it needs fixing.  Any link to a complete fix?

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14425.msg231293#msg231293

And here you see the problem in action:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong topic to post this in, but it seemed to be the most approperiate to my very specific issue.

I'm seeking help to remove a minor annoyance I have with the PC version of FF7... I really don't like the mouths they added to the avatars, is there any way at all to just remove the mouth textures? Really, it's just the open mouth O's that I don't like, it looks silly to me, and they didn't have them in the original game.

"Uuuuuh...." Sephiroth looks like he's very confused and/or eating an Oreo...
Why wouldn't they give Sephiroth the same mouth that Cloud has?

Anyhow, again, if there's a mod out there that removes the weird mouths, I'd love that. If not, someone please point me in the right direction to request such a mod. If there is not such a mod in existence, I would very much like to recruit a modder to help make such a mod for me, so if that's possible, I'd love to know the details to make that happen.

Hell, I'd be happy if it's just taking Sephiroth's O mouth off, no one else who has it particularly bothers me.

EDIT: I don't want to use the Chibi replacer either, I like the Chibis, I just don't want the open mouth O mouths is all, they're distracting to me.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: 2016-09-30 19:51:12 »
That was the thread where I made my very first mod; removing the :o mouths :3

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: 2016-09-30 20:01:25 »
Do you have the list of files outside of the exe?  That way I can just pop them into a folder.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: 2016-09-30 20:19:31 »
http://imgur.com/a/o9cjp

1st pic:
This one is confusing me a bit, but on the party reform screen, the bar says to select with the start button.  Are you saying to finalize your party selection or to actually make a selection to edit?  Because when you press start, you're confirming the final party selection.  Any clarification here would be great. ;D

2nd pic:
Would make sense to have Cloud disarmed when he's caught, no?  Thoughts on this?  Perhaps Kaldarasha can make a Cloud model without the sword.  That way, it can be used in multiple locations like in the flashback scene that I talked about; the one where he's laying on his bed.

3rd pic:
Mum is definitely NOT American English.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: 2016-09-30 20:27:45 »
1. It should really be "confirm with"  "select with" is the same meaning but too ambiguous. I'll change it.

2. Yeah.  And Kal has made one for such cases already. But here's the problem - how does he get his sword back in the cell?  It will have to be left as this is a writing error that can't be corrected.  They wouldn't let Barrett roam about with a gun-arm either. Or Tifa with a pair of attack gloves.  It's just a deliberate action on the writers part to ignore it.  I could give you 10000 others - like how does a shape shifting Jenova create a solid Sephiroth sword (the one that is left in Pres Shinra)? Or clothing? There are times you just have to ignore it as it was done to save messing about writing realistic scenarios that would impact on story or flow.

3. It should have been changed if you selected American English option.  Are you sure you did?
« Last Edit: 2016-09-30 20:31:58 by DLPB »

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: 2016-09-30 20:50:34 »
Do you have a fix?

I do, actually. Here is a neat package. Do take note that these are specifically adjusted animations for Kaldarasha's Hojo, so it might look silly if used with the chibi model. Anyway, these will fix the bouncy behavior in the conference room and lab cutscenes. It will also affect any other scene using these specific animations, but I haven't gone through all of them so there are likely to be more instances where Hojo will derp up.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: 2016-09-30 20:54:54 »
3. It should have been changed if you selected American English option.  Are you sure you did?

Yep, 100% made sure I checked that box.  Could you also double check on your end?  I'm 99% sure I'm not crazy...

http://imgur.com/a/peUNf
Is that a treasure box instead of a switch...?  Seems really similar to the gold treasure box model to me.
Also, in that same map, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I have a hard time getting the camera to pan down correctly when the platform goes down so I can see the exit at the bottom of the screen.

Rekhaizen

• View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: 2016-09-30 20:59:31 »
http://imgur.com/a/peUNf
Is that a treasure box instead of a switch...?  Seems really similar to the gold treasure box model to me.
The platform switch was depicted with that as well in the PS1 version.

mttiw

• View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: 2016-09-30 21:10:20 »
I should chime in that Sega Chief's "Mouth Removal" mod is what was causing the crash I reported earlier (Only when applied on top of Reunion, of course). However, I'd love to see an updated/compatible version, as I'm personally a fan of the original style.

In addition, I spotted another error. During the party's first trek through Mt. Corel, this text box pops up whenever Cloud stands on breakable bits of the train tracks:

The instructions shown are meant for the brief "mini-game" played after the scene, where the text is shown correctly. Save file here.

[I was also unable to even get a perfect score during the first mini-game in Junon, even through an hour of repeated attempts. Even if I were to get it "perfectly" on the first try, my rating only hit 49; while 50+ is required for the best prize.]
« Last Edit: 2016-09-30 21:27:18 by mttiw »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: 2016-09-30 21:34:13 »
[I was also unable to even get a perfect score during the first mini-game in Junon, even through an hour of repeated attempts. Even if I were to get it "perfectly" on the first try, my rating only hit 49; while 50+ is required for the best prize.]

Holy crap, I was just about to post this remark as well.  The mini-game is no longer fun (and I'm sure many players will share this sentiment if they're trying to get the top prize), and basically guarantees failure now.  I don't see a single soul on this planet getting it right the first time right off the bat.  In fact, I don't see anyone being able to get it right before their rating hits 0.  This mini-game is impossibly hard now.  The room for success is slim to nil.

As with mttiw, I also managed to get into marching position on the first try several times and immediately holding O.  The scores I got were 48, 47, 48, 49.  I can't imagine trying to run this mini-game over and over without using tools to speed up all of the exposition that takes place beforehand.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: 2016-09-30 23:55:53 »
And the original game had no such high score and allowed you to do as you pleased. It took me 10 minutes.  My advice: Get better :P  You'll certainly not get any sympathy from me :P  After 3 failures, it becomes easy. I didn't go for "fun" I went for "skill".  If you do it - great.  But no-one is forcing you to reset the game.  50 is possible but requires the best.  I've done it (I'll record myself doing it later). I don't believe in giving best prizes away.  They belong only to the very best.

On corel - seems I left it half done ;D

On the mouth removal thing: I need the exact files that were changed.

On American "Mom" - It's changed fine here. So something has gone wrong either with installation  (antivirus open etc) or you didn't change the option.

on the platform switch - it's a treasure chest in the PSX version too.  Nothing can be done about it short of someone making me a new switch model.

« Last Edit: 2016-10-01 01:56:53 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: 2016-10-01 00:14:13 »
it took me 4 attempts. And it wasn't even 100% spot on.  I want no more whinging. It's not meant to be easy or even attainable for most people. It's meant to be attainable only for the elite.

https://youtu.be/vpXEkNvHkwk

In fact, I wanted it harder than this.  I am half drunk!  Just back from the pub.  If anything, me doing it half pissed means I've made it too easy!
« Last Edit: 2016-10-01 01:06:17 by DLPB »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: 2016-10-01 02:16:17 »
And the original game had no such high score and allowed you to do as you pleased. It took me 10 minutes.  My advice: Get better :P  You'll certainly not get any sympathy from me :P  After 3 failures, it becomes easy. I didn't go for "fun" I went for "skill".  If you do it - great.  But no-one is forcing you to reset the game.  50 is possible but requires the best.  I've done it (I'll record myself doing it later). I don't believe in giving best prizes away.  They belong only to the very best.

On American "Mom" - It's changed fine here. So something has gone wrong either with installation  (antivirus open etc) or you didn't change the option.

on the platform switch - it's a treasure chest in the PSX version too.  Nothing can be done about it short of someone making me a new switch model.

No big deal on the mini-game thing.  That's what Black Chocobo is there for. ;D

As for the "mom" thing, I double checked everything on my end, and it seemed fine.  Nothing went wrong during the installation.  Also came across words that would be spelled differently if I were to choose UK English, but they were in American English (practice vs. practise).

Work smart, not hard.  That's always what MOM used to say. :P

Edit:
I was thinking about it, but maybe it has something to do with your hotfix?  Could it be possible that by applying the hotfix on top of the original installation that it could have overridden some settings?
« Last Edit: 2016-10-01 02:28:34 by WatashiWaZero »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: 2016-10-01 02:43:41 »
Ah... now that is possible.  In fact, that's what's happened. I'll add language option to the next hotfix.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: 2016-10-01 05:31:39 »
https://imgur.com/a/BTQEH

The NPC swimming seems corrupted..?

Cloud draws his sword on Hojo, but the sword isn't actually drawn.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: 2016-10-01 12:48:52 »
Yeah he needs to swap to his sword in hand version there if it's wrong.  I remember Hojo says "Are you going to draw your sword"  which means he doesn't.  I don't think there's anything wrong with the NPC?