Author Topic: [FF8:Remastered] BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3.1  (Read 96982 times)

Daigod

• View Profile
Re: [FF8:Remastered] BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3.1
« Reply #25 on: 2020-05-15 04:24:03 »

thanks for the mod, I was just waiting for it  to start my 32763237 playthrough, could upload to another website, such as google drive or fichier?

Griever99

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2020-05-15 14:20:55 »
I've been playing with your Backgrounds and it looks awesome! But i'm having heavy stutters and lags in certain battles. Worst so far were the beaches, labyrinth on CD1 and the 1.st Edea boss arena. Any ideas why? My PC should be strong enough to handle it.

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2020-05-15 15:48:12 »
Here another crash that I have, now inside Lunatic Pandora in disc 3, when you entered at the part of Ultima drawing point: https://imgur.com/7wMVC7d
Could be related with the Battlefields ? Its not when I entered in a battle and just stop when I disable all features of demaster. (Using 1.2.8 version)

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2020-05-15 17:34:24 »
thanks for this mod, did you also found a way to directly inject those modded textures in the game's archivie like the other mods for the zzz archive ?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-15 17:37:07 by rartart »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #29 on: 2020-05-15 18:03:57 »
Here another crash that I have, now inside Lunatic Pandora in disc 3, when you entered at the part of Ultima drawing point: https://imgur.com/7wMVC7d
Could be related with the Battlefields ? Its not when I entered in a battle and just stop when I disable all features of demaster. (Using 1.2.8 version)

This is a LunarCry texture. I have a feeling I know what the issue is - do you also use that mod?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #30 on: 2020-05-15 18:04:58 »
i double-posted -_-

thanks for this mod, did you also found a way to directly inject those modded textures in the game's archivie like the other mods for the zzz archive ?

No, due to this mod needing the DEMASTER tool. Maki created a way for these to be inserted - he's the real god here ;) but no zzz re-packing would work here due to them not being read by the engine by default.

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2020-05-15 18:18:19 »
This is a LunarCry texture. I have a feeling I know what the issue is - do you also use that mod?

Yep, I send you a comparison of a hexadragon in twitter yesterday.
Another one here: https://imgur.com/a/fH78BVV
This happen before ellone go to the escape pod in space.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #32 on: 2020-05-15 21:09:29 »
Yep, I send you a comparison of a hexadragon in twitter yesterday.
Another one here: https://imgur.com/a/fH78BVV
This happen before ellone go to the escape pod in space.

I think I might have a fix, but it's most likely going to take having the entire field.fs folder upscaled.
I'll be releasing that mod this week.

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2020-05-15 21:27:16 »
I think I might have a fix, but it's most likely going to take having the entire field.fs folder upscaled.
I'll be releasing that mod this week.

Do you want me to upload the save file for you to test ?

ednarg800

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2020-05-15 21:51:27 »
but Gigapixel work with Demaster?

TW_Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2020-05-16 01:43:02 »
Hello. So i did everything the same as stated in instructions, but now my game do not start. I'm playing JP version and all i'm getting now is "A program error has occured. error : 3889861889 : 361 you should use FF8_BUILD_JP for the japanese version". I checked all downloaded files and etc and i can't find this FF8_BUILD_JP anywhere. Thank you in advance for answer. 

benitobennet

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2020-05-16 17:43:41 »
I followed the instructions to the letter but I still have the old textures. does this mod work with cracked FF8 remastered or does it need the official steam version

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #37 on: 2020-05-16 19:28:44 »
Do you want me to upload the save file for you to test ?
Sure! That would be really helpful. Do you get any errors like this when you walk into Timber Maniacs?

but Gigapixel work with Demaster?
If you are asking if project angelwing gigapixel works with the remaster, then the answer is YES if you use the DEMASTER mod tool.  However, you have to reformat everything and do a bunch of renaming and bug fixes. I am currently working on doing this and working with Fated Courage to provide a release!

Hello. So i did everything the same as stated in instructions, but now my game do not start. I'm playing JP version and all i'm getting now is "A program error has occured. error : 3889861889 : 361 you should use FF8_BUILD_JP for the japanese version". I checked all downloaded files and etc and i can't find this FF8_BUILD_JP anywhere. Thank you in advance for answer. 

It doesn't work on the Japanese version yet. I really hope there will be a way to port it to Japanese in the near future. Can you use the English version?

I followed the instructions to the letter but I still have the old textures. does this mod work with cracked FF8 remastered or does it need the official steam version
I don't think it will work on a cracked version; it must be used on the latest release/patch of FF8: Remastered.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2020-05-16 19:38:31 »
i double-posted -_-

No, due to this mod needing the DEMASTER tool. Maki created a way for these to be inserted - he's the real god here ;) but no zzz re-packing would work here due to them not being read by the engine by default.

i see, but then were exactly are stored those images in the game? wherever they are it is only a matter of discover them and do the subtitution , because i don't like at all the solution of the temporary applied textures , one of the reasons why i like this remaster infact is because of the possibility of directly inject the modification without any temporary kind of modding

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2020-05-16 21:57:23 »
Sure! That would be really helpful. Do you get any errors like this when you walk into Timber Maniacs?

I walk into timber maniacs now and just got a bug in Irvine texture. The same bug of Ward and Edea texture that relate in the demaster topic.
Here are the saves at the point that crashes: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bd_B9jh-iUOYRdc4t0WISZZvLh04lxtC
One in Lunatic Pandora and another in the escape pod.

TW_Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2020-05-16 23:42:57 »
It doesn't work on the Japanese version yet. I really hope there will be a way to port it to Japanese in the near future. Can you use the English version?

Before mod i could do it from game launcher, but now launcher not strating, so i can't switch back to English. Probably i have to reinstall whole game. But thank you for your answer.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #41 on: 2020-05-17 02:59:59 »
i see, but then were exactly are stored those images in the game? wherever they are it is only a matter of discover them and do the subtitution , because i don't like at all the solution of the temporary applied textures , one of the reasons why i like this remaster infact is because of the possibility of directly inject the modification without any temporary kind of modding

Well then you are going to be sadly disappointed because the Remaster basically made their own internal tonberry, which is how most of their own texture injection is done. They are files that exist within the battle dat files. There is a possibility that something like FFnX could do it in the future, but right now, the modding Maki created for injecting the backgrounds is the same 'modding' dotemu did to inject their textures, thus their 768x768 texture size limit.

Before mod i could do it from game launcher, but now launcher not strating, so i can't switch back to English. Probably i have to reinstall whole game. But thank you for your answer.

You can delete your FF8_Launcher.exe and then verify your game files instead of reinstalling the whole thing.

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2020-05-17 04:45:57 »
Here another two:
now with the Squall group at the end of disc 3.
One in the same place, before go to the Ultima drawn point: https://imgur.com/a/mDmJTId
And this in the screen of save point, before facing Mobile type 8: https://imgur.com/a/wxDOzHh
« Last Edit: 2020-05-17 05:55:53 by ljbsvg »

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2020-05-17 05:53:58 »
Here another two:
now with the Squall group at the end of disc 3.
One in the same place, before go to the Ultima drawn point: https://imgur.com/a/mDmJTId
And this in the screen of save point, before facing Mobile type 8: https://imgur.com/a/wxDOzHh

Save file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1As7O5DJl3-f7B1tY7M2v2SwjCzeWkDce
« Last Edit: 2020-05-17 05:56:09 by ljbsvg »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2020-05-18 02:40:56 »

so it will be possible to directly inject the modded textures instead of temporary make the game load them , i will wait and looking foward to it , final fantasy 9 is a good remaster , final fantasy 8 instead is just treated like trash by the developers themselves so i won't use any temporary way to apply the modded textures , i will just wait :D

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #45 on: 2020-05-18 21:15:44 »
@ljbsvg - can you do me a favor and revert your field_hd folder back to it's original textures and see if these problems persist?

NEW BUG located -- textures named incorrectly for a0stg069 -- textures _19 and _20 should be _20 and _21 respectively.
You can rename for a fix -- I will release an updated patch later today.

ljbsvg

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2020-05-18 23:45:09 »
@ljbsvg - can you do me a favor and revert your field_hd folder back to it's original textures and see if these problems persist?

NEW BUG located -- textures named incorrectly for a0stg069 -- textures _19 and _20 should be _20 and _21 respectively.
You can rename for a fix -- I will release an updated patch later today.

In what save ? The last one ?
EDIT: If was the last save that I upload, I restore the hd_folder to the original and works fine, with no crash in both situations.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-19 00:50:12 by ljbsvg »

cyanfire

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2020-05-19 12:02:37 »
Finally got my butt registered here, fantastic work mcindus! Thankyou very much, finally getting closer to being able to play this game again

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2020-05-22 23:36:24 »
so in short were the game store those images ? :O

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2020-07-03 19:35:41 »
Holy cow this looks good