Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4902606 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.11)
« Reply #10175 on: 2020-08-11 19:59:34 »
Question
Spoiler: show
Wheres the 1/35 soldier in Da chao? ive checked the entire mountain but i cant seem to find it. I havent checked the cave since i dont have the leviathan scales yet, is it there? playing with tifa right now in between finding cloud/getting the highwind

Seems misplaced as well, was intended to be the very top screen. Will check all of them now to be sure.

Typo. Type B. In the elevator from Corel Prison to Gold Saucer, Esther: "But most of Chocobos I have are quite mellow, so you won't won't have that problem here!"

I try to balance lines where possible, must have been juggling 'won't' between lines at the time.

Hi, Sega Chief,
Thank you for quick reply,
Could you check the following save file?

https://mega.nz/file/XqJVgaYa#20a45Exvg91Wj0EhlhFuZHl_dEMI4UxS2fkF6qgQs8g

Thanks for that, I was able to set up a state where visiting the Pagoda on Disc 3 sets it up to be finished even if it wasn't done on Disc 2/3. I think that after finishing it, if the player didn't get Leviathan, going back up and talking to Godo should get you that as well.

Patch will go up tonight.

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: 2020-08-11 20:23:44 »
About the nibelheim flashback in the shinra mansion
It was pretty good. After it ended however, they give the option to rename cloud. I thought it was a detail like "oh wow now cloud finally accepted himself and names himself cloud and all" like symbolic, but then it gives me the option to rename cait sith and i was like...what? i guess this is a bug.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: 2020-08-11 21:31:40 »
About the nibelheim flashback in the shinra mansion
It was pretty good. After it ended however, they give the option to rename cloud. I thought it was a detail like "oh wow now cloud finally accepted himself and names himself cloud and all" like symbolic, but then it gives me the option to rename cait sith and i was like...what? i guess this is a bug.

It's not a bug, the issue is that when Cloud is renamed it also renames 'Young Cloud' (who is Cait Sith at that point) so I was forced to add a seemingly out of nowhere rename screen for him as well.

Patches are up, you'll notice that version has went from 2.0.11 to 2.0.91; this is because 7h uses decimal for version tracking where I was using semantic versioning. When we hit 2.099, it'll go to 2.0991 and so on until a content update is made which pushes it to 2.1, then I'll be able to follow a decimal system properly from the get-go.

v2.0.91
*) 7h IRO: Added chunks that handle the triggers for gateways etc. allowing access to Save Point in Icicle Inn.
*) Da Chao: 1/35 Soldier was misplaced.
*) Wutai Pagoda: Issue where Disc 3 Pagoda couldn't be completed if not finished on Disc 1/2.
*) 3 typos with Ester's lines when explaining Chocobo controls.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-11 22:54:42 by Sega Chief »

Aquarii

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.91)
« Reply #10178 on: 2020-08-12 00:42:18 »
Thanks Sega. New Patched solved the black screen problem.

Have another Question: is it the intention to fight 2 satan gates in the temple of the ancients in type b? Because I can't win this fight with an lvl 25-28 group without Tifa :D
Because I didn't had any problems before, but I don't have a chance against them because they practically put me down with one or two hits.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: 2020-08-12 02:30:29 »
Thanks Sega. New Patched solved the black screen problem.

Have another Question: is it the intention to fight 2 satan gates in the temple of the ancients in type b? Because I can't win this fight with an lvl 25-28 group without Tifa :D
Because I didn't had any problems before, but I don't have a chance against them because they practically put me down with one or two hits.

I did a run of it there; while I cleared the fight, I could see that the single-target Shockwave seemed to be proccing the Barrier instead of MBarrier so I wonder if it's been mis-set as a physical attack. Deaf-eye seemed to come out a bit too frequently as well, I burned my modest stock of Echo Drops. I'll make some tweaks (also the camera and positioning still needs work; claustrophobic would be a nice theme for it, but it was a bit too cramped).

Best thing to do is prioritise Barrier, preferably with a Light Curtain in case of a Deaf-Eye hitting the character carrying Barrier Materia, then working down one side with Quake2, Deathblow (Earth/Holy/Water/Hidden + Elemental in a weapon preferably). When it gets antsy, keep everyone nice and healthy for the Rush attack; it can't kill, but it will reduce HP by half which can leave them vulnerable to being picked off by the other wall. Just be warned that its last Rush at 1/4HP is a magic attack instead of a physical attack, and doesn't deal %-damage.

You can try giving Aeris the Fury status from a Hyper so you have a fast supply of support Limit Breaks like Healing Wind, Breath of the Earth, etc. The latter would be handy for cleansing Silence/Blind all in one go.

One important thing is that their physical attacks, Shockwave and Blasting Zone, are both Earth-element so an Edincoat, Earth+Elemental in Armour (though this means it can't be used in a weapon but may be better to go with defence over offence to get through the first half more smoothly), or accessories that reduce Earth damage would be really good picks here. It doesn't stack though, so each character having one Earth-resist on them somewhere should suffice; caster/support should prob get Edincoat so they can use an accessory that blocks Silence for a bit less headaches (or use Added Effect + Seal in armour).

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: 2020-08-12 02:48:57 »
I'm curious - is it still true what the installer says that there's a boss no one's found in 5 years?

Shin

• View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: 2020-08-12 04:49:32 »
Hi Sega Chief,
Thank you for your quick work!
It worked well on the latest ver I just destroyed Godo! (Though I missed Leviathan :)

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: 2020-08-12 06:35:03 »
Late congratulations on the release from me too Chief!

Had some time to try out game type B on hard mode last night. I was going to try how my 1.5 arrange speedrun route works, but right from the start I realized how different this 2.0 B version is. When things started playing out a bit different it put a HUGE smile on my face! So I ended up just exploring everything and talking to every NPC again. Amazing! Thank you sooo much for all your work over the years!

Just one question from the early game;

After Cloud leaves 7th Heaven and we got a chance to explore, I went back to the bar too soon, which continued the story progression. So did I miss anything by not checking out the train station and graveyard with just Cloud?

R3DM4NZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: 2020-08-12 10:02:36 »
Hey Sega

Thanks for the latest release.

I get absolutely destroyed by the 2 Demons Gates.. was really enjoying the mod but this is too tough and I can't progress - I see you are doing some work on this so it might be grinding until its sorted

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: 2020-08-12 11:12:26 »
played only Type A so far and I love it, here are couple suggestions/bugs/misc notes I have noted:

- MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL - missable items documentation is needed, its really annoying when you realise you missed something after playing so many hours. That would include enemy skills mobs locations, all enemy morphs, all item steals, so in general all missable items/accesories/weapons/armors/key items/materias. I guess you can just upgrade NT documentation you already have.
-morphed Eligor into Silver Glasses (doc says staff).
-when an ally has Reno cage casted on him/her and Barret uses Gatling gun normal attack he hits Reno and the caged character/s but cage its not always cancelled after this.
- there is a Potion on the long stairs in Shinra Bld. Isn't that useless at this point? maybe change it to hi-potion? Unless trolling ;)
- carbon bangle can be stolen from Moth Slasher enemy in shinra bld floor 67
- hardedge can be stolen from SOLDIER 3rd in shinra bld floor 67/68 after boss battle
- Ziegfried morph gives you nothing not sure if intended
- there is hidden All lv3 materia in the top north building in corel prison (not sure if you want to list that one in docs or keep secret ;))
- not sure if this is mod bug or vanilla but when Midgar Zoolom hit you with Beta and you learn it then the same fight he knocks you out of the battle field - enemy skill is not learned after winning the battle.
- Big Guard is casting reflect on your team - this may be abused by casters, if you cast a Spell+All on your team the enemy will be hit 3x times becasue of Reflect :) On the other hand you cant heal yourself so lets say its a draw.
- when you and enemy have Reflect enabled the spell is being bounced 4/5x times between both sides.
- how to track how many 1/35 soldiers I already collected?
- The chair in Shinra Mansion, 1st floor on the right next to the entrance to the basement is reacing on OK button with a squeeky sound but no dialog.
- no dialog boxes when Sephirot talking to Tseng in the Temple
- Demon Gate boss drops a Stone on you that deals 7k dmg, isn't that too much?
- some monsters are vulnerable to ? ? ? ? what is that an enemy skill with the same name or type of dmg?
- there are no encounters at all in the woods around bone village (world map) and woods around north crater (you can get ther with gold chocobo)
- Icicle Inn there is a save point outside of the doors on the snow but you cannot reach it (its the screen within the Inn)
- when manipulating assault squad soldier (corel reactor entrance before hijacking the train) there is an empty middle attack that you cannot choose
- Umbrella can be bought in Junon Docs disc 2
- Mug animation on Barret uses gun sound even if you have melee weapon on him

keep up the great work
« Last Edit: 2020-08-21 06:23:47 by boozek »

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10185 on: 2020-08-12 12:59:23 »
Or instead of making the 60 flight run a hi potion or potion,  why not make it something useful at that point :D.   

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: 2020-08-12 13:58:03 »
I did a run of it there; while I cleared the fight, I could see that the single-target Shockwave seemed to be proccing the Barrier instead of MBarrier so I wonder if it's been mis-set as a physical attack. Deaf-eye seemed to come out a bit too frequently as well, I burned my modest stock of Echo Drops. I'll make some tweaks (also the camera and positioning still needs work; claustrophobic would be a nice theme for it, but it was a bit too cramped).

Best thing to do is prioritise Barrier, preferably with a Light Curtain in case of a Deaf-Eye hitting the character carrying Barrier Materia, then working down one side with Quake2, Deathblow (Earth/Holy/Water/Hidden + Elemental in a weapon preferably). When it gets antsy, keep everyone nice and healthy for the Rush attack; it can't kill, but it will reduce HP by half which can leave them vulnerable to being picked off by the other wall. Just be warned that its last Rush at 1/4HP is a magic attack instead of a physical attack, and doesn't deal %-damage.

You can try giving Aeris the Fury status from a Hyper so you have a fast supply of support Limit Breaks like Healing Wind, Breath of the Earth, etc. The latter would be handy for cleansing Silence/Blind all in one go.

One important thing is that their physical attacks, Shockwave and Blasting Zone, are both Earth-element so an Edincoat, Earth+Elemental in Armour (though this means it can't be used in a weapon but may be better to go with defence over offence to get through the first half more smoothly), or accessories that reduce Earth damage would be really good picks here. It doesn't stack though, so each character having one Earth-resist on them somewhere should suffice; caster/support should prob get Edincoat so they can use an accessory that blocks Silence for a bit less headaches (or use Added Effect + Seal in armour).

The Earth Resist Tip was helpful! With that, the battle was much easier. Thanks for that! :)
So Aeris is no longer playable with CD2? That is a pity, because I would have liked to take her with me. There was no information about it or I would have chosen type A. :/

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: 2020-08-12 14:46:59 »
I'm curious - is it still true what the installer says that there's a boss no one's found in 5 years?

Does it still say that? I'll need to change it.

Hi Sega Chief,
Thank you for your quick work!
It worked well on the latest ver I just destroyed Godo! (Though I missed Leviathan :)

If you head back up and talk to Godo, I think he'll give you it if I'm reading the field script correctly. If not, I'll make an alteration.

Late congratulations on the release from me too Chief!

Had some time to try out game type B on hard mode last night. I was going to try how my 1.5 arrange speedrun route works, but right from the start I realized how different this 2.0 B version is. When things started playing out a bit different it put a HUGE smile on my face! So I ended up just exploring everything and talking to every NPC again. Amazing! Thank you sooo much for all your work over the years!

Just one question from the early game;

After Cloud leaves 7th Heaven and we got a chance to explore, I went back to the bar too soon, which continued the story progression. So did I miss anything by not checking out the train station and graveyard with just Cloud?

I think there's a minor scene that plays when you try to head to the station where Johnny and co. come out and berate you for trying to leave. You can then continue on to the train station but I don't think there's anything more. Maybe in the future I'll extend it so you pull a Suikoden II and can actually leave Midgar altogether.

Or instead of making the 60 flight run a hi potion or potion,  why not make it something useful at that point :D.   

All right, how about a Grenade?

The Earth Resist Tip was helpful! With that, the battle was much easier. Thanks for that! :)
So Aeris is no longer playable with CD2? That is a pity, because I would have liked to take her with me. There was no information about it or I would have chosen type A. :/

What happens there isn't specific to Type A or Type B:

After the boss uses Unlife2, she needs to survive the battle; avoid using multi-target attacks or random-target ones (like Tifa's Limits). There's a debug toggle on the Highwind with a NPC near the Operations Room as well.

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: 2020-08-12 16:57:32 »
I apologize if this has been asked @Sega Chief, but I was curious.

Did I read type A is FF7 with difficulty adjustments and some additions / movement of items etc etc

And Type B is normal OG NT FF7 with all the strange boss models etc etc?

Highly interested in Type A if I read everything correctly.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: 2020-08-12 17:08:20 »
I apologize if this has been asked @Sega Chief, but I was curious.

Did I read type A is FF7 with difficulty adjustments and some additions / movement of items etc etc

And Type B is normal OG NT FF7 with all the strange boss models etc etc?

Highly interested in Type A if I read everything correctly.

They both have the same adjustments to enemies, item placements, etc. The palette swapped bosses from NT 1.5 aren't used, Type B bosses tend to be altogether different (though some aren't changed from Type A, like Bottomswell); in Type A you'd fight Air Buster, in Type B you fight something else.

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: 2020-08-12 17:12:36 »
ah OK.

I noticed while skimming over the thread, what is the easiest way to download it?
Wanna make sure I download the most up to date version, saw a few updates and what not.

EDIT:

Worded that bad, how do I install Game Type A?
I'm using the Regular Installer at the top of the thread.

I'm an idiot, sorry, the ease of use of this mod is incredible, should have just used my brain.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-12 19:35:32 by Robgatti »

Metsys

• View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: 2020-08-12 21:38:29 »
To get the master magic, do i have to master every splinter magic too? or just the main ones

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: 2020-08-12 22:23:03 »
To get the master magic, do i have to master every splinter magic too? or just the main ones

Just the original ones.

Concession

• View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: 2020-08-13 00:11:47 »
I'm getting pretty far in this mod. It's fun :)

I just got a script error. I'm on 2.0.91 . It's on type A.
Directly after getting the rocket huge materia there is a scene in the highwind. There's a line of dialogue attributed to Aeris/Aerith. I didn't use the script/cheat thing to revive her.

Aerith
"Maybe the bomb wouldn't have worked
anyway, even with all the Materia.
...I think."

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: 2020-08-13 00:33:02 »
What happens there isn't specific to Type A or Type B:

After the boss uses Unlife2, she needs to survive the battle; avoid using multi-target attacks or random-target ones (like Tifa's Limits). There's a debug toggle on the Highwind with a NPC near the Operations Room as well.

[/quote]
Thanks again for the tip. Now she´s in my party :D

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: 2020-08-13 06:57:15 »
Type A Disk 3 Special Battle:
Thanks for making this a full-party fight and getting rid of the handicap slots, it's a much more fun way to earn BP than standard battles. The Gilgamesh fight was quite fun as well, he actually ran me out of Cornucopias with his mass-Frog attack. Fortunately, Hydro can be cast while in Frog status so my 255-Magic Aerith just went to town while everyone else just defaulted to using random consumable items.

Pruntarious

• View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: 2020-08-13 11:12:40 »
Not sure what's happening to be fair... When I was in Wall Market the first time... I managed to just go straight to the Tournament without doing anything else in the town. Thought fair enough something might happen later and this was just a change in 2.0. 

I'm on disc 2 now, just about to go to Junon.. Said I'd see what's up in Wall Market and try the item machine with Tifa and Cid (got Premium Heart out of it - not sure that's meant to happen but I'll take it). But when I took a spin through Don's mansion, Cloud was in a dress just after entering the building. Walked down to the dungeon and talked to Tifa in her dress and the scene with the two girls triggered and we were called upstairs and Don was still in tip top shape - even though I've done the Wutai side mission.

Maybe some flag wasn't set because the dress up scene didn't happen the first time?? Any thoughts?

Edit: Fairly sure the plate didn't fall either... Just worth noting... :/

« Last Edit: 2020-08-13 11:29:57 by Pruntarious »

lycancowboy1989

• View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: 2020-08-13 11:47:18 »
To add on to the previous post (about don corneos mansion on return to midgar) ill relate my experience in case it helps pinpoint something you want to fix.

I just finished gathering the last huge materia, and most recent major story event was mideel collapse.

Returned to midgar after obtaining sector 5 key (for sector 7 door apparently?) went through midgar talking to people, obtained premium heart, headed to corneo mansion out of curiosity. Upon entering im in a dress and the events above play out. at the moment he is to choose a person animations freeze and im able to run around. after leaving the room im back in default clothes and can proceed. World state seems to revert back to post corneo section with npcs such as honeybee inn manager and man in the tube returned but no actions can be taken with any of them. upon attempting to leave midgar through the door i entered the "lets go" prompt plays along with dialogue from barret and others but with no models on the field and at the moment it would normally allow party selection the game softlocks and must be reset. glad i didnt save. This all occurred on game type B if it matters, which is what confused me at first as i never went through the dressing up section previously since it was replaced with the tournament scenario.

As long as im here a couple questions:

* I have yet to find the junon league and am concerned i may have missed it or it is not there for some reason. Have i just not found it yet, is it not accessible yet, or has a bug occurred?

* Im debating on starting over with a no upgrade run just to see any differences and i dont need much detail, but are there any differences that occur if you choose not to interact with mr smiles or would it just be a self imposed challenge with an identical playthrough?

Apart from all that im really enjoying mode B, Gives a fresh spin on the game that lets me enjoy the game like its the first time even though ive played through the base game upwards of 20 times. So far its really well put together especially in the aspect of making aeris feel like she belongs in the story events and game in general instead of just being added back in.

I am curious though if you have any plans for further modifications after this release is complete, things along the lines of redoing the dialogue and swapping models around to create a new story that is even further from the base game. perhaps even with a variation with a different main character such as vincent or sephiroth with different events using the same scenes.

Along with that is the new threat mod for ff8 still on the table or has it been dropped, and if it is still in the works do you plan to have it be as in depth as this one with the changes or more just a surface level change story wise with updated mechanics and difficulty?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: 2020-08-13 16:45:23 »
I'm getting pretty far in this mod. It's fun :)

I just got a script error. I'm on 2.0.91 . It's on type A.
Directly after getting the rocket huge materia there is a scene in the highwind. There's a line of dialogue attributed to Aeris/Aerith. I didn't use the script/cheat thing to revive her.

Aerith
"Maybe the bomb wouldn't have worked
anyway, even with all the Materia.
...I think."

No worries, I'll get it.

Not sure what's happening to be fair... When I was in Wall Market the first time... I managed to just go straight to the Tournament without doing anything else in the town. Thought fair enough something might happen later and this was just a change in 2.0. 

I'm on disc 2 now, just about to go to Junon.. Said I'd see what's up in Wall Market and try the item machine with Tifa and Cid (got Premium Heart out of it - not sure that's meant to happen but I'll take it). But when I took a spin through Don's mansion, Cloud was in a dress just after entering the building. Walked down to the dungeon and talked to Tifa in her dress and the scene with the two girls triggered and we were called upstairs and Don was still in tip top shape - even though I've done the Wutai side mission.

Maybe some flag wasn't set because the dress up scene didn't happen the first time?? Any thoughts?

Edit: Fairly sure the plate didn't fall either... Just worth noting... :/

There isn't much prep-work to be done, it can be started by talking to one of several NPCs and then the doorman.

I'm not sure how you got to Wall Market when Junon is your next destination, the Key to Sector 5 typically can't be dug up until after Diamond Weapon has been fought, just prior to the Midgar Raid starting unless I've set the condition for digging the key up to be earlier at some point and forgotten about it. So the earliest intended acquisition of Premium Heart is just prior to Midgar Raid on Disc 2.

Corneo's Mansion is something I still need to do some script clean-up on.  On Type B, entering it currently will trigger scripts intended for the Type A progression and leaves you on an early GameMoment value (and probably soft-locked sooner or later).

To add on to the previous post (about don corneos mansion on return to midgar) ill relate my experience in case it helps pinpoint something you want to fix.

I just finished gathering the last huge materia, and most recent major story event was mideel collapse.

Returned to midgar after obtaining sector 5 key (for sector 7 door apparently?) went through midgar talking to people, obtained premium heart, headed to corneo mansion out of curiosity. Upon entering im in a dress and the events above play out. at the moment he is to choose a person animations freeze and im able to run around. after leaving the room im back in default clothes and can proceed. World state seems to revert back to post corneo section with npcs such as honeybee inn manager and man in the tube returned but no actions can be taken with any of them. upon attempting to leave midgar through the door i entered the "lets go" prompt plays along with dialogue from barret and others but with no models on the field and at the moment it would normally allow party selection the game softlocks and must be reset. glad i didnt save. This all occurred on game type B if it matters, which is what confused me at first as i never went through the dressing up section previously since it was replaced with the tournament scenario.

As long as im here a couple questions:

* I have yet to find the junon league and am concerned i may have missed it or it is not there for some reason. Have i just not found it yet, is it not accessible yet, or has a bug occurred?

* Im debating on starting over with a no upgrade run just to see any differences and i dont need much detail, but are there any differences that occur if you choose not to interact with mr smiles or would it just be a self imposed challenge with an identical playthrough?

Apart from all that im really enjoying mode B, Gives a fresh spin on the game that lets me enjoy the game like its the first time even though ive played through the base game upwards of 20 times. So far its really well put together especially in the aspect of making aeris feel like she belongs in the story events and game in general instead of just being added back in.

I am curious though if you have any plans for further modifications after this release is complete, things along the lines of redoing the dialogue and swapping models around to create a new story that is even further from the base game. perhaps even with a variation with a different main character such as vincent or sephiroth with different events using the same scenes.

Along with that is the new threat mod for ff8 still on the table or has it been dropped, and if it is still in the works do you plan to have it be as in depth as this one with the changes or more just a surface level change story wise with updated mechanics and difficulty?

Junon League was deactivated in this build, though the script handling it is still in there in case it gets re-implemented but I've no plans to currently.

Something may happen if a run is completed with no Sources used on Hard Mode, assuming the Hard Mode toggle isn't used at any point during the game.

Feedback on Type B's Midgar has been generally positive so far, but I got the feeling people were a bit disappointed post-Midgar. So can maybe go a bit further in places with that.

I'm a bit torn on whether to continue with FF8 NT. I've got a fairly good grasp of the field scripting but the biggest obstacle at the moment is not being able to easily bring in or swap out field models + animations are tied to the field model group which restricts what can be done there. My plan is going to be getting all the foundation work done first off, then start seeing what I can get done with Disc 4 as I wanted to do more with the time-compression state you move through before the castle.

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: 2020-08-13 19:03:22 »
Bug? Type B. Cosmo Canyon. Just after finishing Gi Caves. I talked to the handyman, chose to give him 1000g for the job, he said something along the lines of "You seem nice people, let me give you an advice..." And then nothing, his model become non-colision. Did I miss some dialogue or reward?