Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4885883 times)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10375 on: 2020-09-08 16:35:34 »
Added them just there, 2.0.94.

Spoiler: show

v2.0.94
*) Shinra Mansion: A boss wasn't dropping its item.
*) North Crater: A script trigger was fixed.
*) Updated Drain adjustment in Installer EXEs.

Which boss was that in the Shinra Mansion, is it the one on disk one when you open the safe for the Odin materia. Just because I just done that boss and wondering if I should go back to save I have that is just before the opening the safe.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: 2020-09-08 17:38:03 »
Finished yesterday 2.0 Type B Hard. And here are my thought about the content and balance. In short well done, but why so many content is removed from 1.5 (without replacing it) and Hard Mode Late Game Content is to easy.

Spoilers, dont read further, when you are not done with all content.

The more important ones are bold.

Content
- The alternative story in Midgar was awesome, post Midgar sadly only minor story changes, but i understand its hard to change things (technicaly and time spending), because the plate didnt felt down, i hoped there would be a way to visit Sector 7 again with maybe a sidequest or something. e.g. Getting Barrets Lvl4 Limit there instead of kalm.
- Liked the Idea of Aeris Body in Jenova Battle
- The changed Cloud/Aerith Sidequest with Zack was a great idea. I wish there would any benefit if you win the battle. Like Zack lives and you can get him in a other sidequests which only triggers when you win the battle.
- The Cid Sidequest in 1.5 was my favorited character sidequest, so i am a bit sad about the remove.
- The Tifa Sidequest was not my favorited, but every remove of content hurts^^
- The transport of the Silver Chocobo from the Kalm to Glacier was a good idea and the feeding stuff, too. But the high defense mechanic when not eating is gone. It was a funny idea in 1.5. Since there are so many ignores defense attack in 2.0 maybe every attack should to 0 dmg when he's not eating.
- The missing Junon League was a big lose
- The missing Extra Battles in Battle Square was a lose, too but it was not so important as Junon League.
- I liked the idea in the Creater in 1.5 after each Segment there is a boss. In 2.0 its removed.
- The new 12x 1/35 soldier sidequest and the gift are awesome, well done.
- The weapon smith should can craft missable items like Ziedrich  or some Mistile copies, etc. in addition to the Masamune (which is in my opionion by far the best weapon)
- Dark Cave was a fantastic idea in 1.5. i am sad, that its removed, but i understand that many content of Dark Cave is now in Type B.

Balance
- The changes to Barrier 50%->33%, Sad 30%->5% and back row 50%->10%was good, Barrier, Sad and Back Row was to strong.
- The remove of the Soft Level Caps was good
- The remove of SP and change to after certain event was good.
- In 1.5 your defence was doubled in calculation. In terms of Balance the change to vanilla was good but in term of funny builds it was bad. hard to say which it better
- Osmose is useless maybe its later better, but later you dont need it anymore.
- The fact that you can Morph items which you normaly get far later, is cool. Maybe it was in 1.5 i dont know
- Every character should have a weapon which ignores morph penalty. It should be aviable early so you can make use of it.
- Hard Mode: The fact, that you have to grind (steal/morph) for gil makes you automaticlly do more battles and this negate the 1/2 exp malus and in addition gives you many AP, so you will unluck spells and abilities faster. And makes the game easier.
- After a certain point the game become very easy, i think it was when you got the lvl3 limit or the Magic Spells lvl 2 and lvl3. Most bosses were death with 2 Limit or 3 spells or so.
- The W-Item duplication bug removed the sense of healing spells. From the moment you get it, you can spam mega exlixiers and dont need any Healing Spells. I know you can play without it, but when its in the game why dont use it^^
- The damage of the high end elemental spells like tornado and break etc. are to low compared to ultima. The high end Spells have Base damage 70-80 if i remmebr right. Even when you use them on a weakness they have 105-120 base commpared to ultima which you can alwasy use with 100. and ultima hits aoe and the high end elemental spells do only single target. When you increase the damage of them, they would become more useful. In late game the only spell you need is ultima. The status effects on the elemental spells are not enough to pick them over ultima. especially when you want to build a good materia combo and you need many slots. With ultima you have in worst case slighty lower damage but can use it vs all kind of enemies.
- The fight for the wutai secret cave vs the zack soldier was to easy it was a joke compared to the other secret cave fights.
- The fight vs guard of Knight of Rounds was epic. This is like a fight should be. Zombie breath from the dragon and the one hit ko's from the robot are a deadly combo, liked it very much.
- Although the fight was really hard, the gift (Knights of Rounds) is completly overpowered. Here some dmg examples. character level 66 with 255 attack and 255 magic all damage numbers come from Iron Giant in Crater (No Adrenaline). dmg: 2x summon knight of round 96k (single) and 63k (aoe) 2x magic mp turbo quadra ultima 25k without quadra 16,6k. 2x summon bahamut Zero mp turbo quadra 20,4k without quadra 13,6k. 4x cut with masamune 25k. so you see the most good stuff is about 20-25k. And Knight of Round is 4x higher dmg. It mostly one shots every boss in the game in Hard Mode.
- Altough i like the idea to go with the life down till you can sense them, the fights are to quick to end. Almost everything is death with 2x summon materia knight of round. And if not, Mime and done. even if Knight of Round is nerfed. And you only use Ultima or 4x Cut with 25k dmg. After 3-4 Attacks the fight is over. Its to quick. I think the boses should at least life after 10 strong attacks. So they need at least 250k life
- The life of regular enemies is good.
- The damage dealt by the enemies (regular/bosses) is good too.
- I like the fact that you can increase/controll stats (str/mag/dex) with your materia you wear

There are many other small things which are now better than in 1.5 but to write them all down would cost to many time and i would probably forget many of them. So i just focused mostly on the "negatives" and the suggestions i have.

Thank you for the mod. Ingame Timer was 90+ hours. Was a great experience, well done.

Edit: - I like that some limits are now magic basic
- The enemy away materia is probably the best quality of life feature, the save point toogle was good, too, but the materia is even better.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-08 21:24:03 by LeOsTyLe »

jons

• View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: 2020-09-08 18:10:03 »
Hi everyone! New here and trying to set up 7th heaven. I have download both New Threat 1.5 and 2.0, but I really dont understand what the differences are between the two versions? I heard stuff was cut for 2.0 on purpose, but is it worth playing through both versions, or is there a definitive one to play? Thanks in advance for any advice!

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: 2020-09-08 18:31:56 »
Hi everyone! New here and trying to set up 7th heaven. I have download both New Threat 1.5 and 2.0, but I really dont understand what the differences are between the two versions? I heard stuff was cut for 2.0 on purpose, but is it worth playing through both versions, or is there a definitive one to play? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Both add many new Stuff to the Game. Many added stuff are the same in 1.5 and 2.0. But 1.5 have more Sidequests due to some of them are not present in 2.0. And 2.0 have one (when i not forget one) that isnt in 1.5. 2.0 on the other hand have some great changed Story Events in the Midgar Part (Type B Mode), which 1.5 dont have. 2.0 brings some adaptions to the balance like barrier, second row, crit, weakness nerfs and some other balance changes, you can see in the change log, but loses (in my personal opionion) balance in terms of later Boss Lifes. The fights are to quick to end like a few strong materia combos and you won the fight. In 1.5 the later fights feel more like real boss fights.

When you want a real diffrent experience to the Classic Game with many changes, i currently suggest you play 1.5. And Later if you dont want to play the whole 2.0. at least just do the Midgar Part (Type B Mode, the game will ask you that by begining) Its worth it.

But this is my personal opinion. I am sure people will suggest you 2.0, too. There is no definitive edition. Both have pros and cons.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-08 18:38:05 by LeOsTyLe »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: 2020-09-09 01:03:47 »
I'm playing on the latest 2.0 release and I'm having an issue where in dungeons, (i.e Materia Cave, Cave of the Gi, Mt. Nibel, and the Shinra Mansion) I am not getting ANY random encounters. I've tried using enemy lure or enemy away materia and the result is the same, no encounters whatsoever. Bosses still work so I can progress the story still, but I am slowly getting underleveled and feel like the dungeons are far too easy because of this. I tried searching for a fix but with 416 different pages of replies its a little difficult to pin anything down.

What it may be is that the random encounter toggle switch from 1.5 has been unintentionally reactivated. If I get a copy of your save file I'll be able to ascertain if this is the case and turn it off again if it is.

Which boss was that in the Shinra Mansion, is it the one on disk one when you open the safe for the Odin materia. Just because I just done that boss and wondering if I should go back to save I have that is just before the opening the safe.

The hidden one on Disc 3.

Finished yesterday 2.0 Type B Hard. And here are my thought about the content and balance. In short well done, but why so many content is removed from 1.5 (without replacing it) and Hard Mode Late Game Content is to easy.

Spoilers, dont read further, when you are not done with all content.

The more important ones are bold.

Content
- The alternative story in Midgar was awesome, post Midgar sadly only minor story changes, but i understand its hard to change things (technicaly and time spending), because the plate didnt felt down, i hoped there would be a way to visit Sector 7 again with maybe a sidequest or something. e.g. Getting Barrets Lvl4 Limit there instead of kalm.
- Liked the Idea of Aeris Body in Jenova Battle
- The changed Cloud/Aerith Sidequest with Zack was a great idea. I wish there would any benefit if you win the battle. Like Zack lives and you can get him in a other sidequests which only triggers when you win the battle.
- The Cid Sidequest in 1.5 was my favorited character sidequest, so i am a bit sad about the remove.
- The Tifa Sidequest was not my favorited, but every remove of content hurts^^
- The transport of the Silver Chocobo from the Kalm to Glacier was a good idea and the feeding stuff, too. But the high defense mechanic when not eating is gone. It was a funny idea in 1.5. Since there are so many ignores defense attack in 2.0 maybe every attack should to 0 dmg when he's not eating.
- The missing Junon League was a big lose
- The missing Extra Battles in Battle Square was a lose, too but it was not so important as Junon League.
- I liked the idea in the Creater in 1.5 after each Segment there is a boss. In 2.0 its removed.
- The new 12x 1/35 soldier sidequest and the gift are awesome, well done.
- The weapon smith should can craft missable items like Ziedrich  or some Mistile copies, etc. in addition to the Masamune (which is in my opionion by far the best weapon)
- Dark Cave was a fantastic idea in 1.5. i am sad, that its removed, but i understand that many content of Dark Cave is now in Type B.

Balance
- The changes to Barrier 50%->33%, Sad 30%->5% and back row 50%->10%was good, Barrier, Sad and Back Row was to strong.
- The remove of the Soft Level Caps was good
- The remove of SP and change to after certain event was good.
- In 1.5 your defence was doubled in calculation. In terms of Balance the change to vanilla was good but in term of funny builds it was bad. hard to say which it better
- Osmose is useless maybe its later better, but later you dont need it anymore.
- The fact that you can Morph items which you normaly get far later, is cool. Maybe it was in 1.5 i dont know
- Every character should have a weapon which ignores morph penalty. It should be aviable early so you can make use of it.
- Hard Mode: The fact, that you have to grind (steal/morph) for gil makes you automaticlly do more battles and this negate the 1/2 exp malus and in addition gives you many AP, so you will unluck spells and abilities faster. And makes the game easier.
- After a certain point the game become very easy, i think it was when you got the lvl3 limit or the Magic Spells lvl 2 and lvl3. Most bosses were death with 2 Limit or 3 spells or so.
- The W-Item duplication bug removed the sense of healing spells. From the moment you get it, you can spam mega exlixiers and dont need any Healing Spells. I know you can play without it, but when its in the game why dont use it^^
- The damage of the high end elemental spells like tornado and break etc. are to low compared to ultima. The high end Spells have Base damage 70-80 if i remmebr right. Even when you use them on a weakness they have 105-120 base commpared to ultima which you can alwasy use with 100. and ultima hits aoe and the high end elemental spells do only single target. When you increase the damage of them, they would become more useful. In late game the only spell you need is ultima. The status effects on the elemental spells are not enough to pick them over ultima. especially when you want to build a good materia combo and you need many slots. With ultima you have in worst case slighty lower damage but can use it vs all kind of enemies.
- The fight for the wutai secret cave vs the zack soldier was to easy it was a joke compared to the other secret cave fights.
- The fight vs guard of Knight of Rounds was epic. This is like a fight should be. Zombie breath from the dragon and the one hit ko's from the robot are a deadly combo, liked it very much.
- Although the fight was really hard, the gift (Knights of Rounds) is completly overpowered. Here some dmg examples. character level 66 with 255 attack and 255 magic all damage numbers come from Iron Giant in Crater (No Adrenaline). dmg: 2x summon knight of round 96k (single) and 63k (aoe) 2x magic mp turbo quadra ultima 25k without quadra 16,6k. 2x summon bahamut Zero mp turbo quadra 20,4k without quadra 13,6k. 4x cut with masamune 25k. so you see the most good stuff is about 20-25k. And Knight of Round is 4x higher dmg. It mostly one shots every boss in the game in Hard Mode.
- Altough i like the idea to go with the life down till you can sense them, the fights are to quick to end. Almost everything is death with 2x summon materia knight of round. And if not, Mime and done. even if Knight of Round is nerfed. And you only use Ultima or 4x Cut with 25k dmg. After 3-4 Attacks the fight is over. Its to quick. I think the boses should at least life after 10 strong attacks. So they need at least 250k life
- The life of regular enemies is good.
- The damage dealt by the enemies (regular/bosses) is good too.
- I like the fact that you can increase/controll stats (str/mag/dex) with your materia you wear

There are many other small things which are now better than in 1.5 but to write them all down would cost to many time and i would probably forget many of them. So i just focused mostly on the "negatives" and the suggestions i have.

Thank you for the mod. Ingame Timer was 90+ hours. Was a great experience, well done.

Edit: - I like that some limits are now magic basic
- The enemy away materia is probably the best quality of life feature, the save point toogle was good, too, but the materia is even better.

Thanks for the feedback; the emerging consensus seems to be that:

1) In Type B, Post-Midgar is disappointing compared to the amount of event rewriting in Midgar.

2) Hard Mode doesn't deliver.

3) Some content cut from 1.5 should be replaced or reinstated.

4) There aren't many encounters able to challenge a fully grinded party

5) W-Item glitch is pulling people off the straight and narrow.

The plan for 2.1 was to start adding Extra Battle encounters but I think in addition to that there should be some more event rescripting for Type B to affect other areas and maybe try to do something more radical to the story as a whole like changing up the whole Huge Materia segment for something else maybe.

Hard Mode needs to be fixed as it uses a variable that's being used by the G-Bike minigame so I'll take that opportunity to change the parameters of how it works.

In addition to Extra Battle adding some challenging optional fights, I may try to re-add Junon Leagues (all respecced for Disc 3) and/or some sidequests for the characters who are now missing one. It depends if inspiration strikes or not.

I can look into implementing a fix for the W-Item glitch though I suspect it'll result in players losing an item if they cancel out of the 2nd item, need to see.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #10380 on: 2020-09-09 04:51:10 »
Bug report for 2.0.94. When I talked to Barret in Kalm to pick up Catastrophe, his model got stuck in the walking animation and the game soft-locked.

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: 2020-09-09 14:19:10 »
So, small thing, the "New Threat 2.0 Enemy Drop/Steal/Morph Google Spreadsheet" link takes you to the doncumentation download instead.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: 2020-09-09 17:27:36 »
So, small thing, the "New Threat 2.0 Enemy Drop/Steal/Morph Google Spreadsheet" link takes you to the doncumentation download instead.

Here is the right link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-BJ9-sh2_40sI3MEf_MW5zIcXMtJ2kjSayYqYZG5iL4/edit#gid=1491095248

And here is another Docu created by a user called wdx: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UXnqC_AOEVEUEKx6ABYyzGBJ2a29qA7cS2rdk02nbFo/edit#gid=0

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: 2020-09-09 22:46:20 »
Bug report for 2.0.94. When I talked to Barret in Kalm to pick up Catastrophe, his model got stuck in the walking animation and the game soft-locked.

I think I fixed it for Cloud, but not for Tifa or Cid; when talking to him as either of those two, try to be away from the desk. I'll catch this on the next patch.

Here is the right link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-BJ9-sh2_40sI3MEf_MW5zIcXMtJ2kjSayYqYZG5iL4/edit#gid=1491095248

And here is another Docu created by a user called wdx: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UXnqC_AOEVEUEKx6ABYyzGBJ2a29qA7cS2rdk02nbFo/edit#gid=0

My bad, I overwrote the wrong link; have corrected.

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: 2020-09-09 23:45:09 »
Hey,

So i was just playing through the game (currently at rocket town) and i noticed some stuff that i´m not entirely sure if they are meant to be.
Firstly in the SP menu, Aerith is the only character that can only upgrade twice, every other character can upgrade up to 4 times;
Secondly, i´m not sure why but when i went to the reactor in Gongaga, the Lich GT fight didnt trigger... im not sure if there has to be a requirement for that fight to happen;
Finally, i read in the documents that Materia Keeper should drop an Edincoat and i didnt get it. I stole from him an earth mallet, could that have been the problem? like can you not get drops if you steal.
Other than that, im loving the new version so far Great work!

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: 2020-09-10 06:21:03 »
can you not get drops if you steal.
no drop when steal from any particular enemy.
if theirs a group thou its possible to get drop steal and morph from the one fight. 

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: 2020-09-10 15:15:53 »
Hey,

So i was just playing through the game (currently at rocket town) and i noticed some stuff that i´m not entirely sure if they are meant to be.
Firstly in the SP menu, Aerith is the only character that can only upgrade twice, every other character can upgrade up to 4 times;
Secondly, i´m not sure why but when i went to the reactor in Gongaga, the Lich GT fight didnt trigger... im not sure if there has to be a requirement for that fight to happen;
Finally, i read in the documents that Materia Keeper should drop an Edincoat and i didnt get it. I stole from him an earth mallet, could that have been the problem? like can you not get drops if you steal.

Aerith gets later 4 Upgrades like everyone else. To the Boss in Gongonga Reactor. Are you in Type A, maybe? I was in Tyoe B and had a boss.

ihavetubes

• View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: 2020-09-10 15:59:43 »
great mod just having a problem with the screen turning black during battle. Anyway to fix this? thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKIl-NHgUiY

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: 2020-09-10 22:38:12 »
Just found out using curse ring on Tifa makes this mod super easy on game b, her special ability grit completely negates the effects of the curse ring she does not die after the countdown hit zero. So afterwards if needs be put deathforce on her and she is practically invincible, so only remove or whirl sand having effect on her.  8)

SirDrD

• View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: 2020-09-11 08:00:47 »
Playing final fantasy  vII and this mod again and love it. Everyones inate abilites, revised limit moves,  and specialized weapons is a lot more interesting the the class system (white mage, black mage,etc ) of other games.  Yet each character plays different.  Here are some comments:
- Clouds innate is interesting and a lot of fun. But it seems too lead him towards a cover/vitality build, and he is supposed to some one who is versatile in both attack and magic.  It is a fun ability, just not sure if it is on the correct character.
- I like how caa vastly change character stats by what items and materia they have on them. 
- Type B story was a lot of fun, especially the long stretch with cloud and Aeris. And i found the Aeris dialog hilarious.  "Yes Don Corneo is a bit shady. But don't worry , if he tries anything we can just beat him up."  She is the best. 
-  I haven't really got much past Midgar yet, but here is some miner story errors that felt a bit odd. When they all in those jail cells, Barret talks about reforming avalanche when all the members are still arround. And Tifa and Aeris were acting like friends, when they barely had even met yet,  and Tifa would have had no idea who this girl actually is. And outside of Midgar, Barett  still seemed to think it was Aeris mother who hid Marlene.
- If you are going to be making more changes to the story, a couple things I would like to see is a more integrated way for Yuffie, and Cait Sith to join the party, instead of them just deciding to tag along and the others are okay with it despite them not seeming trustworthy.  It was just hard for me to get attached to them, because they didn't seem like they belong.  I don't know if you changed anything in the gold saucer but,  with Yuffie it would be fun if they run into her a few times (such as with a mini quest where they have to find her after she steals the chocobo Lure from the farm) before they finally let her join after she has proven herself in some way.  But that is just a fun idea. Do what inspires you.
- With hard mode I didn't like the idea at first of no Gil. But after playing it , the fact you have to work for everything seems more rewarding.
- The tournament that cloud and aeris competes in was a lot of fun. It took me a number of tries to figure out a way to beat it. It was more fun then just bosses.  Bosses with minions, or just regular enmies presented in harder ways, is a good alternative from just over powered boses.   Such as  a battle where you fight wave after wave of some animal type enemy, or battles where minions can keep summing each other and you have to find some way to kill them all at once. Just again for ideas. You can have difficult 'boss fights' without a boss to add variety.
- Oh and Aeris is awesome.

SirDrD

• View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: 2020-09-11 08:42:24 »
And here is my opinion on making a hard mode.   It is difficult to balance while the character can just use an unlimited number of items. In particular ether and healing take away from strategy. The moment you don't have ether potions, you need to be more strategic in your use of magic. And healing potions just feel like cheating.

I had the most fun, and the most challenge when I played with restrictions on the number of items characters use in battle.I treated it instead of having access to this dimensional space that allows for unlimted items, they could only carry a few items on their belt.  It work best when I said the party could only use each type of item once in a battle. So they could use at most one potion, one ether, one grenade etc .  It really forced me to be more strategic with magic, and items. Barriers in particular I had to limit as they use a lot of mp.And I was using items which I had  never used much before such as spider web etc, to help get me through battles. It made me more reliant on items, while also limiting their use.

I know the above is immposible to implement. But I don't think you can make a hard mode,  without limiting item use. But the following should be more doable:
- potions and ether are only usable on save points, forcing carefull conservation of resources as you try to make it from save point to save point.This can also encourage use of different items such as grenades you wouldn't use otherwise.
- If this is possible have it so that each character can only use the item command once  per battle. After they use an item, it dissapears as an action command in their menu. You could also have some special  materia that gives more uses of the item command per battle. (an extra use to begin with, and more as it levels up.) But potions have to be removed as battle items for this to work, or else that one item will always be potions.
- and phoneix downs should count as a potion too. So they only can be used at save points.

Gizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: 2020-09-11 11:04:16 »
And here is my opinion on making a hard mode.   It is difficult to balance while the character can just use an unlimited number of items. In particular ether and healing take away from strategy. The moment you don't have ether potions, you need to be more strategic in your use of magic. And healing potions just feel like cheating.

I had the most fun, and the most challenge when I played with restrictions on the number of items characters use in battle.I treated it instead of having access to this dimensional space that allows for unlimted items, they could only carry a few items on their belt.  It work best when I said the party could only use each type of item once in a battle. So they could use at most one potion, one ether, one grenade etc .  It really forced me to be more strategic with magic, and items. Barriers in particular I had to limit as they use a lot of mp.And I was using items which I had  never used much before such as spider web etc, to help get me through battles. It made me more reliant on items, while also limiting their use.
I know the above is immposible to implement. But I don't think you can make a hard mode,  without limiting item use. But the following should be more doable:
- potions and ether are only usable on save points, forcing carefull conservation of resources as you try to make it from save point to save point.This can also encourage use of different items such as grenades you wouldn't use otherwise.
- If this is possible have it so that each character can only use the item command once  per battle. After they use an item, it dissapears as an action command in their menu. You could also have some special  materia that gives more uses of the item command per battle. (an extra use to begin with, and more as it levels up.) But potions have to be removed as battle items for this to work, or else that one item will always be potions.
- and phoneix downs should count as a potion too. So they only can be used at save points.

How about reducing the effect of items in combat? Lets say potions heal 300hp in field and only 100hp in combat, ether heals 50mp in field and 25 in combat... Something like that. Just make it less profitable/exploitable early game. I second the idea of pheonix feathers being removed as field/battle item to make revive magic more valuable. Or make them a rarer item to counter the spam.

I dunno about the idea of restricting item command to single use tho... I feel like a big part of the strategical possibilities would be erased this way. Item usage doesnt consist of healing items alone. Just remove the w-item bug and tweak some of the items in general for hardmode imo

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: 2020-09-11 14:30:24 »
Hey,

If you're on Type B the Reactor fight is intended to trigger instead of the Turks, if you were on Type B (and assuming you went to Gongaga before Cosmo Canyon) then there must be some way to make it not appear that I'll need to track down.

great mod just having a problem with the screen turning black during battle. Anyway to fix this? thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKIl-NHgUiY

Not seen that before, I want to say it's related to the graphical mods in some way as NT shouldn't really affect the lighting. I suspect that the 'flash' made by a critical attack is perhaps causing it (or rather, the lack of a flash).

Playing final fantasy  vII and this mod again and love it. Everyones inate abilites, revised limit moves,  and specialized weapons is a lot more interesting the the class system (white mage, black mage,etc ) of other games.  Yet each character plays different.  Here are some comments:
- Clouds innate is interesting and a lot of fun. But it seems too lead him towards a cover/vitality build, and he is supposed to some one who is versatile in both attack and magic.  It is a fun ability, just not sure if it is on the correct character.
- I like how caa vastly change character stats by what items and materia they have on them. 
- Type B story was a lot of fun, especially the long stretch with cloud and Aeris. And i found the Aeris dialog hilarious.  "Yes Don Corneo is a bit shady. But don't worry , if he tries anything we can just beat him up."  She is the best. 
-  I haven't really got much past Midgar yet, but here is some miner story errors that felt a bit odd. When they all in those jail cells, Barret talks about reforming avalanche when all the members are still arround. And Tifa and Aeris were acting like friends, when they barely had even met yet,  and Tifa would have had no idea who this girl actually is. And outside of Midgar, Barett  still seemed to think it was Aeris mother who hid Marlene.
- If you are going to be making more changes to the story, a couple things I would like to see is a more integrated way for Yuffie, and Cait Sith to join the party, instead of them just deciding to tag along and the others are okay with it despite them not seeming trustworthy.  It was just hard for me to get attached to them, because they didn't seem like they belong.  I don't know if you changed anything in the gold saucer but,  with Yuffie it would be fun if they run into her a few times (such as with a mini quest where they have to find her after she steals the chocobo Lure from the farm) before they finally let her join after she has proven herself in some way.  But that is just a fun idea. Do what inspires you.
- With hard mode I didn't like the idea at first of no Gil. But after playing it , the fact you have to work for everything seems more rewarding.
- The tournament that cloud and aeris competes in was a lot of fun. It took me a number of tries to figure out a way to beat it. It was more fun then just bosses.  Bosses with minions, or just regular enmies presented in harder ways, is a good alternative from just over powered boses.   Such as  a battle where you fight wave after wave of some animal type enemy, or battles where minions can keep summing each other and you have to find some way to kill them all at once. Just again for ideas. You can have difficult 'boss fights' without a boss to add variety.
- Oh and Aeris is awesome.

There will be some oversights in the dialogue; I correct them as people find them.

I think I can set items to be non-usable in battle (or non-usable in field menu) but it would require a separate kernel to make it work.

How about reducing the effect of items in combat? Lets say potions heal 300hp in field and only 100hp in combat, ether heals 50mp in field and 25 in combat... Something like that. Just make it less profitable/exploitable early game. I second the idea of pheonix feathers being removed as field/battle item to make revive magic more valuable. Or make them a rarer item to counter the spam.

I dunno about the idea of restricting item command to single use tho... I feel like a big part of the strategical possibilities would be erased this way. Item usage doesnt consist of healing items alone. Just remove the w-item bug and tweak some of the items in general for hardmode imo

Funnily enough, this is how potions and the other items worked in the older builds. The field menu effect is hard-coded to the .EXE so without that being patched it meant that Potions healed 300 in-battle and 100 out of battle. Could return to that maybe.

SirDrD

• View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: 2020-09-11 19:32:06 »

Well restricting item command is probably  not that doable anyway so isn't an option.   But when i self imposed such rules on myself it didn't reduce strategy, but increased it.  As when you can't use potions it makes the other ones more necessary.   And without being able to spam some item in one battle, it requires them to be spread out. And I am just talking about early game here so far, but items like spider web, shrapnel, ghost hand, deadly waste, and more I didn't even know existed before. Now I became reliant on them, but not in any way that felt overpowering.

But there is likely no way to change the kernel for that, so it is not an option.But healing potions, ether, and phonix downs need to be greatly reduced. Otherwsie best strategy is just too sell most items , and buy ehter. And then in battle use your most powerfull magic , and when you run out, drink an ether potion. And it turns battles into a matter of endurace instead of strategy.

Try to do the first reactor mission with the rule of not using potions outside of save points. I find that now you have to watch your magic as you can't get more, balancing it with melee. And you need to use  character inates, limit  moves, and grenades to their full potential.

But anyway, I would rather have hard mode reduce healing availble, rather then forcing you to need to do it constantly.Healing all the time isn't fun.Not does it feel heroic.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: 2020-09-12 20:07:35 »
Just had a issue happen to me with my save, I have been playing game b normal and I have just finished the temple of the ancients. After the cut scene ended I have seem to ended up in the Ancient City at the start of disk 2, and not in Gongaga and the tiny bronco is still besides the temple area so I have no means of getting back. Not only that I have missed either 1 or 2 fort condor battles, no digging for the lunar harp and the Jenova life boss fight. HELP PLEASE  :o :?
« Last Edit: 2020-09-12 20:09:13 by Yuffie1983 »

cirric0

• View Profile
« Reply #10395 on: 2020-09-13 02:00:25 »
started 2.0 last night and just got to Cosmo Canyon...I'm really liking the new balances to combat compared to 1.5 but Field Battle Music (honestly my #1 favorite part of New Threat)  doesn't appear work on all screens  :( hope this gets patched later

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: 2020-09-13 05:13:14 »
Just had a issue happen to me with my save, I have been playing game b normal and I have just finished the temple of the ancients. After the cut scene ended I have seem to ended up in the Ancient City at the start of disk 2, and not in Gongaga and the tiny bronco is still besides the temple area so I have no means of getting back. Not only that I have missed either 1 or 2 fort condor battles, no digging for the lunar harp and the Jenova life boss fight. HELP PLEASE  :o :?

I can fix that save file if you send it across but it sounds very unusual. I'll check to see if there's any debug scripts sitting in there but I can't recall having a reason to jump from the temple to forgotten city.

started 2.0 last night and just got to Cosmo Canyon...I'm really liking the new balances to combat compared to 1.5 but Field Battle Music (honestly my #1 favorite part of New Threat)  doesn't appear work on all screens  :( hope this gets patched later

I'll do a sweep for it.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-13 12:23:43 by Sega Chief »

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: 2020-09-14 00:50:57 »
Disk 3 spoilers:
I farmed up a set of mastered Elemental and Added-Effect materia to go Weapon hunting, but it turns out that was unnecessary as long as I could open with Great Gospel and then mime KotR a bunch. I wasn't quite able to beat them without taking any damage, but close enough.

Then I stumbled upon Ozma blindly, and that was quite a surprise. I attempted it a couple of times without Aerith's limit ready and got wrecked pretty hard (being at level 72, 75, and 76 didn't help  :)), but I think the same idea should work, especially if I farm to level 77 to dodge all the level-based stuff.

Anyway, I unlocked Ozma trying to get Tifa'4 level 4 limit break. I got 1 gil from playing the main theme as Cloud at her home piano and then got Ozma at the Shinra mansion piano. Does she need to be party leader or am I doing something else wrong?

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: 2020-09-14 03:13:22 »

this is probably something you fixed on 2.0 but I thought it was amusing so I'm posting

in 1.5 in the dark cave sidequest, in tifa's bar, I think there should be no one here other than tifa and barret, but everyone is here. However I can't get any of them into my party, aside from tifa and barret. Did I do something wrong? I think I'll meet the rest of them as the quest continues

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: 2020-09-14 06:52:10 »

Does she need to be party leader or am I doing something else wrong?

required as party leader.  u can change party leader after nip down the northern crater save point at the 'steps down' then head back up to the highwind. right hand NPC in the highwind save area will allow the party leader swap.