Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836868 times)

RascalQueen

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5150 on: 2017-04-08 01:37:30 »
Gilgamesh, I beat Lambda Calcule in a much easier way - math.  If you wait and keep watch with Sense, he'll eventually make himself vulnerable, however briefly, to Level 5 Death and you can just haste-spam that.

Though yeah the Work Glove is really potent on your way to the Powersoul.

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: 2017-04-08 04:13:50 »
Interesting, I didn't know his level changed as you fought him.

I tried fighting his Physical form, boosting Tifa with a Fury Ring and a ton of physical damage, but when he turned into his Physical form, his healing spell turned me off of that strat (seriously? 7500 heals every couple turns? I couldn't even come close to putting a dent into him.) so I tried his Magical form, with the Tifa '6 Yeahs' Limit Break, and cleared him out easy, also stealing a Razor Ring off him in the process, so I'm happy with the way my fight went. It was pretty easy, since I made sure to level up Tifa's Limit along the story, and you can't really turn down a 12k+ attack.  :mrgreen:

How does Lvl 5 Death work? Lambda Calcule's level changes during the fight?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-08 04:17:10 by GilgameshGG »

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: 2017-04-08 04:45:13 »
Yeah, every action changes his level.  Usually it's just +2, I think.  You can hit him with Suicide whenever it hits a 5, and it'll do capped damage.  And yeah his magic mode is way easier to deal with.

I just recently finished Jenova Decay.  Don't be fooled by her being level 50 - she does not respond well to math.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: 2017-04-08 13:58:24 »
Hey, I'm sort of new to how 7H patching works. I know the basics from the tutorial and I could get by if I were starting fresh, but I had a question regarding this mod in particular.

I used the standalone exe first, but now I'm wanting to switch over to the 7H version since it has better compatibility (I think? Not sure if I just misunderstood something) and I want those interface mods and stuff.

My question is since I'm already at the Prison and don't want to restart, should I just keep going or would making the switch to 7H version let me keep playing from here?

Also wanted to post it here since the ID forum won't let me post for some reason. I get a soft lock when fighting sandworms in the desert. I can just turn off battles to skip them, but that isn't very fun. I'm on 1.4. Also bummed that there won't be a Dark Cave until the next patch.

edit: Oh should I mention I'm using the steam version? Not sure if it matters.

You can carry your save files over from the steam version as they use the same format for 7H. Go to this address: C:\Users\[User Name]\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_###### and copy-paste out all the files called save.##. When you've done the 7H conversion, drop these saves into the save folder of the newly made 7H FF7 directory.

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: 2017-04-08 14:22:19 »
Great. I wasn't sure if it would break saves or not. My modding experience comes from fallout and skyrim where every little change will break a save game.

lionheart82

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.1)
« Reply #5155 on: 2017-04-08 18:12:24 »
Well, the thought of marrying you is givin' me the chills so there'll be no skip for cross-dressing. As for the game being over in five minutes, to be honest the player party doesn't actually have much of a positive impact in the story's events overall. In fact, the game would probably unfold in a much more positive way if the team stayed put in Sector 7 and had a drink or three.

Their general contribution to the game's events essentially boil down to this:

-) Killed a bunch of people blowing up the first Reactor
-) Killed a bunch of people blowing up the fifth Reactor
-) Trashed the roof of a Church
-) Made a bunch of people feel insecure about themselves in Wall Market
-) Killed a bunch of people by prompting Shinra to bring down the Plate
-) Saved/Messed up a Parade and saved/doomed the network that was televising it
-) Killed a trigger-happy felon (okay that's one point for the home team, I guess)
-) Dragged Vincent out of his stupor so he could emote at people
-) Got the Bronco wrecked by gunfire
-) Solved the Temple puzzle, thereby accelerating Sephiroth's plans
-) Got Aeris back-stabbed
-) Got the Black Materia back before handing it over anyway
-) Potentially saved the inhabitants of Fort Condor (okay, another point there)
-) Potentially stopped a coal train from flattening a few tents and two shops in North Corel
-) Potentially shot down and horribly drowned the crew of the Red Submarine
-) Sabotaged Shinra's probably legit plan to blow up Meteor with a Materia Bomb (granted, the Rocket doesn't work even if the party gets none of the Huge Materia but seeing as the party didn't have an alternative plan to this it seemed a bit like vandalism)
-) Got a projector working again in the Forgotten City
-) Saved Midgar from a Sister Ray explosion (one point for that)
-) Killed Sephiroth in the Crater and gave Holy the opportunity to have the Opposite Effect

The closing caption of this game should be: Mistakes were made, but it all worked out in the end.

just started going through the forum from beginning, lol this. rehashes the game in few funny points, reminded me of ff7 in 7 minutes yt video :-)

Quote: Bosses up to about Gi Nattak had a sort of roulette on equipment drops; it was to help make people's playthroughs a little bit different and add some spice to it. There were some quite rare things like a Fire Armlet and even a Curse Ring to get from some of them. Curious thing is, they don't break the game too much at that level.

1)This - Did i just f myself by tring to morph most bosses till now? Is that reason they didnt give me any drops sides gil, or at least most of them? dont rmmbr if they were morphable so just tried to morph most, never got crap... :-( And trying maybe excluded regular drops in vanilla game or nt iirc...?
Edit: yeah, got an itemfrom gi nattak just now, waiting for segachief to confirm so i can chokobuckle myself... All those bosses items i missed...

2)Oh and was there renaming option in the game? Named red Nanaki but now it seems unnatural.

3)Does this thread have search function, like searching jenova to get tactics for her etc? So many info went since last i visited and its shame. started running through the whole thread for copying info and realized its gonna take a year, especialy that prolly some of earliest info is outdated. Like, boxer info a page back is great but i already got into gongaga gi cave and either i wait or reload earlier save etc etc.

I got the idea to consolidate all that into one big in depth guide w categories like bosses tactics, morph & steal quality drops (weapons, equipment...), but realized its a big bite.

4) Iirc i got enemy skill materia w laser and matra magic already present, was that a bug or intended?

I read somewhere that white wind can be learned by rufus dog if i cast mirror on myself that i obtain from train graveyard, but i didnt have steal then, thought i just missed it and later found it, so how was that possible? maybe these were for vanilla and nt diferences?

5) Quote: CLOUDs \\Character Innate: Fortify//
His innate ability is one of the most potent in that it has a chance to raise his Level whenever he is
the target for a magic-based ability. Level is tied to damage output and other formulas that make the
fighter generally more effective in battle and unlike the others he has no cap on how many stacks of
this buff he can receive.

so hes basicaly getting chance to get better dmg as time goes in battle when hes hit by magic? or what. I saw all others innates when getting them except his.

6) cant find that extra encounter in gi cave, ive reached gi nattak already? Did i miss smtn or what? Is it back in the first part of the cave? Hints?
So i just went back 2 d first part and still cant find it...
« Last Edit: 2017-04-09 08:25:48 by lionheart82 »

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: 2017-04-08 22:00:01 »
Hello guys, I just wanna know...

Is the location of the enemy-skill materia in a place where you might miss it? It wasn't where it was on vanilla so I ask just in case I might go too far where I cannot go back.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: 2017-04-08 22:55:11 »
Hello guys, I just wanna know...

Is the location of the enemy-skill materia in a place where you might miss it? It wasn't where it was on vanilla so I ask just in case I might go too far where I cannot go back.

impossible to miss. comes pre equipped on a character.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: 2017-04-09 00:29:46 »
impossible to miss. comes pre equipped on a character.

Thank you :D

I'll continue without worrying, I manage to beat everything on the Hardcore mod I believe I can do this one too :D

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: 2017-04-09 02:37:00 »
Finally reached a boss that I'm just stuck on. I'm not crazy experienced with FF VII which is probably why.
The Jenova fight that turns you undead. I'm getting rocked in it.

I managed to brute force the dude in the safe already, but this one takes finesse. Any tips? Like if you can cure the undead status?

Managed to scrape by. Tifa had 54 HP left and was poisoned. Just got lucky with the Yeahs on her slots really, I didn't do anything particularly different.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-09 03:17:44 by Necro »

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #5160 on: 2017-04-09 04:41:13 »
Hey Sega chief!! So I just got back into the game and just got out of the Corel prison. But the area right before dyne, the one with the save point and the broken down cars, did not have the guard scorpion. Was this encounter removed from the mod?? I was actually looking forward to fighting it again, since I am attempting a walk through without using SP for sources.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: 2017-04-09 10:22:16 »
Guys can anyone help me with qs? Sega is prolly busy atm, but surely others have been/done and know the anwer?

« Last Edit: 2017-04-09 11:18:43 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: 2017-04-09 14:03:01 »
1)This - Did i just f myself by tring to morph most bosses till now? Is that reason they didnt give me any drops sides gil, or at least most of them? dont rmmbr if they were morphable so just tried to morph most, never got crap... :-( And trying maybe excluded regular drops in vanilla game or nt iirc...?
Edit: yeah, got an itemfrom gi nattak just now, waiting for segachief to confirm so i can chokobuckle myself... All those bosses items i missed...

2)Oh and was there renaming option in the game? Named red Nanaki but now it seems unnatural.

3)Does this thread have search function, like searching jenova to get tactics for her etc? So many info went since last i visited and its shame. started running through the whole thread for copying info and realized its gonna take a year, especialy that prolly some of earliest info is outdated. Like, boxer info a page back is great but i already got into gongaga gi cave and either i wait or reload earlier save etc etc.

I got the idea to consolidate all that into one big in depth guide w categories like bosses tactics, morph & steal quality drops (weapons, equipment...), but realized its a big bite.

4) Iirc i got enemy skill materia w laser and matra magic already present, was that a bug or intended?

I read somewhere that white wind can be learned by rufus dog if i cast mirror on myself that i obtain from train graveyard, but i didnt have steal then, thought i just missed it and later found it, so how was that possible? maybe these were for vanilla and nt diferences?

5) Quote: CLOUDs \\Character Innate: Fortify//
His innate ability is one of the most potent in that it has a chance to raise his Level whenever he is
the target for a magic-based ability. Level is tied to damage output and other formulas that make the
fighter generally more effective in battle and unlike the others he has no cap on how many stacks of
this buff he can receive.

so hes basicaly getting chance to get better dmg as time goes in battle when hes hit by magic? or what. I saw all others innates when getting them except his.

6) cant find that extra encounter in gi cave, ive reached gi nattak already? Did i miss smtn or what? Is it back in the first part of the cave? Hints?
So i just went back 2 d first part and still cant find it...

1) Drops shouldn't be locked out if Morph is used; they might be if Morph kills the enemy though.

2) I was going to add an option after Cosmo Canyon to change Red XIII's name to Nanaki, if the player wants to.

3) I dunno if Qhimm's search function works; I generally type what I'm looking for into Google with 'qhimm' at the end.

4) Red likely learned these during the battle with Sample HO512; the OPTs in that fight can use both these skills. White Wind is learnable early if you have a means of producing Reflect but given the changes to Air Buster's drops I don't think it's possible any more.

5) That's an old innate description; his current one is that he gains a Strength or Magic buff based on which type of damage the other party members previously used.

Finally reached a boss that I'm just stuck on. I'm not crazy experienced with FF VII which is probably why.
The Jenova fight that turns you undead. I'm getting rocked in it.

I managed to brute force the dude in the safe already, but this one takes finesse. Any tips? Like if you can cure the undead status?

Managed to scrape by. Tifa had 54 HP left and was poisoned. Just got lucky with the Yeahs on her slots really, I didn't do anything particularly different.

Holy works on all the Jenova monsters, so combining Restore/Revive with Elemental in a weapon should yield 2x damage. I think that boss was particularly weak to magic though so Quake2 should get a good result. As for the special zombie status in that fight, you can still heal using elemental damage; if you absorb the element you can use it to restore HP in a pinch.

Hey Sega chief!! So I just got back into the game and just got out of the Corel prison. But the area right before dyne, the one with the save point and the broken down cars, did not have the guard scorpion. Was this encounter removed from the mod?? I was actually looking forward to fighting it again, since I am attempting a walk through without using SP for sources.

It was moved elsewhere; it's now found on Mt. Nibel.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: 2017-04-09 14:11:42 »
1) which i did, killed allofem with morph. Would it be too much to ask you for boss item drops till gi nattack? Or pm if its not for public? Im too far into the game to refight from game start. If not never mind.
3) it did give additional results but still no search within thread. Thx anyway.
4&5) thx!

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: 2017-04-09 17:27:15 »
Jenova Decay is rough.  My recommendation is, bring Vincent - Vincent's innate will heal him even while zombified.  If you have sufficiently leveled elemental materia, hooking everyone up to absorb lightning or fire lets you use Beta/Trine as appropriate as strong team heals.  Decay is mostly a gradual grinder though - her actual damage output is pretty bad.  Also, don't use Level 5 Suicide.  Maybe try it once, if you saved right beforehand, just to see what happens - it's pretty good.

And yeah for phys characters, Elemental+Holy or Elemental+Earth is good for damage, if you can spare it after making sure everyone absorbs an element for healing.

GilgameshGG

• View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: 2017-04-09 18:44:33 »
I'm climbing Wutai Pagoda, and looking at the NT Item List, it seems Shake can be morphed into Sprint Shoes. The only problem is, how the heck do you hit him physically, without using a Limit Break?!

I can't seem to hit him with any physical attack, let alone Morph. Granted, Yuffie is only lvl 38, with 118 W.Atk% and 126 Dex... But how high exactly is Shake's Evasion? Can you even hit him physically at all? What's the threshold...

-EDIT- : Oh my God, I just hit him.. Once in 20 hits. This is gonna be fun...
-EDIT 2-: Nevermind, I did it!

Yuffie Lvl 38
WPN: Twin Viper (Attack% 118)
ARM: Carbon Bangle (+15 Dex)
ACC: Bolt Ring (+35 Dex)

Pumping up my Dex to 126, and I could hit him every 7-8 hits. When I was under 100 Dex, I couldn't hit him once. Sweet Sprint Shoes are mine :D
« Last Edit: 2017-04-09 19:07:21 by GilgameshGG »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: 2017-04-09 22:00:46 »
Lol that was fun!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: 2017-04-09 22:26:52 »
1) which i did, killed allofem with morph. Would it be too much to ask you for boss item drops till gi nattack? Or pm if its not for public? Im too far into the game to refight from game start. If not never mind.
3) it did give additional results but still no search within thread. Thx anyway.
4&5) thx!

It should be in the documentation folder, there's a spreadsheet in there with listed drops.

I'm climbing Wutai Pagoda, and looking at the NT Item List, it seems Shake can be morphed into Sprint Shoes. The only problem is, how the heck do you hit him physically, without using a Limit Break?!

I can't seem to hit him with any physical attack, let alone Morph. Granted, Yuffie is only lvl 38, with 118 W.Atk% and 126 Dex... But how high exactly is Shake's Evasion? Can you even hit him physically at all? What's the threshold...

-EDIT- : Oh my God, I just hit him.. Once in 20 hits. This is gonna be fun...
-EDIT 2-: Nevermind, I did it!

Yuffie Lvl 38
WPN: Twin Viper (Attack% 118)
ARM: Carbon Bangle (+15 Dex)
ACC: Bolt Ring (+35 Dex)

Pumping up my Dex to 126, and I could hit him every 7-8 hits. When I was under 100 Dex, I couldn't hit him once. Sweet Sprint Shoes are mine :D

Shake (probably) has maxed out evasion but you can hit him physically using a Luck check; this is your Luck/4 for what's called a Lucky Hit where a critical hit will land. This will also supersede a Lucky Dodge check (same formula) by the enemy; this calculation is only made if a Lucky Hit calculation did not return true. At 255 Luck you will have a roughly 60% chance to always land physical hits/dodge physical hits, it's a great stat to consider.

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: 2017-04-10 00:02:20 »
Jenova Decay is rough.  My recommendation is, bring Vincent - Vincent's innate will heal him even while zombified.  If you have sufficiently leveled elemental materia, hooking everyone up to absorb lightning or fire lets you use Beta/Trine as appropriate as strong team heals.  Decay is mostly a gradual grinder though - her actual damage output is pretty bad.  Also, don't use Level 5 Suicide.  Maybe try it once, if you saved right beforehand, just to see what happens - it's pretty good.

And yeah for phys characters, Elemental+Holy or Elemental+Earth is good for damage, if you can spare it after making sure everyone absorbs an element for healing.
I ended up just powering through without any elemental healing and hoping that my whole crew wasn't zombified too fast. I got a bunch of lucky Yeahs with Tifa (entered with full limit, and got another one right before she died) that helped me scrape by.

I just got to part two, and Barret and Cait are waaaaay behind, and I used all my attack items on the boss immune to physical damage, so now I'm stuck on an embarrassing fight with two soldiers after the execution thing. I've never touched Cait because I hate his design and character. Barret I just think has an underpowered skill compared to the rest of the cast. Aeris and Tifa are my main party just for the utility, but Yuffie is so busted it's hard not to put her in any difficult fight I have trouble with.

I do have Beta but I was never good enough to win against the zolom. I'm still using lvl 2 materia so when I break out, I think I need to really buckle down and grind materia.

What happens if you suicide Jenova though? I imagine it would just Recover no? I found out the hard way that Sephiroth absorbed death element after I found a kaiser knuckle right before him and put it on Tifa and her counterattack kept "instant killing" him for full HP. -_-

EDIT: I forgot to mention. You absorb an element by maxing out Elemental right then pairing it right? Or is it maxed out Fire Matera+Elemental?
« Last Edit: 2017-04-10 00:04:10 by Necro »

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: 2017-04-10 00:06:15 »
Maxed Elemental for Absorb.  Did you not get the Powersoul from Mount Nibel?  You're unfortunately too far at this point to get the Curse Ring/Power Soul combo going, but you can kind of fake it with Death Sentence.

If you hit Jenova with Level 5 Suicide, she has a pretty unique counter sequence.  It's fun to watch, but it's pretty much a guaranteed wipe unless you're very lucky.

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: 2017-04-10 01:15:38 »
Maxed Elemental for Absorb.  Did you not get the Powersoul from Mount Nibel?  You're unfortunately too far at this point to get the Curse Ring/Power Soul combo going, but you can kind of fake it with Death Sentence.

If you hit Jenova with Level 5 Suicide, she has a pretty unique counter sequence.  It's fun to watch, but it's pretty much a guaranteed wipe unless you're very lucky.
I did actually get the Powersoul but I may be too inexperienced to see it's value. I have a hard time keeping Tifa low enough to really make good use of it since she just dies if I try.
Right now I'm just trying to grind up to at least lvl 3 on my basic materia, and get enough to buy a couple chocobo stables.

My main issue right now is a lack of gil, lack of AP, and lack of knowledge about where to find certain things as well as just not knowing all the tricks people who have played for years know.
I'm gonna give the Zolom another shot and see if I can take him. and if so, how decent the AP is.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: 2017-04-10 03:24:27 »
If you have Odin, my recommendation is just to hook Tifa up with Odin and HP<->MP Swap and go to whatever section of Mideel you can reach - there's a small pennisula you can get to with the Tiny Bronco, or a much larger section with the airship.  Just spam Odin, she's guaranteed to survive at least one hit per fight so you can almost always get him to go off.  Easy grinding for cash/AP.

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: 2017-04-10 03:59:55 »
If you have Odin, my recommendation is just to hook Tifa up with Odin and HP<->MP Swap and go to whatever section of Mideel you can reach - there's a small pennisula you can get to with the Tiny Bronco, or a much larger section with the airship.  Just spam Odin, she's guaranteed to survive at least one hit per fight so you can almost always get him to go off.  Easy grinding for cash/AP.
That's a good idea. Do you know what the reward is for winning every Ft. Condor fight? I already missed one without realizing it so now I'm just curious.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: 2017-04-10 05:45:07 »
Nah, haven't gotten there yet.  I've won all the ones up to this point, so hopefully I'll find out.

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: 2017-04-10 07:31:12 »
The Platinum Extra match at the battle arena is bugged. Game soft locked as soon as it started. He never did anything and it never let me hit him.