Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838220 times)

dumbstrom

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6700 on: 2018-03-07 15:09:44 »
so where is deathblow in 1.5 because it is not in gongaga :/

OatBran

• moop all day skeent all night
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #6701 on: 2018-03-07 22:54:25 »
so where is deathblow in 1.5 because it is not in gongaga :/

I think its where the added cut materia is in the default game, great glacier area 10. i hope im remembering that right

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: 2018-03-09 15:28:56 »
Sorry for lack of responses recently, was tied up with end-of-block assessments at college. Going through previous posts, it seems I've missed responding to a couple as well.

I'm adding new fixes to the files at the moment, currently I've got:

-) Save Point in Costa had the infinite loop removed from it's script
-) Gongaga, scene will not trigger if Tifa/Cid are party leader (prevents scene breaking)
-) Typos/errors with Rank Up options
-) Changed shop inventory on Cargo Ship (Sailor) to include Ethers and other status items
-) Sorted out the Kalm Traveller Materia
-) HP restore added if quitting the Zack Flashback after KO
-) Fixed bad script at end of Dark Cave (final cave scene with body wasn't reaching intended script and unlocking the exits)
-) Implemented a solution to the walkmesh field exit problem of Main Installer vs 7H for end of Dark Cave that won't require that field chunk to be included

Some older changes are in there too, like enemy adjustments.

ToDo
-) Investigate the Materia Equip Effects issue (EXE prototype version only) that Markul reported having. I've checked and tested them but they seem to be correct. We'll probably need to discuss that more to figure out the cause.

-) I'll go through and find posts from users that I missed tonight and respond to them; probably be too late in most cases, but just in case.

If there's any issues not mentioned here, let me know so I can check if I implemented it or not.

Edit:
Here's the latest version of the files (.EXE version):

Standard Installer
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uvccds3n4ov3c1n/NT_1.5_Build_-_10th_March_2018.zip

7H IRO
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1378ris52eh43ua/FF7%20NT%20IRO%2010th%20March%202018.zip
« Last Edit: 2018-03-10 02:11:17 by Sega Chief »

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: 2018-03-10 10:35:30 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: 2018-03-10 16:14:40 »
It should update with no clashes, yeah.

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6705 on: 2018-03-10 16:43:17 »
ok, I tried the new IRO, two things:
1- the summon materia didn't give bonus and malus any longer, dunno if it's a bug or not.
2- on the other hand, when I went to a save point to level up Cloud, Mr. smile gave me 1/2/3 batches of sources rather than the previous 5/10/15, and the sources give only 1 point to a stat when used rather than the intended 5 (if this is an intended change).

SenatorHGS

• View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: 2018-03-10 20:13:16 »
Thanks for the speedy update.

Forgot to mention that I'm playing Arranged Mode if that had anything to do with the bug, but I guess not.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: 2018-03-11 07:32:58 »
Hi Sega Chief

I'm experiencing a crash after the imposter fight, hoping someone here could help... The exp/items screen load correctly, but the game crashes immediately afterwards.  I'm playing on 1.5 normal, and previously experienced the same crash after the Jenova Life battle.  I installed the patches to get past Jenova Life, but am now having a similar problem with the imposter on Disc 3.  Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Edit - just want to say I did a fresh install, game still crashes on load screen after exp/items from mimic battle.  I've tried over five times now with different configs, still no luck. 

The first time around, I was able to bypass this error by switching out party members, however I feel Aeris is the one causing the glitch and she is mandatory for this fight.  Anyone experiencing the same issue?
« Last Edit: 2018-03-12 04:13:44 by Patrick »

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: 2018-03-11 10:14:42 »
1- the summon materia didn't give bonus and malus any longer, dunno if it's a bug or not.

I 've checked the last main installer version and the problem with the materia its only in spanish version, i think ,dont worry ;)

Its strange.... i dont think the problem is in the .exe,even if i use the same that the main installer, without modify ,in english version the values seem to be correct but in spanish version not ,maybe other file affect this value or the form that the .exe is readed? ...... i will do more tests  :/
EDIT: The equip effect values in the kernel are diferent ,im gonna update it and i will see what happen xD
EDIT2: Fixed xD
« Last Edit: 2018-03-11 11:09:02 by markul »

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: 2018-03-11 11:11:12 »
I 've checked the last main installer version and the problem with the materia its only in spanish version, i think ,dont worry ;)

but I'm playing in English :'v.
dunno if it's because I'm playing with menĂ¹ overhaul, gonna try to deactivate that mod.

EDIT: ok, tried without menĂ¹ overhaul and materias and sources are still messed up :/
« Last Edit: 2018-03-11 14:45:47 by Arkanim94 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: 2018-03-11 16:05:09 »
2- on the other hand, when I went to a save point to level up Cloud, Mr. smile gave me 1/2/3 batches of sources rather than the previous 5/10/15, and the sources give only 1 point to a stat when used rather than the intended 5 (if this is an intended change).

If you're using the IRO then you need to use the .EXE that was packaged with the download folder.

Its strange.... i dont think the problem is in the .exe,even if i use the same that the main installer, without modify ,in english version the values seem to be correct but in spanish version not ,maybe other file affect this value or the form that the .exe is readed? ...... i will do more tests  :/
EDIT: The equip effect values in the kernel are diferent ,im gonna update it and i will see what happen xD
EDIT2: Fixed xD

Ah so it was the kernel, I guess that makes sense.

Thanks for the speedy update.

Forgot to mention that I'm playing Arranged Mode if that had anything to do with the bug, but I guess not.

It wasn't related to the difficulty setting, when I checked the script there was a bit of script sitting above the intended one. I removed it, you should now be able to examine the dead body, get the Mystile, and then the exit should be accessible after that (the SW one, the other in the NW remains blocked off).

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: 2018-03-11 16:59:01 »
it's normal that exp plus gives -30 vitality and -30 mag. def. ?

SenatorHGS

• View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: 2018-03-11 18:22:52 »
It wasn't related to the difficulty setting, when I checked the script there was a bit of script sitting above the intended one. I removed it, you should now be able to examine the dead body, get the Mystile, and then the exit should be accessible after that (the SW one, the other in the NW remains blocked off).

Yup, was able to successfully escape. Although I think I've now hit a new snag; the Dark Cave removed the Key to Sector 5 from my inventory and now I can't reenter Midgar. I tried to get another key from the Bone Village but haven't found it again.

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: 2018-03-11 18:48:37 »
it's normal that exp plus gives -30 vitality and -30 mag. def. ?

It is in the new version of the mod yes. In vanilla it has no stat bonuses at all to my knowledge

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: 2018-03-11 19:55:40 »
It is in the new version of the mod yes. In vanilla it has no stat bonuses at all to my knowledge
mmh, the problem is that with the new IRO+exe I have really different stat changes from materia than before, for example:
Spoiler: show

and if I don't really think those stat changes are legit :v (or I have played the game till costa del sol with half mod not working, that could be a possibility).
« Last Edit: 2018-03-11 19:59:17 by Arkanim94 »

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: 2018-03-12 00:13:23 »
That's all working as intended. Segachief overhauled the materia for this version

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: 2018-03-12 11:50:03 »
Yup, was able to successfully escape. Although I think I've now hit a new snag; the Dark Cave removed the Key to Sector 5 from my inventory and now I can't reenter Midgar. I tried to get another key from the Bone Village but haven't found it again.

I always forget about that key; I can temporarily put a script in that adds it to your inventory though.

ZeroTheOverlord

• View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: 2018-03-14 18:25:31 »
i'm trying to install the latest mod but i get this "this program cannot update the installed version of FF7 new threat mod v1.5 - 10th march 2018 because of the following reason: the destination directory doesn't contain any files to update" and i'm using the "main installer" in the mod folder on the "data" folder of the FF7 game

i have windows 10 (i hate it XD) if that means anything

just wondering but will this "direct patch" i saw from some yt comments (on the installation Tutorial vid) work for this problem? i'd figure i would get a faster response here than on yt lol

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: 2018-03-15 08:32:37 »
i'm trying to install the latest mod but i get this "this program cannot update the installed version of FF7 new threat mod v1.5 - 10th march 2018 because of the following reason: the destination directory doesn't contain any files to update" and i'm using the "main installer" in the mod folder on the "data" folder of the FF7 game

i have windows 10 (i hate it XD) if that means anything

just wondering but will this "direct patch" i saw from some yt comments (on the installation Tutorial vid) work for this problem? i'd figure i would get a faster response here than on yt lol

Actually, you only need to direct the mod to main FFVII folder now, so the data folder isn't needed for the download. That should make the mod work.

ZeroTheOverlord

• View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: 2018-03-15 14:46:08 »

Actually, you only need to direct the mod to main FFVII folder now, so the data folder isn't needed for the download. That should make the mod work.

oh thank god it worked, i owe you big for this dood^^

AhriYuuki

• View Profile
« Reply #6720 on: 2018-03-15 23:49:40 »
Hello! I have a big question and sorry if this was answered before ><, you have any plans of releasing the party leader change part of the mod alone? :o

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: 2018-03-16 10:44:02 »
I didn't notice you changed cloud innate sega, I was there wondering what the message "cloud limit stack +" meant :v

Quaquaversal

• View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: 2018-03-16 22:08:11 »
Hi everyone. First post.

I just beat the curator. (Great battle by the way)

The only thing is, I didn't get any key cards or key items for winning the battle. A video I watched shows this happening but that may have been an earlier build and the items may be somewhere else?

I have an earlier save just outside Midgar luckily but would be nice to not have to replay the last few hours.

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: 2018-03-17 00:30:15 »
Hi everyone. First post.

I just beat the curator. (Great battle by the way)

The only thing is, I didn't get any key cards or key items for winning the battle. A video I watched shows this happening but that may have been an earlier build and the items may be somewhere else?

I have an earlier save just outside Midgar luckily but would be nice to not have to replay the last few hours.
in 1.5 the curator drops nothing, remember that in the "documentation" folder there is an excel file with all the drops from enemies in the game, use it if you have those kind of doubts (or you just want to know what monster as a good morph drop :v)

Quaquaversal

• View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: 2018-03-17 05:17:16 »
in 1.5 the curator drops nothing, remember that in the "documentation" folder there is an excel file with all the drops from enemies in the game, use it if you have those kind of doubts (or you just want to know what monster as a good morph drop :v)

Ok maybe "drops" isn't the correct term. I have already checked the excel files. The items in the video appear on screen after the battle has complete and the little animation of the curator being defeated happens and not in the drop screen. This didn't happen for me. But like I said originally, this might be correct, but I have know way of knowing.