Author Topic: [WIP]HQ Models for Unconverted STEAM/SE FF7 Rerelease  (Read 66892 times)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
This is a collection of Models and textures available through the Bootleg Installer and Kaldarasha's Unshaded Models Collection. This is for people who want to play ff7 using the character booster or Cloud Saves and can't convert their game to the 1998 version. It is my first project and it is a Work-In-Progress so, if you are using it, check back to see if there have been any additions.
Download HQModelsCLOUDPLAY2.2 HERE~84MB
*Smaller Add-on packs may be available below in the version history.

Optional Battle Scenes from EQ2Alyza~255MB (Full battle.lgp will total 1.2MB. Can fail in compiling if you don't have enough RAM)

Optional Battle Scenes from Magochocobo and Felix Lionhart HERE~500MB (Even worse on RAM and not as complete as EQ2Alyza's mod, but made-from scratch scenes)

English flevel if you downloaded the broken English Reworked I put up~100MB

Installation of these mods requires the use of a uLGP utilitylink is to .7 which won't overwrite data in a file, so you need to compile to a brand new lgp file and then move it where you need it for decoding and encoding the data. For instructions on unpacking and repacking the lgp files, please see the FAQ/Tutorial section--or do a search, our search function is precious, if it's working use it! The path for Steam FF7 data looks something like this: C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data

Please backup your original .lgp files before installing this mod.

Includes PRP/Unshaded models and some Avalanche Hi-Res textures. What I could get from a good bootleg selection is in these unencoded folders that contain lgp data. Data within the folder labeled "high" belongs in data/minigames/high-xx.lgp (xx=your language/region); the folder labeled "world" has data that belongs in the data/wm/world_xx.lgp (your lang./region);  "flevel" has data that belongs in data/field/flevel.lgp; Char belongs in data/field/char.lgp and the "battle" folder belongs to data/battle/battle.lgp. A detailed and specific tutorial will follow the addition of a few more features.

For the Battle Scenes Mod, the unpacked files need to be encoded into your battle.lgp.

Unfortunately, as of yet we can do nothing about the awful backgrounds without converting to the 1998 version. I'm shocked SE left them in this condition. I think the best bet (and it's a long shot) for this would be a good shader of some sort. I'm looking into it, but the lightbulb on that would likely come from someone else. Most likely there will be a wait.

Credits: Kaldarasha and his Unshaded Models Collection, which in turn credits a ton of people individually (like Squallff8) and also those that worked on the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project; Team Avalanche for their Hi-Res Overhaul; PitBrat for putting together and repairing a lot of the older models; Borde for Kimera and Aali for all kinds of tools and genius. Thanks, sincerely.
I want to stress that I didn't create any of the mods in this collection and have merely put the files in order for easier insertion to lgp files.

Version History:
1.1 Removed flevel directory for testing, repaired Cloud/Sephiroth closed eye (unrelated).
1.11 Updated world_us directory for incompatibility issues (looked good in spots but bad in others). Now includes only the field models.
1.12 Updated world_us data and changed to "world" for possible incompatibility issues with SP, GR, FR installs. Updated high-us data and changed to "high" for same reasons.
1.13 Updated battle data with new Cloud battle stance.
1.14 Updated battle data with final version of Cloud's battle stance.
2.0 Added flevel directory back, updated to current Unshaded Model Overhaul
2.1 Made the download smaller (Messed up and put conflicting files in, then lost track of them)
2.2 Made the download even smaller! (found the rest of the files!).

Sound add-on I tried: Drag and drop the contents of this collection of FinalFanTim's Looping OST Remastered files into your games data/music_ogg folder and overwrite everything for original music in near CD quality and good instruments that loop seamlessly as far as I tested them.

*The battle scene add-on is not for all systems. It creates a super bloated battle.lgp file. Wish it weren't so huge, but it works fine on my Steam install. It's very important to encode to a brand new lgp file when using uLGP .7 because it will NOT overwrite files in an already existing lgp file. So, for example:

Here I've manually typed in the destination lgp file to be encoded as C:\battle.lgp
Notice there isn't a file there that exists already.

Here the file has been encoded and appears in the C: directory, ready to be moved to the correct game data folder

And here I've replaced the original battle.lgp (notice I've renamed it battleBACKUP.lgp at the top of the list) with the newly encoded file.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-08 22:16:17 by Template »

Rirse

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/Rirse
Re: HQ Models and Textures for Unconverted STEAM/SE release
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-08 07:24:58 »
I tried it out just now and it looks great (again wish the backgrounds can be improved on, oh well), but encounter a issue where certain NPCs would cause giant white marks to appear on the screen. Example is when at Aeris' house, her mom would cause the white effect to appear when the camera is pointing down. Same with some kids at the church. Can't really tell if Cloud's eye is fixed since no camera in the game would focus on it while I was testing.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-08 07:35:00 »
Thanks for the report Rirse! I will test that scene and see if a reinstall of your Steam directory and ff7 is in order (it takes about 15 min and you lose no progress) or if we really do have a problem with the models.

I will keep the current version on the Original Post and begin labeling them for your comparison.

Edit: After testing, there is no issue with that scene, all the models in the package have been thoroughly tested, the tricky part is the lgp file unpacking, file sorting and re-encoding. I would suggest redownloading ff7 from steam (which doesn't take long) and redoing the modifications with the 1.11 pack. That'll give you a chance to include the Battle Scenes I've added to the Original Post. I've tested them and they work fine in game... wish we had the Team Avalanche Bombing Mission battle scenes but they were all in the wrong format.

I am still planning to write a tutorial for these mods but not today. There's already tutorials on lgp file manipulation, but I'll keep this one up to date with the collection. 
« Last Edit: 2013-07-08 12:14:26 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-08 07:48:32 »
Could you make some screenshots, please (First Windos key and then ctrl+print. Paste it in paint).
I also would like to know if the original chibi models could blink (closing the eyes while standing).

Rirse

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/Rirse
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-08 20:52:32 »
Think I know what happened. I put EVERYTHING in the mod in the char.lgp, not putting stuff for mini game into the proper files. Will fix that and see if the issues i was having are corrected.

scar233

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-09 06:35:30 »
screen turn black if in world map, but everything work fine in the other places.

I use your mod in FF7 2012  re-release.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-09 10:05:02 »
screen turn black if in world map, but everything work fine in the other places.

I use your mod in FF7 2012  re-release.

Hiya Scar,

I had issues with the world map with the initial release of this package. I had to reupload version 1.11 with a lot of world map stuff removed. Please restore your backup world_xx.lgp file and repack the files, if you haven't used the latest version. Hope that helps.

Edit: Having to look again at the game files that have versions for each language and I'm uploading a fixed version of the package (v1.12). The previous versions may cause incompatibilities for installs other than English. The package is designed to work with all of the languages. battle.lgp data and char.lgp data will remain unaffected by the new version.

With the files that have 4 versions (1 for each language) you need to dump the .lgp that goes with your language (ex. C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\minigames\high-sp.lgp) and add the files from the HQModels package to the dumped folder. For example, I installed in Spanish and I am about to do the world map textures. Using uLGP I dump the contents of world_sp.lgp to a folder (like C:\world) and then extract the files from the "world" folder in this package to c:\world, overwriting any files. I use uLGP to compile a new lgp file (C:\world_sp.lgp) and create a BACKUP of the original world_sp.lgp in my game directory's data\wm\ folder. Last I move the newly compiled file from C:\world_sp.lgp to that data\wm folder in my game directory.   
« Last Edit: 2013-07-09 17:43:45 by Template »

scar233

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-07-10 01:32:01 »
Hiya Scar,

I had issues with the world map with the initial release of this package. I had to reupload version 1.11 with a lot of world map stuff removed. Please restore your backup world_xx.lgp file and repack the files, if you haven't used the latest version. Hope that helps.

Edit: Having to look again at the game files that have versions for each language and I'm uploading a fixed version of the package (v1.12). The previous versions may cause incompatibilities for installs other than English. The package is designed to work with all of the languages. battle.lgp data and char.lgp data will remain unaffected by the new version.

With the files that have 4 versions (1 for each language) you need to dump the .lgp that goes with your language (ex. C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\minigames\high-sp.lgp) and add the files from the HQModels package to the dumped folder. For example, I installed in Spanish and I am about to do the world map textures. Using uLGP I dump the contents of world_sp.lgp to a folder (like C:\world) and then extract the files from the "world" folder in this package to c:\world, overwriting any files. I use uLGP to compile a new lgp file (C:\world_sp.lgp) and create a BACKUP of the original world_sp.lgp in my game directory's data\wm\ folder. Last I move the newly compiled file from C:\world_sp.lgp to that data\wm folder in my game directory.

Hi Template,

Thank you for your instructions in every detail. I will try the version 1.12.

I am a big FF7 fan from China, unfortunately, there is no offical Chinese language so far, but folk fans make the chinese translation PATCH, but the patch do not work with BOOTLEG or Aali's graphic mod. that's too bad.

I am just supposed to post a new thread to look for help, hoping that someone could help the chinese FF7 fans to make the CHS patch work for Bootleg or Aali's graphic mod, could you pls do me favor. Thank you in advance!

Template

• View Profile
Re: [WIP]HQ Models for Unconverted STEAM/SE FF7 Rerelease
« Reply #8 on: 2013-07-10 12:59:50 »
I do not understand why any of the mods contained in this package would not be compatible with this "CHS patch". :D I'm unfamiliar with the CHS patch, however, and I suppose it may be designed exclusively for the PSX emulated version or the Ultimate version? The Ultimate version is not supported here. If your game uses lgp files with the CHS patch, this group of mods should work after being encoded into the correct files.

Edit: K, I want to just be clear that Chinese users will most likely be playing in English, right? So my example in the above post was for Spanish, the English files would be world_us.lgp and high-us.lgp. Also, those 2 mods are completely the work of Kaldarasha. I have uploaded the picture files for a tutorial but writing it up is a painful chore. I am afraid it will cause more confusion than help.  :P
« Last Edit: 2013-07-11 03:23:31 by Template »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #9 on: 2013-07-10 18:29:15 »
CHS = Chinese Patch?

Apparently it is something rather difficult to find information about.  This is the closest I was able to find to something like what he is describing.  It may or may not be helpful.

http://zhongruige.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/final-ly-fantasy-vii-in-chinesepc-version/

scar233

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-07-12 00:03:56 »
I do not understand why any of the mods contained in this package would not be compatible with this "CHS patch". :D I'm unfamiliar with the CHS patch, however, and I suppose it may be designed exclusively for the PSX emulated version or the Ultimate version? The Ultimate version is not supported here. If your game uses lgp files with the CHS patch, this group of mods should work after being encoded into the correct files.

Edit: K, I want to just be clear that Chinese users will most likely be playing in English, right? So my example in the above post was for Spanish, the English files would be world_us.lgp and high-us.lgp. Also, those 2 mods are completely the work of Kaldarasha. I have uploaded the picture files for a tutorial but writing it up is a painful chore. I am afraid it will cause more confusion than help.  :P

CHS patch DO work if using LGP tools to make a battle. lgp、char.lgp mod(example:APZ's cloud graphic mod), but DO NOT work with the open screen mod, menu mod, transparent dialogue....besides the finger(finger on cloud's head) mod do not work, and the mods like the magic or screen HQ mod work with Aali's graphic DO NOT work with CHS patch.

If u would like to help, pls advise the way for me to send u the CHS patch, I will do it ASAP. thank you

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-07-13 21:47:29 »
Hey, in regards o the last line of the OP, are we sure that the music "loops seamlessly"? Because I played a few tracks in VLC and some of them loop terribly. "One Winged Angel" ends in the middle of the word "Sephiroth" (about 4 minutes in, even though the full track is supposed to be around 6 minutes) and goes back to the start. Or does the game take care of looping?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-07-14 01:36:43 »
Hey, in regards o the last line of the OP, are we sure that the music "loops seamlessly"? Because I played a few tracks in VLC and some of them loop terribly. "One Winged Angel" ends in the middle of the word "Sephiroth" (about 4 minutes in, even though the full track is supposed to be around 6 minutes) and goes back to the start. Or does the game take care of looping?

Pretty sure that's correct and as far as I've gone with them they work fine in game. Anyway I got them off the Big List of Mods and the download came from the end of the OSTRe release thread. What I thought was particularly convenient was that the filenames were already setup to just drag and drop the whole set into the unconverted ff7 music_ogg folder and rewrite everything. I'd be surprised if they didn't work correctly. After you get Aeris and are running through the Church the music worked correctly for me and that's been a long time. How do you know which is "One Winged Angel" and there are words spoken in the .ogg?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-14 01:47:04 by Template »

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-07-14 17:57:49 »
OWA is "lb2" (for Last Boss 2), and yes, it has words.

And playing it in VLC, it stops just as the chorus is chanting "Sephiroth", and like I said the run time seems too short by a couple minutes.

I noticed in the changelog that the author removed "lb2_awe" in the latest version... perhaps the files are linked in some way?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-07-15 13:20:31 »
Edit: Apparently obscene .GIF of Cloud's battle stance has been removed due to several bomb threats.

Download the full HQ Models collection v1.14 HERE

Download Cloud Battle Stance add-on HERE

Original Release Post for some instructions on how to install these. Tutorial still in the works.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 05:39:31 by Template »

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-07-15 21:32:22 »
. . .

What... the HECK is he doing with that sword handle?! XD

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013-07-17 07:41:11 »
What... the HECK is he doing with that sword handle?! XD
While I'll admit your observation is slightly amusing, I think it goes without saying a sword that big is already a pretty phallic symbol. Clearly the hands need a little work  :roll: 

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013-07-20 21:42:43 »
OWA is "lb2" (for Last Boss 2), and yes, it has words.

And playing it in VLC, it stops just as the chorus is chanting "Sephiroth", and like I said the run time seems too short by a couple minutes.

I noticed in the changelog that the author removed "lb2_awe" in the latest version... perhaps the files are linked in some way?

I'm wondering if the author set the loop point before the chorus comes in to avoid an issue and thus cut the track short to save space... I'm tempted to reset up STEAM to test it but I think I'll just wait until someone complains about it or says it works fine or something. It's a pain to have to rename all those files... 

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: 2013-07-20 22:11:58 »
When using these, I noticed Cloud's running away animation is slower than everyone else.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013-07-20 22:17:45 »
When using these, I noticed Cloud's running away animation is slower than everyone else.

Yay! More feedback please...
Kaldarasha did that particular alteration, though...  :-P

As a good introduction to Kimera.97 u can simply delete every other frame but that would be a pain in the butt. soooo... ill fix it and release a patch. I'm not sure if he intended to have all the run-away animations be slower like that once UMC main-characters are complete tho. Does it look bad or just different?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: 2013-07-20 23:21:32 »
Well the animation itself looks fine, but when the other 2 party members run away at normal animation speed, it sticks out and looks odd. If all ran with Cloud's new animation, it'd look good I think.

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013-07-21 04:14:22 »
Hi!

This mod doesn't work for me. I've replaced all the lgp files with the modded ones (compiled them with the "Highwind" tool). When I load any of my saves it looks fine at first, but then, if I exit to the next screen or enter a building, the screen just turns black and the game crashes, followed by a Windows dialog box: "Final Fantasy VII has stopped working". Really strange. Wonder what's wrong there.

Kind regards
Josh

EDIT:
Could that be because I installed the game under "C:\Program Files (x86)" ?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 04:24:36 by Acetrouble »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013-07-21 04:48:53 »
This mod doesn't work for me. I've replaced all the lgp files with the modded ones (compiled them with the "Highwind" tool).
Could that be because I installed the game under "C:\Program Files (x86)" ?
I think it doesn't matter where the game is installed unless you want to convert it to the old version. Highwind is outdated and probably is what is causing the problem.

I would suggest uLGP .5 GUI for packing and unpacking the lgp files.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013-07-21 05:00:44 »
*New* mini-update for the addition of a reworked Cloud Battle Stance animation.

Thanks to cmh175 for fixing the hands! ;D

Cloud Battle Stance v3 Final add-on is HERE for download

Full HQ Models CLOUD PLAY 1.14 is HERE for download
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 05:26:33 by Template »

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2013-07-21 05:29:26 »
I think it doesn't matter where the game is installed unless you want to convert it to the old version. Highwind is outdated and probably is what is causing the problem.

I would suggest uLGP .5 GUI for packing and unpacking the lgp files.

Okay, thanks I will try it again with uLGP .5 GUI.