Author Topic: ff7 release coincidence  (Read 5882 times)

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
ff7 release coincidence
« on: 2015-10-17 14:40:38 »
Anyone ever notice that ff7 had a few expansions and form a pattern. Advent children. Before crisis. Crisis core. Dirge of cerberous

AC BC CC DC

Ansem

• View Profile
Re: ff7 release coincidence
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-17 17:11:18 »
As I recall, Crisis Core largely got its name just so that pattern would be full..

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-17 17:41:23 »
Oh OK. Just thought thought it was really strange

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-19 08:06:36 »
As I recall, Crisis Core largely got its name just so that pattern would be full..

Shows what kind of minds we're dealing with.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-19 13:35:10 »
Shows what kind of minds we're dealing with.

Possibly yes, but I don't think the title of a game is that important compared to content. :P (of which Crisis Core had a serious shortage tbh)

I mean, we have a game that has a sappy title like Kingdom Hearts, but the game itself turned out alright. That is, until KH2 came and took a big dump on all the neat adventure elements. >.<

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-10-19 14:51:51 »
Was the formula for the Compilation’s titles, AC, BC, CC and DC, planned from the start?

Kitase: In order of release BC comes first, Advent Children was the first title we decided on.

Nomura: For BC’s title, Taba (Hajime Tabata: BC’s director) and Itou (Yukimasa Itou: BC’s producer) came to me saying they had a good idea. “How about linking with AC, and Before Christ (B.C.), and going with Before Crisis?” I just gave an nonchalant “sure, why not,” but I never thought it would end up being a formula (laughs). So, next we skipped C and went for DC. Then planning for CC suddenly began. Kitase came to my office one day and told me, “think of something” (laughs).

Kitase: That was how it all began. At then, we were thinking of a PSP port of BC. At the time, you could only play BC on NTT DoCoMo mobile phones, so we wanted to let a wider spectrum of players to have a chance to play it. So personally, I was planning releasing it on the PSP with basically the same graphics as the mobile phone version, even if we did fill in the story a bit. However, when I told Tetsu about this, I hadn’t realized at that time that that wouldn’t be enough (laughs).

Nomura: Since at first I was told it’s BC on the PSP, I thought of calling it “Before Crisis Core”. But at that time we’d already decided on having Zack as the main character, so we said, “since it’s going to be different from BC, we don’t need ‘Before’ in the title, do we?” So we took off the “Before”, and by chance it fitted the CC which we had skipped.

Kitase: When I saw the cut-scenes of the completed CC, the quality was good enough to release on the PS2, and I never expected it would be this good. With CC, I had only read part of the scenario when I worked on it, so when played up to the ending myself, as a consumer, I was moved, like “aah, so this is what Zack’s story was like…” (laughs). When I saw the ending, I though to myself, “all the titles have come together nicely. I’m glad we did the Compilation.
http://thelifestream.net/lifestream-projects/translations/2693/ffvii-10th-anniversary-discussion-p-8-to-13-of-the-ffvii-10th-anniversary-ultimania/

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: 2015-10-19 15:31:19 »
Looking forward to "Zelda's Cyst" lmao  :o

"FF Cosplay"
"Gee Celes..."
"Helium'n'Carbon"
"Innovative Call"
"Joke Call"

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-10-19 17:32:03 »
Huh? What's with EC? Emo Crisis... wait... This is FF7! :evil:

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-10-19 17:58:12 »
EC will no doubt be the remake. I'm sure they'll call it Emerging Cloud or something like that.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-10-19 18:02:17 »
EC will no doubt be the remake. I'm sure they'll call it Emerging Cloud or something like that.
It should be called Emo Cloud if they dare "remake" his personality along with everything else they're planning..

SuburbanKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2015-10-19 18:27:48 »

'Easy Cash'

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #11 on: 2015-10-19 20:24:17 »
Environment crisis. After shinra kills the planet