Author Topic: Braska's pilgrimage  (Read 3370 times)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Braska's pilgrimage
« on: 2009-12-08 05:10:07 »
it just me, or would a spinoff of ffx have been much more interesting if it followed braska's pilgrimage instead of yuna's angels. I know its touched upon a fair bit in FFX, but goin through the world as auron/jecht/braska i think would've been significantly more exciting.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Re: Braska's pilgrimage
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-08 05:59:45 »
it just me, or would a spinoff of ffx have been much more interesting if it followed braska's pilgrimage instead of yuna's angels. I know its touched upon a fair bit in FFX, but goin through the world as auron/jecht/braska i think would've been significantly more exciting.
You are exactly right. Desafortunadamente, Square-enix was not smart enough to consider this when making an ffx spinoff, and due to their terrible failure, I don't believe they're willing to take any more chances.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-08 08:14:23 »
Well, I don't consider ffx-2 to be a pure spin-off, but that doesn't mean it didn't fail imo. The braska thingy sounds cool. Though I wouldn't push square to make it.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-08 13:52:47 »
While I would love to play the Braska story (although you know it's coming with a sad ending).
I think that the issue wasn't who they followed as the main character, but rather their lack of attempt to make a storyline.

The entire game was basically side quests, with a peppering of plot. I think Yuna's story could have been a lot more interesting than they made it. I'll never forget my reaction at the end, when Tidus tells Yuna she looks different, and she responds something along the lines of, "Well a lot has happened while you were gone". I was just sitting there thinking "... Not really..."

I will say that I didn't dislike the game. At first I found it really annoying, because I kept waiting for the story to start. Then it dawned on me that wasn't going to happen. After that I was able to enjoy playing the side-quests for what they were.

The point being: I'm pretty sure I would have felt the same way about it if it had been Braska running around doing nothing but side quests until he sacraficed himself. While the potential is there for an amazing story, following Braska - the potential was there to create a great story for Yuna, they just didn't do it.