Author Topic: FF VIII - Cards HD Total Remake  (Read 9905 times)

Ironmad

• View Profile
FF VIII - Cards HD Total Remake
« on: 2016-05-22 21:10:18 »
So I just started doing this cause FF VIII is my fav game ever. I know about the "Tripod v1.1" by Mcindus.
Love that you made a remake but I just want the cards "my way" and not only filtered.

So this is a project I will be working on for some time now, starting from bottom monsters the Geezard. Know the spine is a bet messed up but I'm not finished either.

And Diablo today :)
« Last Edit: 2016-05-23 15:36:45 by Ironmad »

Aavock

• View Profile
Re: FF VIII - Cards HD Total Remake
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-23 03:02:28 »
Nice! I've been working on a similar project but got tired due to the fact that it is almost impossible to get a perfect monster match with the original card.

Here's the first serie (cards_0) I did last year if you want to take a look and compare:

Maybe we can team up and finish this thing! :mrgreen:

Ironmad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-25 15:03:26 »
Now then :D I've fixed some cards (won't reveal them yet) But this is how Geezard looks ingame and a version I made for the cards backside.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-25 16:12:12 »
Nice!

Ironmad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-25 19:37:19 »

« Last Edit: 2016-05-25 19:41:07 by Ironmad »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #5 on: 2019-09-10 21:08:17 »
Wow.  You know, your work on enemies themselves would be greatly appreciated.  Lunar Cry could use a facelift.  If you put your art on the actual enemies themselves, then we could simply screenshot them in a 3d renderer with some anti-aliasing and baked lighting and use them as the cards - two birds, one stone.

I really like your versions of the cards, and this would be a very cool version of Triple Triad. If you want textures to be 2048x2048 (tripod are currently 1024) then you can't use other tonberry mods that are only 1024.  I'm working on getting an 8x version of Lunatic Pandora up and running, but until then, know that 1024x1024 on the master atlas file will be your max resolution.

casquall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-09-10 21:20:30 »
Yes this is so damn cool, would love to see more!

The drawn aspect of it might also do wonders for the look of the cards.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-09-11 20:47:37 »
Wow.  You know, your work on enemies themselves would be greatly appreciated.  Lunar Cry could use a facelift.  If you put your art on the actual enemies themselves, then we could simply screenshot them in a 3d renderer with some anti-aliasing and baked lighting and use them as the cards - two birds, one stone.

Agree with mcindus dude you gotta team up,your work on the enemies would be impressive.

CYRU5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-09-11 22:18:42 »
Looking great!!! Are they for the 2013 version or for the 'remaster'?

As al alternative you should put a 'cartoon' filter on top of the 3D models to make them look like actual cards, what do you think?

Really looking forward for this release!!!

Ironmad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2019-09-18 05:14:18 »
Looking great!!! Are they for the 2013 version or for the 'remaster'?

As al alternative you should put a 'cartoon' filter on top of the 3D models to make them look like actual cards, what do you think?

Really looking forward for this release!!!

This was first started for the 2013 version but since I never had the time to finnish it, it just ran out in the sand. But this should work great both on the new and old version once it's done.

What I would realy like to see though is a 3D model viewer for the new remastered version. That Diablo card pic is like 7 preent screens and then I used some art skills to make it HD. Then used some filters to make it look more hand-drawn.

I used to have a 3D model viewer for the old version of the game but what stopped me there was that for some reason you could not see GF's that you never had a battle against in the game. So GF's you already owned or used Draw on were not accessible.

So I got realy excited once remasterad were announced and I saw in the trailer that the models I never were able to access had been remade/HD.
I hope that with an update on the 3D model viewer perhaps I could get access to Ifrit, Alexander, Eden :D ? Seriously! Does anyone have any info about this?
« Last Edit: 2019-09-18 05:23:52 by Ironmad »