Author Topic: Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8 [v.1-.7.6]  (Read 755980 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8 [v.1-.7.6]
« Reply #1350 on: 2009-09-10 00:57:50 »
When I try to use this driver, it says "Registry editing has been disabled by the user." How can I fix this?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: 2009-09-10 01:09:52 »
When I try to use this driver, it says "Registry editing has been disabled by the user." How can I fix this?

Someone has disabled registry editing on your computer. If you are not the owner of the pc ask the owner, if you are the owner u need to log into an administrator account

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1352 on: 2009-09-10 01:10:18 »

Someone has disabled registry editing on your computer. If you are not the owner of the pc ask the owner, if you are the owner u need to log into an administrator account
How do you enable it? I am the owner of it but I don't know how to enable it back.

Garland_Ilferet

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: 2009-09-10 05:35:50 »

How do you enable it? I am the owner of it but I don't know how to enable it back.

if it happened so sudden... that's mean your computer is attacked by virus... it happened once to me

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #1354 on: 2009-09-10 13:16:52 »
omnivorism...

This sounds like the description of my TechDemo Upload's @ YouTube^^

omnivorism

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: 2009-09-10 16:12:23 »
omnivorism...

This sounds like the description of my TechDemo Upload's @ YouTube^^

Yeah I think so.  Did i imagine the intro sequence from the ff7 "remake" trailer being inserted to the pc version of ff7 somewhere?
I found the character portraits somewhere, but the one for red XIII was different from the one i saw online.

I have ff7 with the  new drivers and character models working and it looks great.   Thanks for everyone's work to make this possible. It's a big improvement over the original.

I am only disappointed that ff9 was never released on pc and isnt getting the same treatment. I know its considered semi-blasphemous, but I prefer it to 7.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: 2009-09-10 16:14:50 »
I liked 9 myself. Cept the whole, gotta rush to get Excalibur 2.. that enraged me..

But yes the FF7 tech demo has been used for a new opening, it's somewhere in the game tweaking. look for "grimmy" and you'll find it.

they are of DVD source. i plan on making my own from blu-ray source, But first i need a blu-ray drive haha..

Plus i don't believe i can release as it falls under they new rule by halkun

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1357 on: 2009-09-10 22:43:31 »

if it happened so sudden... that's mean your computer is attacked by virus... it happened once to me
It was but i cleared it. I need to enable registry editing to run as administrator but it won't let me. Hmm.

SnEaKs

« Reply #1358 on: 2009-09-10 23:39:53 »
I've been trying to weed through all of the pages in this thread, but mostly everything just like blows over my head...so I'll just ask my question that I'm having trouble with...

I downloaded the PC edition for FF7, and I'm trying to figure out some way to play it in a window mode, I don't know if it's possible to do, or if there was, what is like the dummies guide to doing that...thanks in advance to anyone who has any knowledge on this.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 2009-09-10 23:41:03 »
I downloaded the PC edition for FF7

Ooooh, naughty naughty. You shouldn't have mentioned that :-D

SnEaKs

« Reply #1360 on: 2009-09-10 23:47:25 »

Meh..I lost my original copy of the PC game...and my PS cds have been scratched up for years...and I can't find a PC version of the game for a decent price anywhere. :(

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: 2009-09-10 23:51:40 »
I got mine off of ebay for like 40 bucks

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 2009-09-11 00:03:23 »

Meh..I lost my original copy of the PC game...and my PS cds have been scratched up for years...and I can't find a PC version of the game for a decent price anywhere. :(

Downloading the game is one thing, but telling everyone about it is another :-P

SnEaKs

« Reply #1363 on: 2009-09-11 00:05:01 »

I guess...but I heard that the Ultima edition was different from the retail...I didn't want to mess things up.  :|

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: 2009-09-11 00:09:15 »
I guess...but I heard that the Ultima edition was different from the retail...I didn't want to mess things up.  :|

I think that this driver isn't compatible with the Ultima edition. Actually I think it's designed to be incompatible with it.

Pfft, that's another mistake. You download the wrong version of the game and you tell us. :-D

SnEaKs

« Reply #1365 on: 2009-09-11 00:29:08 »

I think that this driver isn't compatible with the Ultima edition. Actually I think it's designed to be incompatible with it.

Pfft, that's another mistake. You download the wrong version of the game and you tell us. :-D

:( I know this now! I finally found the real one lol...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: 2009-09-11 01:05:11 »

Ultima edition isn't just different. It's completely garbage. The only thing worse would be to install Animevamp's xp patch on top of it.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 01:07:40 by Covarr »

SnEaKs

« Reply #1367 on: 2009-09-11 03:49:18 »

Ultima edition isn't just different. It's completely garbage. The only thing worse would be to install Animevamp's xp patch on top of it.

:( Well I got the real one installed now..lol

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: 2009-09-11 06:42:39 »
Wow.. question though?...
What is the difference of the Ultima and the Original? Besides the term "original"..I've seen the Original FFVII PC and Ultima in action and dont seem to notice any difference game wise..and to tell you frankly I know lot of guys here using Ultima with the MODS installed/patched quite nicely.

Back at Topic:
@Aali

I just wanted to know what are the best resolution size for your driver for example if I'm using 800x600?..

What are the best sizes should I go next?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: 2009-09-11 06:53:43 »
What is the difference of the Ultima and the Original? Besides the term "original"..I've seen the Original FFVII PC and Ultima in action and dont seem to notice any difference game wise..and to tell you frankly I know lot of guys here using Ultima with the MODS installed/patched quite nicely.

Back at Topic:
@Aali

I just wanted to know what are the best resolution size for your driver for example if I'm using 800x600?..

Whatever the normal resolution of your monitor is is what you should set the driver to. The driver will take care of the rest

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: 2009-09-11 06:57:23 »

Back at Topic:
@Aali

Whatever the normal resolution of your monitor is is what you should set the driver to. The driver will take care of the rest

Oh Hi sl1982!

umm...Let's say I want to use a higher resolution than the normal one? What would be the next best size? Especially if I'm using your MOD too...

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: 2009-09-11 06:59:01 »
i thought it was best to use a resolution in multiple of 640 x 480?

But from what they are saying, set it to whatever your default resolution is on your monitor (for a 22" widescreen it would be 1680 x 1050)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 2009-09-11 07:06:18 »
i thought it was best to use a resolution in multiple of 640 x 480?

But from what they are saying, set it to whatever your default resolution is on your monitor (for a 22" widescreen it would be 1680 x 1050)

Yeah, on my 15.4" laptop, the game looks best at 1280x800, the optimal resolution.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 2009-09-11 07:08:27 »
I noticed that on low spec PC's Aali's Driver can help in maintaining balance because when I used Team Avalanche GUI MOD. FFVII reacts weirdly.. I know that sl1982 said it didn't do Sh** but and would be a better combo. But I was tinkering around the forum and read somewhere about a prob of this guy who uses a win xp 32bit  and titeguy suggested lowering his OpenGL specs ( basically Aalis custom driver ). I experimented on that too and ...Voila!!

FFVII music was back on track..literally..its resuming like its supposed to and stopping when it needs to..And the lag which I get because of the new GUI was minimized greatly!...

I was just wonderin how the world did that happen?.. And of course my question regarding the best resolution to use was created....

Hopefully I get your answers from these..Thanks and have a good blessed day!..

*sounded like a nun..here..* bear with me :-D

Add:

I'm using laptop by the way...That's why I hate hellbringers PC so much!.. :evil: :roll:

Just kidding!

Qudeid

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 2009-09-11 07:10:59 »
I have another question here.

I was basically wondering what is still missing, or what has still to be done to the FF7 Driver? As it currently is 0.7.1.