Author Topic: [FF7PC]FF7 SYW "ArkTsukiVock" (v4) upscale : Battle, world map, fields, videos  (Read 188807 times)

Kronim

• View Profile
Hi Satsuki,

I love this mod. I've been using it with 7th heaven 2.0 and I don't think I can ever go back to Remako.

I want to use Reunion now, which doesn't support 7h, so I've been trying to install your mod without it but I'm having issues.
I unpacked the iro file for the fields mod with Ironite like you said, and it's left me with a folder called 'Fields'. Inside that folder are two subfolders called 'Field' and 'char's, which contain all the pngs. The issue I'm having is that I have no idea where to place any of these files in order to get the game to load the mod. I tried placing the field and chars folders into Steam > steamapps > common > FINAL FANTASY VII > mods > Textures, but that didn't work. I am running the game from the FF7.exe, not through Steam or 7h.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

e2zippo

• View Profile
Hi Satsuki,

I love this mod. I've been using it with 7th heaven 2.0 and I don't think I can ever go back to Remako.

I want to use Reunion now, which doesn't support 7h, so I've been trying to install your mod without it but I'm having issues.
I unpacked the iro file for the fields mod with Ironite like you said, and it's left me with a folder called 'Fields'. Inside that folder are two subfolders called 'Field' and 'char's, which contain all the pngs. The issue I'm having is that I have no idea where to place any of these files in order to get the game to load the mod. I tried placing the field and chars folders into Steam > steamapps > common > FINAL FANTASY VII > mods > Textures, but that didn't work. I am running the game from the FF7.exe, not through Steam or 7h.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I'm using Reunion and satsukis textures. Here's how you should set it up.

Extraxt all png's from the .iro files.
Then create a folder in The_Reunion\CUSTOM called satsuki, then a folder called texture.
Put all extracted png's in that folder.

You should get a folder structure that looks like this.

Then in options.ini in the The_Reunion folder you specify satsuki (same as folder name in CUSTOM) as custom mod, like this.

And you're set!
« Last Edit: 2020-03-27 14:01:50 by e2zippo »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Magic textures seem bring some micro stutters during casts, is it something that can be considered normal, or is there some issue with them?

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
is your 60fps mod enabled?

Agravaile

• View Profile
Yes, it is. Are they incompatible?

oblongsausage

• View Profile
I'm using Reunion and satsukis textures. Here's how you should set it up.

Extraxt all png's from the .iro files.
Then create a folder in The_Reunion\CUSTOM called satsuki, then a folder called texture.
Put all extracted png's in that folder.

You should get a folder structure that looks like this.

Then in options.ini in the The_Reunion folder you specify satsuki (same as folder name in CUSTOM) as custom mod, like this.

And you're set!

Can you show me what your magic folder looks like? Is there an "ff7" subfolder in there, and are you getting all textures to load correctly with Reunion? I had to move all of the seteffect files directly into the battle folder to get them to work with Reunion, which isn't the original structure from the iro files.

usb

• View Profile
Can you show me what your magic folder looks like? Is there an "ff7" subfolder in there, and are you getting all textures to load correctly with Reunion? I had to move all of the seteffect files directly into the battle folder to get them to work with Reunion, which isn't the original structure from the iro files.
it's right. With one of the latest update in reunion the seffect* and rain* go to battle folder. Inside texture\magic shouldbe  a ff7 folder and other pngs without folder (the first is 005_00.png)

oblongsausage

• View Profile
it's right. With one of the latest update in reunion the seffect* and rain* go to battle folder. Inside texture\magic shouldbe  a ff7 folder and other pngs without folder (the first is 005_00.png)

BahamutSIN

• View Profile

I don't get it. Some magic textures don't load... What files should be in the ff7 folder? Just folders called blue, limit, limit2, limit3, magic, special, summon, weapon... and their subfolders containing pngs inside them?

Because I have it setup this way and thunder spell (for example) is still not loading properly. But ice and fire spells do load properly.

Agravaile

• View Profile
This tutorial for magic upscale is specifically for Reunion mod, though i hope it may be of some use to you. While using Reunion mod, this is what i do in order to get them to work correctly with reunion:

Magic textures will be read from "New_Translation" folder, and inside it, there is a "textures" folder, that's where you put "battle" and "magic" folders which are the textures you need. All of the rain, seffect, etc pngs have to be in battle folder, and a lot of subfolders (like limit, summon, spell) with a lot of pngs have to be inside "magic" folder in order to work.

(eg. rain7_00, seffect1_00)
                                                                                                                         /->battle (folder with 82 pngs)
so... it should be like this: The_Reunion -> BASE -> New_Translation -> texture ->
                                                                                                                         /->magic (folder with 8 subfolders and 1299 pngs)
                                                                                                                              (e.g: blue, limit, summon) (e.g: a1_00, a2_00)

Hope it helped. Do note, that magic textures provide some microstutters during casts, at least that's what it did for me, so you'll have 1-2 seconds freeze whenever you cast a heavy spell, especially summons.

As DLPB stated, enabling texture compression in Options.ini seem to alleviate the stuttering problem, though not completely fix it as heavy stutters seem to be present once, on the first load, after the area completely loads, stutter will be no longer present until you reach a new area.

Hope it helped :D

Edit: Oh, i didn't notice you were actually looking for help with Reunion. Then i guess, this will help you 100% since it works for me no problem.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 00:43:33 by Agravaile »

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
Agravaile, this is such a well made and clear reply. Much appreciated, your method actually worked. Thanks!

Other issues still occur for me, like random crashes but that's probably because of Reunion. 

Agravaile

• View Profile
Nice, you're welcome! Glad i could be of help. If you're suspecting crashes that involves reunion, see the Reunion database to know if there is a fix or not. Also, make sure you're using either latest version of Reunion which is R06d, or Hotfix11 if you're currently on R06c.

Also, another advice i can give to avoid crashes, is to set texture cache size in Options.ini to 1024. If crashes still occur after that, you can also use CFF explorer to modify your exe to use 2GB memory, that way, you can now set 2048 texture cache size in Option.ini file. But that is very optional, since 1024 should be more than enough.

Do note, that texture cache size does not fix the crashes entirely, but do alleviate the problem to nonexistent since the larger cache size is, the fewer crashes occur, as far as i know, at least.

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
Ok I'll try resizing the the cache, could be a good solution and I'll have a look in the the database too.

Been playing for 30 minutes so far..no crashes. But I'll keep on saving game at every opportunity just in case lol.

Agravaile

• View Profile
Also, another advice for the future that, if you happen to use some mods that are located inside BASE folder, make sure to back them up if you're upgrading Reunion version, since the installer basically deletes and reinstates BASE folder again. Because of that, make sure to back up the things you've put in there, before upgrading the version.

For example, your magics textures are currently installed in the BASE folder, so make sure to back them up, before making changes and after upgrading, putting them back again.

e2zippo

• View Profile
This tutorial for magic upscale is specifically for Reunion mod, though i hope it may be of some use to you. While using Reunion mod, this is what i do in order to get them to work correctly with reunion:

Magic textures will be read from "New_Translation" folder, and inside it, there is a "textures" folder, that's where you put "battle" and "magic" folders which are the textures you need. All of the rain, seffect, etc pngs have to be in battle folder, and a lot of subfolders (like limit, summon, spell) with a lot of pngs have to be inside "magic" folder in order to work.

so... it should be like this: The_Reunion -> BASE -> New_Translation -> texture ->

Hope it helped. Do note, that magic textures provide some microstutters during casts, at least that's what it did for me, so you'll have 1-2 seconds freeze whenever you cast a heavy spell, especially summons.

As DLPB stated, enabling texture compression in Options.ini seem to alleviate the stuttering problem, though not completely fix it as heavy stutters seem to be present once, on the first load, after the area completely loads, stutter will be no longer present until you reach a new area.

Hope it helped :D

Edit: Oh, i didn't notice you were actually looking for help with Reunion. Then i guess, this will help you 100% since it works for me no problem.

Hey! Thanks for the nice explanation, however my folder structure doesn't look like that, I have all of satsukis textures in FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\satsuki\Texture, even the battle and magic folder and I think everything works? We're talking about magic effects, like when you cast ice/fire/poison etc when in battle right?

All my seffect files are in this folder: \FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\satsuki\Texture
I don't have any magic or battle folder in FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\texture

Now I'm confused, I have to see if my effects are the upscaled versions or not!

Just to make sure, when you extract satsukis .iro files, is the folder structure wrong to be used with Reunion? Because I kept that folder structure intact.

Sorry for hijacking the thread satsuki!

« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 09:05:47 by e2zippo »

Agravaile

• View Profile
You can put both battle (effects) and magic (spells) folders either in BASE or in CUSTOM, no need to split them between the two. If you don't have either of those folders inside textures folder, then it's fine, just paste them inside textures folder and it should work fine.

Again, in my previous post is the directory tree how everything should look, so try to read it carefully and follow it accordingly, i've even written the amount of files in each folder so you can have better idea to what to do next.

Keep in mind one important thing, that if you put something in CUSTOM folder, and folder has name, you need to write it down in Options.ini as a mod_ID. So in your case, in options.ini folder satsuki should registered as Mod ID, do not forget that. But if you paste the files inside BASE, there's no need to make any changes in Options.ini.

If you paste inside the BASE folder, it's like you're planning to keep it there permanently.

Let's just assume you plan to keep them inside your BASE folder, then it should be like this:
FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\texture - in this folder put your battle and magic folders.

If you plan to paste them in CUSTOM folder, then what you do is:
FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\Custom\*YOUR MOD NAME*\texture - in this folder put your battle and magic folders
(And after that, you go into Options.ini and paste *YOUR MOD NAME* in Mod_ID section which is by default set to "NONE"

Again, how your battle and magic folders should look:

texture ->

Edit: btw it's okay to be confused, took me a while to figure it out.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 09:35:34 by Agravaile »

e2zippo

• View Profile
I know about putting mod id in options.ini, if you check my post a little earlier, i'm using satsuki as mod id.
And I have battle and magic folders inside the texture folder in CUSTOM, since I don't want it to be deleted every time I upgrade Reunion.

Like I said earlier, I do think I have everything working (have to double check) I just thought that battle and magic effects could only be read from FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\texture from your post, I guess that's not the case.

Thanks though! :)

Agravaile

• View Profile
No-no, of course they can be read no problem from either BASE or CUSTOM, so if you followed my steps, you do have your magic upscales working 100%.

It's a bit easier for me to manage BASE folder, and i kinda got used to it, of course, the best case scenario is using CUSTOM folder.

Glad i could help.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 09:42:21 by Agravaile »

e2zippo

• View Profile
Just played an hour, and it does seem like I'm missing some effects, a couple of them are very pixelated.

But my folder structure doesn't look like yours, for instance, my battle folder (FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\satsuki\Texture\battle) contains 584 png files named STAGE01_T00_00.png, STAGE01_T01_00 etc.

And my magic folder (FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\satsuki\Texture\magic)   has 1523 png files in the root folder named alex, atomic, bakyu etc, and in that magic folder there's a sub folder called ff7 that has several more sub folders.
FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\satsuki\Texture\magic\ff7\data\battle\
and in that folder i have those 8 sub folders you mentioned, but I have 1334 files instead of 1299.

And those seffect files are in \FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\satsuki\Texture.

Again, this in the folder structure as it is when extracted from satsukis .iro files. I'm guessing I can't use that folder structure?

Agravaile

• View Profile
ff7/data/battle, so battle is the folder you are looking for which has the effects inside it. Paste that battle folder into texture folder.
The same case with magic folder i believe. If it's located in ff7/data/, then move magic folder from the into textures folder.

I mean, with the permission of Satsuki, i can, perhaps, provide a zip with all the extracted files from the iro in correct directories to make it easier for you.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 13:45:17 by Agravaile »

e2zippo

• View Profile
ff7/data/battle, so battle is the folder you are looking for which has the effects inside it. Paste that battle folder into texture folder.
The same case with magic folder i believe. If it's located in ff7/data/, then move magic folder from the into textures folder.

I mean, with the permission of Satsuki, i can, perhaps, provide a zip with all the extracted files from the iro in correct directories to make it easier for you.

That would be awesome, thanks!

Agravaile

• View Profile
Awaiting Satsuki's permission then for the upload here.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Of course do it.
My pack are for 7h use at first.
If reunion d'ont use the same exact folder structure, it may miss some files.

In some time if all that is unified structure, i'll do a proper release

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Big update today :

I added a all in package with extras (fields, battle, magics, world, minigames, menu special fonts...) in DDS format, way lighter (2.3go for full pack) and faster loading than classic png version
I recommand you use the full pack dds version (+movie pack if needed), you'll need ffnx driver instead of aali : https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/releases

Replaced by pack builder
« Last Edit: 2020-04-10 07:02:02 by satsuki »