Author Topic: You must be licking someone's balls!  (Read 4088 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
You must be licking someone's balls!
« on: 2010-04-21 20:27:23 »
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-ipad-ipod-iphone-fanboy,10198.html

The hostile media phenomenon is rampant on the intertubes, especially video game fans, so I thought this article was very interesting. :)

I'm going to leave now...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Re: You must be licking someone's balls!
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-21 20:53:46 »
You see this kind of behavior everywhere. You'll be hard pressed to find somebody who doesn't view at least one issue with extreme bias.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-21 21:49:10 »
Kudistos, Shouldn't you be under a pile of books? NO SLACKING OFF (sorry you asked us to ;)). Yeah I don't understand how there can be so many mac fanboys there only 10% of the market geez.

P.S Completely unrelated sorta. I going to japan soon (june~ish or july). I can't wait to see if there PC or MAC amongst other things...

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-21 23:10:27 »
GET BACK TO WORK MOTHERFUCKER!

That being said.  I like to consider myself relatively unbiased in the computer market.  I have my preferences, and I can back up why I prefer X Y or Z, but when it comes down to it, 9 times out of 10, I'm just as effective on any machine.

I, personally, prefer apple-built hardware because it just lasts forever in my experience.  I mean, right next to me, I have an iMac G4 that I use as a media center that was HORRIBLY abused by both my family, and the secret service, and it still runs beautifully (save for the dead backlight on the screen).  Well worth the extra money.

As far as an OS, I choose OS X over Windows due to the UNIX base, and OS X over Linux, because of the way that programs are managed (an OS X .app is just a folder with an extension, it's really just a container), I find it much easier than Linux's "Executables everywhere" approach, and Windows's Registry system

Well, there's that, and as far as the OS X/Linux things go.  I also just like some OS X apps better (for example, OS X's Adium is better than Linux's/Windows's Pidgin, which it is built off of)

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-22 03:13:45 »
P.S Completely unrelated sorta. I going to japan soon (june~ish or july). I can't wait to see if there PC or MAC amongst other things...
I assume Tokyo? If so check out the Apple Store in Shibuya... It's almost identical to the ones here in the West (making it pretty pointless to check out  :D But anyway, in all seriousness, in Akihabara you'll find plenty of stores selling Macs but far more PC's. Given that you post here I assume you will be going to Akiba so you'll need my guide to Akihabara  ;D http://therage800.livejournal.com/2162.html

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2010-04-22 03:35:40 »
I assume Tokyo? If so check out the Apple Store in Shibuya... It's almost identical to the ones here in the West (making it pretty pointless to check out  :D But anyway, in all seriousness, in Akihabara you'll find plenty of stores selling Macs but far more PC's. Given that you post here I assume you will be going to Akiba so you'll need my guide to Akihabara  ;D http://therage800.livejournal.com/2162.html

I kind of find that surprising. I was under the impression that not many Japanese families own computers. At least, a smaller percentage of the population compared to that of the US or Europe.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #6 on: 2010-04-22 03:46:34 »
Well I haven't been in a whole lot of Japanese homes.... However, all my Japanese friends have there own computer, AFIK. That however is only my experience. Plus if you go to a Yodobashi Camera or a Bic Camera (Large chain electronic stores) you'll find tons of computers and accessories. PC's and Macs.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-22 03:53:00 by therage800 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-04-29 10:55:51 »
I was always under the impression that most Japanese people owned computers as well. I don't mean this in an "all Asians are good with technology and have speaking toilets" kind of way, but in an "Eastern societies are not held back so much by the ridiculous technophobia we have in the West that leads to some people being proud of not understanding technology" kind of way. Wait, maybe that's the same thing ::)

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-30 06:20:17 »
But not being afraid of technology and being good with technology are two different things  ;)

On a side not; talking toilets are probably the one thing I didn't see in Japan. Although, speaking of Japanese toilets, never mind, I'm not going there. :D