Author Topic: [Poll] 7th Heaven Difficulty Mods  (Read 12677 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
[Poll] 7th Heaven Difficulty Mods
« on: 2015-02-25 06:57:51 »
When I compiled the first version of the 7H Catalog, I thought including every difficulty mod was a good idea. The more, the better right? Ugh, I hate myself for thinking this. Since then, we've had Red Werewolf, WereXIII, and Reunion "Beacause" that requires a patch to the scene look-up table between said mods and EVERY difficulty mod in the Catalog. Since there are 32 options in the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story categoy, this means I have a lot of work ahead of me. Renion "Beacause" doesn't end at one patch either, since it has multiple options (American English, Incorrect xxx Names, Series Canon) that I believe will need their own separate patches.

I am wanting to take a poll to get an idea on what difficulty mods are actually used, that way if some aren't used, then it can save me some work by scrapping them from the Catalog. If you could please list which mods you have played or would considering playing and want to see remain in the Catalog:

Aerith Revival
Hardcore
Harder Items 15%
Harder Items 30%
Level 1 Challenge
Lost Wing
New Threat
Nightmare 7
Reasonable Difficulty
Scene Redux
Super Boss Rush

A couple notes to consider.

1) Nightmare 7 is only completed up to "the beginning of Disc 2." Not really sure how far into Disc 2 it goes, but I do know Disc 3 is untouched and will only play as gjoerulev's Hardcore mod. Tenko has also stated that "work is basically abandoned" on it.

2) Lost Wing still has bugs, but appears to be abandoned as well.

3) Harder Items, Reasonable Difficulty, Scene Redux...who actually ever plays these?

This would be my list to vote:

Aerith Revival - I will never play it because of how lore-breaking it is, but I understand it's a fan favorite.
Hardcore - My YT series is based on this, and it's the most complete gameplay mod we have.
Harder Items 30% - Can provide a slightly harder difficulty for casuals.
Level 1 Challenge - Very common challenge among RPG/Adventure games.
New Threat - Shaping up to be a great overall gameplay mod, and it's continually updated.
Super Boss Rush - A unique arena challenge that reminds me of the super boss arena from FFX.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Re: [Poll] 7th Heaven Difficulty Mods
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-25 07:45:39 »
For me :

Hardcore : always played it and love it !
NT Mod : Will give a try, but sure it will become a super great mod :D
Aerith revival : Never tried. It's impossible to combine an hardcore mod game with aerith in your team for example ?
Super boss rush: WILL try it, seems fun !

So, I would like to have in the catalog : Hardcore mod, NT mod and superboss rush :)

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-25 08:52:07 »
Hardxcore and nt mod for me :p
Could you give the date for the update to the nt1.3  in the catalog or you still don't lnow when it will come?

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-25 10:53:19 »
Hardcore and NT mod for sure.
Then it is debatable if Nightmare 7 should be added, since it will not be finished.

Possibly the Weapon mode from DLPB when it will be more complete.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-02-25 14:27:29 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:25:24 by dkma841 »

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-02-25 16:05:45 »
NT Mod sounds easy so..

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2015-02-25 23:01:35 »
Possibly the Weapon mode from DLPB when it will be more complete.

Yeah, it's definitely a possibility. Dan normally does a good job with his work, so I'll look into it when it's released.

The New Threat mod is kinda equivalent to Reasonable Difficulty mod but much more improved and better
Tried the Harder Items ones too and the 15% one not really a huge difference the 30% is more challenging and more fun so maybe scrap the 15%?
Super Boss Rush is really fun, cool and unique
Lost Wing i tried on PS1 copy long time ago not sure if it's the same as the PC one but it's another great difficulty mod
Nightmare 7 only Disc 1 sadly and don't think they would do a Disc 2/3 ever so not sure about this one..

I think NT's difficulty comes in strategy and pacing rather than stat boosts. Strategy is the most difficulty thing to balance and nail for a turn-based RPG, so I really feel it's shaping up to be the best mod for difficulty and gameplay we'll have.

I was thinking the same thing. Scrap 15% and only keep 30% for casuals.

I can keep Lost Wing, I just get a sense it's shadowed by Hardcore and NT.

Having an incomplete mod that is now abandoned makes the Catalog feel...sloppy? I guess I just don't want to deal with any future Q&A on it lol

NT Mod sounds easy so..

Hardly easy, but manageable once you put your brain to the task for figuring out the new scripts and enemy AI.

Riketz Karlom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-03-22 02:19:14 »
Not sure how much say I have as a newcomer/lurker, but New Threat is probably the best gameplay mod I've ever played. It rivals FF6's Return of the Dark Sorceror in terms of customized content, and the difficulty aspect completely shys away from being too RNG dependent. That is a very rare commodity when it comes to well paced turn based RPGs.

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-04-05 19:18:09 »

The New Threat and Level 1 would be of most interest
I tried playing the Lvl 1 but it has replaced bosses with regular enemies, I presume to avoid XP gain. Did I install this incorrectly or is this intentional?  Does anyone know about this .exe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqPdIUyt4io

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-07-21 12:19:22 »
I've only used New Threat and Gjoerulv's hardcore mod. Though I can see the appeal of Aerith revival, and the arena one you described sounds interesting!