Author Topic: Tool Tutorials?  (Read 3692 times)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Tool Tutorials?
« on: 2013-07-10 05:57:13 »
Do we have tutorials for any of the tools anywhere; or has anyone made any?  I imagine that we're not only going to get a heightened interest in people who want to play modded 7, but also people that will be interested in making their own mods as well.  It seems like dozens of members have explained the same thing to so many people so many times that if some tutorials existed, it could make things easier on everyone.  I can only imagine how many posts would have been made in the past few days if not for Alyza's Bootleg Tutorial 0_0

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Tool Tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-10 06:49:49 »
I would like to make a Kimera tutorial ... I currently working on Vincent and will need every skill and technique I have. So it might be a good time to make one.
It would be only basic explanation and demonstration of the editing tools. Well, I guess pCreator, bitrun and Image2tex are needed as well... I will see how it turns out.

Someone should make a tutorial of Makou Reaktor. It's a mighty tool and with WallMarket, White Chocobo and ProudClod you can edit nearly every aspect of FF7.

A tutorial of ProudClod would be f*ck*ng awesome, because editing the enemy AI with only these hex values (8F, 01, etc.) is pretty hard. Specially if you are someone, who do not know what they do, like me.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-10 18:03:11 »
Yeah those were basically my thoughts.  I would consider helping out by doing some of these, but truth is I'm extremely rusty and I never mastered these programs to begin with **looks at their threads** I don't even have the most up to date versions  :| Some like WhiteChocobo would be relatively simple to explain, but ProudClod...phew...that'd be rough.

I think WallMarket is a good tool for new modders to learn how the process works...save for the fact that you can majorly mess things up if you don't know what you're doing ^_^

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-14 22:58:47 »
Well, if you guys need someone to make a tutorial series on Proud Clod I could maybe give it a go. I've been working with Proud Clod solid the last couple of months so I know the ins and outs of it (and how goddamn temperamental it can be, especially the AI Editing; that thing is a minefield).

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-15 14:33:04 »
(and how goddamn temperamental it can be, especially the AI Editing; that thing is a minefield).

I'd say forget that and wait for the remake. PrC sucks as it is and doesn't always work correctly. The only reason people use it is because there's no alternative. I can't make AI editing any easier because I have no idea how to write a compiler. I can say AI editing will be MUCH easier in PrCMDI.

A WallMarket tutorial may not be necessary. It's pretty straightforward (I think) if you actually look at the readme.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-15 14:50:39 »
Black chocobo has a user guide. it just needs to be updated really bad for things like how cloud saves work , and some of the progress stuff. one day i will update it when i get a chance.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-15 18:33:57 »
I'd say forget that and wait for the remake. PrC sucks as it is and doesn't always work correctly. The only reason people use it is because there's no alternative. I can't make AI editing any easier because I have no idea how to write a compiler. I can say AI editing will be MUCH easier in PrCMDI.

Fair enough. So there is going to be an update for it? That's good news. The AI editing in the current version does work it just needs to be done nice and slow is all. I wouldn't say it 'sucks' though, it's a great program; just a bit wild sometimes.