Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4883693 times)

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4275 on: 2016-10-11 10:36:18 »
Will the IRO have the new Dark Cave in it as well? Looking forward to playing it again. You've done an outstanding job.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: 2016-10-11 10:41:36 »
It will, yeah; bear in mind that DK is still in prototype though.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: 2016-10-11 12:10:44 »
hey sega chief

cloud and barret dissappear for me to at the start of the dark cave sidequest as well

i have all the latest patches installed
« Last Edit: 2016-10-11 12:23:48 by Zara9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: 2016-10-11 12:30:57 »
It must be this Disc Check thing not reliably swapping to Disc 1 properly; let me take another look at it.

Edit: Figured it out, I moved it because it caused a black flicker on-screen when executed in the script but it doesn't activate at all in its new location.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-11 12:35:07 by Sega Chief »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: 2016-10-11 12:37:45 »
hey

are you gonna upload another patch then sega chief

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2016-10-11 13:08:29 by Sega Chief »

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: 2016-10-11 15:12:28 »
Hey, I'm gonna give this mod a second playthrough now that it is in 1.4, and I was wondering whether all the hotfixes are applied to the current main installer. Great job on the mod Sega, and I hope that dark cave is fun and challenging.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: 2016-10-11 15:57:17 »
The balancing in Dark Cave will be quite rough-shod, and the second half of the scenario is a little threadbare at the moment (it can be completed for the key items to use for Ult weapons and some unique armour drops like Mystile though).

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: 2016-10-11 16:15:23 »
Okay, so I started a new playthrough and encountered a weird glitch. The beeping noise in the first reactor persisted throughout, and even continued onto the train segment and past that. It was playing another layer of the beeping as it was "doubled" in sections the beeping was supposed to occur. It also persisted through FMV's. No idea why this glitch arose, I'm not running the Dark Cave patch, and only installed using the main installer. I had random encounters off, and had no way to get into an encounter until next reactor. I fixed it by turning the game off at the next save point (which was after the train segment)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: 2016-10-11 17:29:55 »
Okay, so I started a new playthrough and encountered a weird glitch. The beeping noise in the first reactor persisted throughout, and even continued onto the train segment and past that. It was playing another layer of the beeping as it was "doubled" in sections the beeping was supposed to occur. It also persisted through FMV's. No idea why this glitch arose, I'm not running the Dark Cave patch, and only installed using the main installer. I had random encounters off, and had no way to get into an encounter until next reactor. I fixed it by turning the game off at the next save point (which was after the train segment)

Maybe interference from the DK scripts; some sound editing was done in there to get things onto separate channels. I'll get that repaired ASAP.

Purazis

• View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: 2016-10-11 21:08:31 »
Is there any way to know if an enemy is inflicted by dual-drain status, or if it's immune to it, for that matter ? I've killed two of them extra fast on lower-left path compared to the one pre-split, but i didn't use Flare on the pre-split, so i'm not sure if Sega was messing with HP and forgot to change back (that happened to Elena in the past, according to himself), if it's dual-drain working its magic or if it's intended, as the steal spreadsheet has the lower-left tonberry with morph/steal/drop swapped around.

On another note, i've read about steal being insanely hard on North Crater enemies due to the steal formula. Out of curiosity, what are the odds of getting a steal without gloves on a level 99 as i don't know their level and it's obviously above 99 ?

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: 2016-10-11 21:24:16 »
So I just finished the Dark Cave sidequest and ran into some small issues. When fighting Spectral Hojo, the game temporarily freezes. I noticed it happened as it was rendering itself invisible, and the game eventually worked itself out after a few seconds. As well as this, the song played during the fight would repeat a few seconds over and over again, but it also worked itself out. After defeating it, the boss is still seen inside the tube where it is fought, but it only shows once the screen used to interact with the boss is exited. A little farther into the quest when climbing down the vine used to enter the Shinra building, it is actually invisible, but it suddenly appears once reaching the very bottom. Although these things happened, I still thoroughly enjoyed the sidequest. By the way, where did the design for Mirage come from???? Is that entirely new or is it a combination of different boss designs?? I don't think I ever saw a monster like that in the game. It surprised me when I first saw it!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: 2016-10-11 23:45:28 »
Is there any way to know if an enemy is inflicted by dual-drain status, or if it's immune to it, for that matter ? I've killed two of them extra fast on lower-left path compared to the one pre-split, but i didn't use Flare on the pre-split, so i'm not sure if Sega was messing with HP and forgot to change back (that happened to Elena in the past, according to himself), if it's dual-drain working its magic or if it's intended, as the steal spreadsheet has the lower-left tonberry with morph/steal/drop swapped around.

On another note, i've read about steal being insanely hard on North Crater enemies due to the steal formula. Out of curiosity, what are the odds of getting a steal without gloves on a level 99 as i don't know their level and it's obviously above 99 ?

Dual-Drain has no visual indicator, unfortunately. It can be tracked via Sense but that's no use against anything with 30,000+ HP; all enemies down there should have their correct HP values. Master Tonberry has had differing item lists in the past due to a mistake, I'm in the process of revising these lists using BlackMage's spreadsheet, updating it as I go.

The thing with the steal is that the AI has a script to use Lv.44 for damage formulas on characters which also affects Steal formulas. It's something I need to address, but not sure how yet.

So I just finished the Dark Cave sidequest and ran into some small issues. When fighting Spectral Hojo, the game temporarily freezes. I noticed it happened as it was rendering itself invisible, and the game eventually worked itself out after a few seconds. As well as this, the song played during the fight would repeat a few seconds over and over again, but it also worked itself out. After defeating it, the boss is still seen inside the tube where it is fought, but it only shows once the screen used to interact with the boss is exited. A little farther into the quest when climbing down the vine used to enter the Shinra building, it is actually invisible, but it suddenly appears once reaching the very bottom. Although these things happened, I still thoroughly enjoyed the sidequest. By the way, where did the design for Mirage come from???? Is that entirely new or is it a combination of different boss designs?? I don't think I ever saw a monster like that in the game. It surprised me when I first saw it!

That fight is a little odd due to the scripts; I'll have a shot at restructuring them to prevent that temporary hanging. The wire disappearing is something I think I've figured out, but not tested the fix yet.

Mirage might be a bit more recognisable if viewed upside-down :3

Edit: Patch is up to fix that sound issues in Reactor No.1 with SFX + wrong music. I also went ahead and made the alarm stop when you leave that screen after setting the bomb; it was kinda annoying.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-12 01:31:13 by Sega Chief »

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: 2016-10-12 22:35:52 »
Been playing the Dark Cave sidequest myself. Working fine until I get to the Proud Clod lookalike boss. Every time I enter the battle I get an "Unknown error has occured" messages and the game closes. Downloaded it today using the links on the first page.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: 2016-10-13 00:23:39 »
It's the battle.lgp; the hotfixes don't have that in there, but it's needed for new battle-models. It's patched in the Main Installer download, but not the individual patches.

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4290 on: 2016-10-13 01:56:29 »
Oh derp. Had a feeling I had missed something. Defeated that boss and I'm assuming that's the end of the sidequest (for now at least).

EDIT: Forgot to mention this. That boss has no music playing when I fought it, that intentional or have I missed something again?
« Last Edit: 2016-10-13 01:58:40 by SunnyD »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: 2016-10-13 13:23:40 »
Prob an oversight on my part; I'd set the condor minigame music to play for that fight, but I guess it didn't trigger for some reason.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: 2016-10-13 23:54:02 »
Back again to give my thoughts and bug reports on the Dark Cave sidequest. Although I'm going to need some confirmation as to which are legit problems you've heard about or encountered yourself, and which may be an installation problem or something because just from skimming these past couple of pages, I seem to have run into more problems then most. I'm also going to report things that may have already been reported so disregard those if true. I will also put most of these in spoilers because this quest just came out.

- First a warning to everyone though, if you go into the Dark Cave with either Tifa or Cid as your party lead, you will not be able to remove them for the duration of the side quest. Could a PHS window prompt be put up before entering to change/warn people of this?

Spoiler: show
- During the opening moments of the raid, if you go to the left on the bridge into the escape area outside the reactor, you hear that bomb planting sound effect. This sound effect will persist through screen switches. Going into the reactor and pushing the elevator button gets rid of the sound effect however.

- Are you supposed to be able to save at the first save point in the reactor? It doesn't give you the prompt when you step over it but it still works just like normal.

- Grenades from the "Shinra Soilder" enemy did no damage and did not explode. Essentially, nothing happened when they threw one.

- The dog enemy "Corpse Hound" did something to softlock the game for me.

- If you go backwards from the train station after the raid through the train graveyard you can find Cid in the sewers and I am assuming a boss is supposed to be there? Also falling through the hole in Conero's mansion did not spawn one either. When I found Cid in the sewers, the boss music does start, but all I got were two MP Trainee's. Random battles also had boss music so I assume there has to be a boss there normally?

- When resting in the kid's bed for 100 Gil in Sector 7 near 7th Heaven, after you wake up the battle music played. You can fix it by going back to the plate pillar and coming back.

- Found a "Lv. 3" Destruct materia in the 7th Heaven basement, but it was at level 2.

- In Wall Market, you can actually get trapped in the bathroom at the bar, forcing a reset. (Don't judge!)

- You can fight Jörmungandr in two different rooms. Not sure if intentional or not?

- In the Weapon Store near Aeris' house, you can talk to invisible store owners and buy the stuff they sell at the start of the gamel. Not sure if this was intentional or not because of the 'theme' of Dark Cave, but I couldn't get any other stores to work so I assume this is a bug.

- Red XIII is sleeping on the bed in Wall Market while none of the other teammates once found are in their Wall Market spots.

- After resting at Tifa's bar and going to the pillar for the first time, you can move around while the team is talking. If you go off screen, the game locks up.

- When going through the Dark Cave the first time, Yuffie did not spawn at all and I couldn't get her spawn no matter what I did. Going through a second time, she spawned after saving Aeris however. What exactly is the trigger for Yuffie to show up? Speaking of Aeris...

- Is Aeris supposed to have a boss guarding her? Or is the 'Man' all that's there? After I defeated him he was stuck running in place on one of the church beams and that was it.

- If Phantasm Hojo was killed before Spectral Hojo, it started spamming "Rekindle" over and over with it always missing. Similar to how Tseng was previously locked into a pattern.

Whew, ok. A lot reported there. Again, I am going to assume that some or maybe most of the problems I ran into were installation problems on my end, and if so some or most of these bug reports may be faulty. If that is the case my apologies.

So just to be clear here, downloading the top link and installing only that is all I need to do to be set, right?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: 2016-10-14 02:06:43 »
These mostly seem to be script errors, not installation errors:

Spoiler: show

-) Surprised the sidequest didn't break with Tifa/Cid as party leader; I'll get that fixed.

-) I was supposed to block access to that room but left it open as I didn't realise that sound effect plays there. I'll close it off.

-) Extended Save Points use three text boxes which I think is the limit that can be displayed at any one time; problem is, the Countdown clock needs a window as well and will appear within one of the boxes. I decided to add a script to show the old Save Point prompt rather than the full menu, but if this didn't activate then I'll need to take another look at it.

-)  Those enemy attacks must be faulty and/or not set correctly; should be quick to fix though.

-) The train graveyard is supposed to be inaccessible with the 'puzzle' reset; I'll need to see if I put the vars in the right place. As for the boss itself, most of the fights were set to use Battle #300 (MP Trainees) as a placeholder while I tested scripts; I must have missed that one when setting the actual fights in.

-) Wonder why there's battle music in the kid's Inn; I'll check it out, seems very unusual that'd be there.

-) Probably an AP change at some point made the AP on the Materia when it's picked up no longer enough for Lv.3. I'll adjust it.

-) Judging.

-) I think the two rooms you can eavesdrop on are actually the same room, or the same field rather; I'll make one of the doors inaccessible or something.

-) The stores there are triggered by event lines rather than the NPC's talk script; I had to add vars to both, but must have missed it there.

-) Maybe he was tired.

-) Probably forgot to set Deactivate Move, and reaching the event boundaries tries to trigger another script that stops you from leaving (which clashes).

-) The trigger to get Yuffie is getting Aeris; that condition probably needs dropped.

-) The Church is more or less the same as the old one; it wasn't quite finished. I need to revise the scripts there (I think the plan was to have him jump out through the hole in the roof but I never got it to work properly).

-) I didn't spot that possible loop during testing, but I think I killed them at the same time so I maybe avoided it.

Ah, what a mess :l

So just to be clear here, downloading the top link and installing only that is all I need to do to be set, right?

For the battle.lgp? The Main Installer has the one you need, but after installing it you'll then need to re-apply the hotfix patches because it overwrites everything. I'm going to take the lot of them down and get everything into the Main + IRO to get rid of this problem.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #4294 on: 2016-10-14 12:46:57 »
Hey, just applied the most latest patches, and Mideel enemies still don't give Exp? Everyone's above level 60.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: 2016-10-14 12:49:15 »
I'll sort that out just now; I'm going to try and get everything updated today.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: 2016-10-14 17:51:21 »
Because of the Battle.lgp, I've removed the hotfix patches and updated the main installer + IRO instead. That way every other file is up-to-date as well. Fixed up the issues MoCheese mentioned and the 0EXP problem in Mideel (over Lv.51, they should give EXP correctly).

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: 2016-10-14 18:51:28 »
hey

what happen to the darkcave sidequest download link on here
« Last Edit: 2016-10-14 18:58:00 by Zara9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: 2016-10-14 20:47:53 »
Everything's in the main installer & IRO now.

Bandicoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: 2016-10-15 03:20:56 »
Just wanted to register and say that I really enjoyed this mod. I never thought much about FF7 before and in fact found it to be a bit boring. However, I felt this had a near-perfect level of challenge (near perfect cuz the bosses started to have loads of health near the end  :P). It made me appreciate VII's gameplay systems a lot more, especially the materia system and how all the status effects were actually relevant at one point or another. This in turn made me pay more attention to the story and come to like the characters more as well. I would say FF7 is my favorite now, but ONLY with New Threat installed!

Guard Scorpion is love. Guard Scorpion is life.