Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4885912 times)

dedelac

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4225 on: 2016-10-03 18:31:17 »
wow
Light speed reply!
Thank you very much!   :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: 2016-10-03 19:19:21 »
That's the patched flevel: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8hobjxtfn886bbm/NT_Mod_HotFix_flevel_3rd_October_2016.zip

Sorry for the lost time :I

Edit: IRO is up, with the field fix above. Revised Main Installer next.

Edit2: That's everything up. Should be A-OK now.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-03 21:22:36 by Sega Chief »

dedelac

• View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: 2016-10-03 22:12:30 »
Nice work Chief!
The flevel patch fixed the church bug!

Thank you very much for your amazing job!

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: 2016-10-04 00:14:38 »
hey sega chief

can you post up the dark cave sidequest tomorrow please

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: 2016-10-04 09:52:34 »
Of course not; there's still work to be done on it.

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #4230 on: 2016-10-04 12:22:15 »
Just wanted to pop in here and say that I loved the
Spoiler: show
Gilgamesh
fight. Especially the pun in the middle of the fight about mistakes being made. I honestly had to pause the game and have a good laugh before going back to it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4231 on: 2016-10-04 13:56:59 »
A reminder to all of our forum rules regarding the "Report to moderator" button...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11578.msg160232#msg160232

Reporting Posts
We ask users that see a violation of the rules to use the report post function. This will give all moderators notice that an infraction has occured. Posting in the thread itself is not advised. eg: Do not post in a thread that was inactive for years. Just because someone else necro'd a topic doesn't mean it is ok for others to post in it. Moderators can't be everywhere at once... These are your forums, if you see a problem, report it. Please note that reporting PMs is currently broken.

Only use the report button to report actual rule infractions. Do not use it to report mods or tools that don't work, missing download links, members being unable to solve your problems despite their best effort, or updates that take longer than you hoped. If you cannot cite the exact rule being broken, chances are pretty good you shouldn't be reporting the post. Abuse of the report button will lead to warnings and potential moderation.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: 2016-10-04 16:03:21 »
Just wanted to pop in here and say that I loved the
Gilgamesh
fight. Especially the pun in the middle of the fight about mistakes being made. I honestly had to pause the game and have a good laugh before going back to it.

Old Gilgamesh, not quite getting his transformation right.

A reminder to all of our forum rules regarding the "Report to moderator" button...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11578.msg160232#msg160232

Reporting Posts
We ask users that see a violation of the rules to use the report post function. This will give all moderators notice that an infraction has occured. Posting in the thread itself is not advised. eg: Do not post in a thread that was inactive for years. Just because someone else necro'd a topic doesn't mean it is ok for others to post in it. Moderators can't be everywhere at once... These are your forums, if you see a problem, report it. Please note that reporting PMs is currently broken.

Only use the report button to report actual rule infractions. Do not use it to report mods or tools that don't work, missing download links, members being unable to solve your problems despite their best effort, or updates that take longer than you hoped. If you cannot cite the exact rule being broken, chances are pretty good you shouldn't be reporting the post. Abuse of the report button will lead to warnings and potential moderation.

What prompted this? Did something happen?
« Last Edit: 2016-10-04 16:13:25 by Sega Chief »

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: 2016-10-04 20:24:57 »
I'm guessing somebody reported this for the lack of v1.5 (or something else new for this), so it warranted a post here.
Unless you'd get notified for that, in which case I've got no clue.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4234 on: 2016-10-04 21:39:55 »
A report was made asking where was the dark cave quest.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: 2016-10-04 22:10:38 »
Mystery solved.

Kilen

• View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: 2016-10-05 03:37:05 »
Indeed, it is horrific that SC isn't spending 110% of his waking hours making free content for us.  Luckily, a stern anonymous report will show him the error of his ways.

(meanwhile, I'm just going to enjoy the heck out of this mod)

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: 2016-10-06 13:49:38 »
Hey Sega. I saw an earlier post which talked about boss fights taking long times, and it struck me as something that I'd experienced. Diamond Weapon was the first boss that took long, but bosses such as Hojo or Prod Clod took AGES. It didn't help that if I died on Hojo, I had to fight the other 2 forms, which were never strong enough to kill me but still wasted time.

My party setup was Cid, Yuffie and Cloud, I was at around rank 4, with level 60-70 or so. The fights in that part of the game went from fun and challenging to just slug fests where you just hit the boss over and over and occasionally heal, and there were very little amounts of things that made fights faster. Even with Elemental=Weakness on Cid's weapon with added cut and a mixture of magic and summons on the other two, I had problems taking any fights in less than 20 minutes.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: 2016-10-06 14:04:17 »
There's still some fine-tuning to do for the Midgar Raid segment. It might be done for the 1.45 update, otherwise it'll be soon afterwards. What I need to do is go through that segment with my test team + the other teams that were sent to me by several players, then I can make the proper adjustments.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: 2016-10-07 15:31:01 »
hey

is there anyway you guys could add in a extra rufus boss fight on this Mod please

and can you add back in the migar skip on your board also please
« Last Edit: 2016-10-07 15:35:15 by Zara9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: 2016-10-07 16:19:44 »
You guys? It's just me that works on content for this mod.

I'm too busy with Dark Cave (that you've been spamming me about for the last week) to start throwing in additional fights; not sure what this Midgar skip is either, NT has never had a Midgar skip.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: 2016-10-07 21:26:44 »
hey

is there anyway you guys could add in a extra rufus boss fight on this Mod please

and can you add back in the migar skip on your board also please

I don't see the point in adding an additional Rufus fight. The one in Midgar is fine as is.

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: 2016-10-07 22:58:37 »
Hey Sega Chief! Once you're done with this mod (which probably won't be for quite awhile since new issues seem to come up often), do you have any plans about starting up any other mods?? A few weeks ago, I saw a mod that restricted you to Level 1 througout the game that was started up by you, but I guess it is no longer supported?? I wanted to try it but the download link no longer works. I would love to try any other mods that you have planned in the future!

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: 2016-10-08 00:05:24 »
You guys? It's just me that works on content for this mod.

I'm too busy with Dark Cave (that you've been spamming me about for the last week) to start throwing in additional fights; not sure what this Midgar skip is either, NT has never had a Midgar skip.
To be fair it's uh the same guy that is asking for everything and spamming you....

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: 2016-10-08 06:10:19 »
Hey Sega Chief! Once you're done with this mod (which probably won't be for quite awhile since new issues seem to come up often), do you have any plans about starting up any other mods?? A few weeks ago, I saw a mod that restricted you to Level 1 througout the game that was started up by you, but I guess it is no longer supported?? I wanted to try it but the download link no longer works. I would love to try any other mods that you have planned in the future!

I'll see if I can get that re-uploaded again. There was another mod I made called True Necrosis; you start with 9999HP/999MP and have to make it last until the very end of the game: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17008.0

To be fair it's uh the same guy that is asking for everything and spamming you....

That wasn't directed at anyone else; I've been getting a lot of PMs from the same user over the last week or so.

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #4245 on: 2016-10-08 07:24:31 »
Thanks for the reply, Sega Chief. That True Necrosis Mod sounds interesting; I think I'll give it a shot in the meantime, and I'll definitely want to try the level one mod if you can get it up and running again.  I had seen videos of it on YouTube and thought it was pretty cool, so I'll definitely be looking forward to it.

dedelac

• View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: 2016-10-08 16:27:01 »
Hello again Chief!
First of all... I'm loving your mod!

Amazing how you turned the scorpion (first boss) in a recurrent "comic" encounter. In a way, something like Gilgamesh.

You've been doing a wonderful work! I liked the overall difficulty so far (I'm in Shinra Mansion)... slightly more difficulty than vanilla (at least for the player accustomed to experiment with materia system).

Second... I would like to report a bug in Shinra Mansion

The fight with lambda calcule seems "broken" when he turns into "orange/blonde hair" form while poisoned.

He uses a kind of counter move with restore health property (Calcule something - I don't remember the name, sorry) then he absorbs the poison damage but the poison damage activates the counter again (even with poison restoring him) BUT the counter seems to count as a turn WHICH activates poison damage, he absorbs the poison damage, WHICH activates the counter again and so on... an eternal cycle... even after he gets full health... and my party doesn't even got a turn to throw an antidote.

In case of the last paragraph be to bad to understand: poison damage on Lambda (absorbs) - counter move - poison damage on Lambda (absorbs) - counter move - ad infinitum - party never gets a turn.

P.S.: The issue did not happen with the "whole blue" form, but I died  :cry:

P.S.²: Of course I could try to throw the antidote just before he turns in one of his "whole" forms... but I thought you would like to know!  :D

Edit: used antidote on Lambda before the transformation... I defeated him (orange form).

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry about my english... it's far from perfect!

« Last Edit: 2016-10-08 17:11:30 by dedelac »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: 2016-10-09 06:39:55 »
Second... I would like to report a bug in Shinra Mansion

P.S.²: Of course I could try to throw the antidote just before he turns in one of his "whole" forms... but I thought you would like to know!  :D [/spoiler]

Edit: used antidote on Lambda before the transformation... I defeated him (orange form).

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry about my english... it's far from perfect!

Thanks for letting me know; I can probably fix that up fairly quickly.

oncloudvii

• View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: 2016-10-09 16:15:13 »
Heya, Sega Chief. Thanks for the excellent mod! I'm enjoying the hell out of it, and I wanted to let you know that there might be a small bug in the SP system with the October 3rd patch. The new SP values for each character are all X/200 points, but it still seems like only 100 points are deducted for each Rank Up. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also battles no longer display a message confirming that SP has been received (but that may have been intentional). I'm finding that the new SP rewards are definitely better balanced, though. I'm currently at Mideel post-Lifestream flashback, for what it's worth.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: 2016-10-09 16:19:53 »
Ah, I don't remember adjusting the value deducted just the check. I'll have that fixed for the 1.45 update tonight. I got rid of the SP message on enemies for now; I was thinking of maybe adding a small pre-action script later that has the enemy display the SP they give when Sense is used (along with other info like HP for enemies/bosses that have over 30,000HP).