Author Topic: qgears.sourceforge updates?  (Read 4168 times)

professorhojo

• All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu
    • View Profile
qgears.sourceforge updates?
« on: 2012-07-26 23:38:02 »
I don't know what the status of webmastering for the qgears page is, but I would like to push some updates.  Spelling, release dates, and small things.  I have some spare time right now, and it seems to be an unfulfilled role. (?)

Version: 1.1
(March 26, 2007)

Now it would say version .21, June 27, 2012.

I see below the textbox where it says there are options for attachments, but I don't see how to upload them.  If I missed the absolute obvious, my apologies.

I also wrote a small update to the home page news page.  I added the following:

Q-Gears v0.21
Wed, 27 Jun 2012 20:11:53 GMT

Engine development continues. Added more background animations, optimized scrolling, scripting improvements, better handling of updates and debugging, smoother camera panning, jump capability has been fixed, and much more!

All I did was replicate the v.19 news item and re-write it.  It mentions RSS, so there may be an additional technical issue to completion.  This timing is based on Akari's forum posting, and I wrote this based on some of the not-so-technical items in the changelog.  The right sidebar for the news page is updated for the version and date, and the bottom original news posting had a misspelling.  No biggie.  I type much sloppier when I'm in a hurry myself, and I catch them later.  I saw the video for .21 and I smiled.  This is fantastic, what you're doing is great.  I can't do what you're doing, but I can do other things.

So with the forum rules that I didn't consider, the codes that I posted don't work as posted.  They do as I saved them.  I sent an email to Halkun asking him if he's interested in some light page updates, we'll see what he says.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-09 01:14:04 by professorhojo »

professorhojo

• View Profile
Re: qgears.sourceforge updates?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-26 23:38:50 »
(edited out)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-09 00:01:14 by professorhojo »

professorhojo

• View Profile
Re: qgears.sourceforge updates?