Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)  (Read 465817 times)

cloudiar

• View Profile
Re: [1.4.1] Makou Reactor - a FF7 script editor
« Reply #100 on: 2012-05-08 15:19:40 »
Congratulations your information it's very nice, I can continue the mod!!!

Var[1][16] => Hours
Var[1][17] => Minutes
Var[1][18] => Seconds
Var[1][19] => Tenths?

¡¡Very nice for events in "real time"!!

Have new questions:

I have new questions:

1.I created a new "event" called "alchemist", this new event needed too much lines. The first version I coded had over 11000 lines! But your program can't handle more of 10000 lines and the number of lines isn't the correct.Finally I cut codes and is only 9739 lines.

Example of fail:

9984->Set field model direction: 120
9988->Wait 30 frame
9992->Play animation #7 of the field model and reset to previous state (speed=1)
9996->Wait 10 frame
9999->Instantly turns the field model to face the party member #0
10000->Wait 8 frame
10000->Play animation #7 of the field model (speed=1)
10000->Remove 1 item(s) Fuente suerte from the inventory
10001->Add 1 item(s) Poción to the inventory
10001->Play sound #360 (position=64/127)
10001->Play sound #360 (position=64/127)
10002->Play sound #360 (position=64/127)

In "10000" fail numeration of line and it's impossible continue link the codes T.T

The system function is you give two item's and transformation in one better object recived!(with true combination), have 25 or 30, but can't extend with this problem :(

2. It's really possible remove materia?

In option of you tool "party and inventory" and "remove materia" option...¡¡¡never deleted!!!
Need's save materia (Ap's/ ??? / ???) in variable for later uses in remove materia?

And also run the "mount materia", this failed?

Var[5][72] = amount of materia Recuperar in the inventory (AP=0, ???=0)

In first the functionally of this can change/remplace AP of materia! I want extend the "alchemist" but first need confirmation of this concept can really run.

Only function run it's "add materia", only.

3. Your makou run in Ubuntu? In other day try use with friend he's use Ubuntu but can't run, have in the website all's files to correct use? Failed can't run :(

New's thanks and sorry for english I'm spanish native xD

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #101 on: 2012-05-08 19:55:39 »
1.I created a new "event" called "alchemist", this new event needed too much lines. The first version I coded had over 11000 lines! But your program can't handle more of 10000 lines and the number of lines isn't the correct.Finally I cut codes and is only 9739 lines.

Indeed I have not planned the case when scripts are huge. Please note that the position of the last script does not exceed 65,535 bytes, and my software does not warn if it does! I think you can probably find a way to factorize your code...

2. It's really possible remove materia?

I did not know that it did not work, I will check.

3. Your makou run in Ubuntu? In other day try use with friend he's use Ubuntu but can't run, have in the website all's files to correct use? Failed can't run :(

Have you installed libQt 4.7.4?
You can use the Sithlord's repository: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11928.0 normally, it is up to date.

DestroGalacticmon

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2012-05-18 14:39:48 »
Question! Is the Tutorials/Sound section editable? I was just wondering, since there seems to be a little mistake in the BLUE_1 and BLUE_2 field files, where the script wants a specific music file, but it indeed plays out a wrong one. Both of the mistakes seem to call the Honeybee Manor theme, which is really inappropriate, considering it plays during the funeral FMV when something more sad is supposed to play...

Anyway, I compared the PC field file to the PS1 one and noticed the difference between their Sound/Turtorials section. While the PS1 file has a couple of sounds loaded, the PC file has an entry named "Tuto 0". It's full of gibberish, unlike other tutorials that actually play during the game. The PS1 did not have this false tutorial, as it loads a music file instead. In BLUE_1 it calls for kurai.mid, and in BLUE_2 I'm guessing it calls for earis.mid.

Like I said, in the PC files, the first entries are some tutorials that don't even do anything and are never played; and for some reason it plays bee.mid, which is just wrong at such a moment. I planned to fix this by taking advantage of the Export/Import buttons, but whenever I click on the false tutorial entry, the buttons are greyed out.  ???

If anyone could give me a lil' bit of information on how to make it play the right music, I'd really appreciate it!   ;D

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #103 on: 2012-05-18 14:56:19 »
I do not have time to watch right away, but to already give you an indication, there are fields where the AKAO part is broken.
This concerns the following files (and only the PC version!):
  • sininb1
  • sininb2
  • junair2
  • junone7
  • blue_2

DestroGalacticmon

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2012-05-19 08:02:28 »
Broken, huh... so there's no way to do anything with it, unless it is fixed?

Is it even possible to fix it?  :-\

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #105 on: 2012-05-19 09:17:23 »
Yes, in fact each AKAO or tuto have a position in the field file:

== Field file (section 1) ==
 - Header
 - Script name list
 - AKAO/tutos position list
 - Scripts position list
 - Scripts data
 - Texts part
 - AKAO/tuto data

(more info here or here)

But in the broken field, AKAO/tutos position list is false (AKAO/tuto data is OK). And there is a little padding between texts part and AKAO/tuto data. To fix it, two solutions: change position list with true values, or remove the little padding.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2012-05-27 02:10:40 »
Hello

Crashed game?
I'm having several issues concerning the flevel file.
The original flevel file is 124.965 kb long, but my tweaked file is 124.069 kb long. I added over 1MB of changes, but the filesize doesn't "fit"with the expected filesize.
I tried to add new IDs to the flevel file, but its filesize still decreases.
Is that normal? What happened to that?

I also have problems with scene.bin (which makes to crash the game with some animations)
Is that problem caused by flevel?
Makou fails easily, specially when I save my changes, I understand that this is normal but not always... I have many doubts of what's the real problem.

Flevel alson make the game crash in some points, for example in the chocobo dance, but the ID is the same as the original...
Can crashed IDs make crash another IDs?

======It's comment of other day =======

Have idea, I think is not possible, but want comment.

Show the values of "Table 1: FF7 Save Slot" in window message.

Reason?

In "Table 2: Character Record", the main intention is show the parametres stats changes in level up of charaters, think its parametres are "base status" of players without weapon, accesories, armour (true?) in this case can be fantastic for see progress in "real status".

In case can access create condition (in case level up, after of battle) show the new values in automatic window and compared to previous level (above save this parametres and comparison), finally you can see really true number points of stats up!

I see all memory bank and not see this table of stats :(

How can calculate offset save memory bank? (for uses respective number variable on makou)

0x0BA4    2 byte    Main progress variable  in makou is [2][0] (and [1][0] reason 16 bit?)

But later

0x0BA7            1 byte    Aeris' current love points in makou identified [1][3] but not understand system for assign offset to value of makou :(

I imagine exist method mathematic for calculate offsets memory bank to variable number uses in makou.

Sorry for molesties and bad English, thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-03 14:29:40 by cloudiar »

kkh6854

« Reply #107 on: 2012-06-06 10:45:08 »
Hello myst6re.
 I'm a FF7 fan living in Korea.
 I just want to say I'm grateful to you.

Thanks to your Makou Reactor you made, I succeed to make its Korea version.
 FF7 is also famous in korea so I made it laboriously for enjoying it with many other people.
 I appreciate you produced open source of program and PSX data for yourself.
 So, I could make it completely using them.
 There were not any errors in the process of making its korean ver.
 and I appreciate again that I can make it apace by your favor.
 also I give you a big hand for your passion that make you produce them and your love to FF7.
 Thank you very much. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sK_ZzTDv4Y

Crazy Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2012-06-08 20:03:14 »
I just tried this with the Japanese PSX version. Japanese compatibility was mentioned but I get indecipherable text like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/screenshotat20120524105.png

The Rom is fine, I've been playing it on both linux and android  :mrgreen:

What I want to do is extract the text for easier translation. I thought it'd be a good excuse to practice my jap and replay again, it's been a while.  :evil:

Crazy Nova

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2012-06-08 20:10:24 »
Lol, my bad. I clicked on 'Japanese Characters' and now all is working fine. Myst6reさん、 どうも有難う~!

EDIT: Is there any way to extract/export multiple pieces of text into a single text file? Just the used text for example. If not I think it would be a useful feature. Being able to edit in a regular text editor as a whole then importing it rather than having to skim to each part. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2012-06-08 21:18:32 by Crazy Nova »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2012-06-08 21:41:16 »
Lol, my bad. I clicked on 'Japanese Characters' and now all is working fine. Myst6reさん、 どうも有難う~!

EDIT: Is there any way to extract/export multiple pieces of text into a single text file? Just the used text for example. If not I think it would be a useful feature. Being able to edit in a regular text editor as a whole then importing it rather than having to skim to each part. Thanks!

Use touphScript.  It can also place text back in.   If you want a dump of the PSX Japanese it is here >
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11867.msg182553#msg182553

bossibou

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012-06-13 00:23:01 »
I am trying to create an event that only triggers if you have particular item in your inventory. I know this can be done with Key Items since those values are saved to variables. Is there a function to do this with regular items?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #112 on: 2012-06-14 20:24:13 »
I am trying to create an event that only triggers if you have particular item in your inventory. I know this can be done with Key Items since those values are saved to variables. Is there a function to do this with regular items?

Party and inventory > Amount of item ... no?
You can save amount of an item in a variable, and test this variable.

bossibou

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2012-06-30 18:17:17 »
Wow....I totally missed that function. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I think I may have been expecting it to be immediately under amount of gil. Sorry for the stupid question.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #114 on: 2012-07-19 14:47:42 »
Makou Reactor is now on sourceforge.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #115 on: 2012-08-21 15:51:00 »
I finally opened the PlayStation 3D models, without textures for the moment.

Current changelog 1.5.0 (in the repository):
  • Fix a crash when saving LGP (nobody noticed?)
  • Can save an image disc PSX
  • [Scripts] Goto/Label system
  • [Scripts] Editor 2.0 (work in progress)
  • [Walkmesh] Full editor like Deling
  • [3D model] PSX model viewer

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2012-08-21 15:52:36 »
 8-)  Excellent.

DestroGalacticmon

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2012-08-21 17:44:05 »
I'm not sure if you noticed, but the Walkmesh viewer displayed height the wrong way around. I noticed this with blin_X maps where the stairs are the only height changes. What leads downstairs in the visual background would lead upstairs according to the walkmesh viewer...

Will this bug be fixed in the new version?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #118 on: 2012-08-21 18:55:43 »
I'm not sure if you noticed, but the Walkmesh viewer displayed height the wrong way around. I noticed this with blin_X maps where the stairs are the only height changes. What leads downstairs in the visual background would lead upstairs according to the walkmesh viewer...

Will this bug be fixed in the new version?

You mean blinst_X? I didn't use the camera in Makou 1.4, this is fixed in 1.5 since I understand how to use it. Move the first slider in the walkmesh dialog, you'll undestand what I say.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #119 on: 2012-08-21 20:48:49 »
Current changelog 1.5.0 (in the repository):
  • Fix a crash when saving LGP (nobody noticed?)
  • Can save an image disc PSX
  • [Scripts] Goto/Label system
  • [Scripts] Editor 2.0 (work in progress)
  • [Walkmesh] Full editor like Deling
  • [3D model] PSX model viewer

Ah, this is interesting. I used to have a lot of trouble building PSX ISOs that would run with field changes. Good to know I needn't worry about this any more.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #120 on: 2012-08-21 20:52:51 »
Ah, this is interesting. I used to have a lot of trouble building PSX ISOs that would run with field changes. Good to know I needn't worry about this any more.

I have no guarantee that it works all the time, this is a beta feature that can be improved.

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #121 on: 2012-08-21 22:50:04 »
Awesome @ BSX work. No beta binary download?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #122 on: 2012-08-21 22:55:10 »
Awesome @ BSX work. No beta binary download?

No ::)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #123 on: 2012-08-21 23:51:32 »
Is the 1.5 in the trunk or in a branch? And what environment do I need to compile it?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #124 on: 2012-08-22 00:03:27 »
Is the 1.5 in the trunk or in a branch? And what environment do I need to compile it?

Oh, I need to remove the branch ;D, the 1.5 is in the trunk. To compile the code you need Qt and the easiest way is:
  • Install the Qt SDK with Qt Creator
  • Run Qt Creator and open "Makou_Reactor.pro"
  • A wizard opens, you can select the build directory
  • Click on Compile > Run

The exe is created on your build directory, you need the dlls on windows. But if you want you can compile with an other OS (linux or Mac OS).