Author Topic: Does anyone have the wallmarket values for Holy Materia?  (Read 4889 times)

IronSlasher

• Yes I have Lionheart and Tidus' pendant tattoos
    • View Profile
Trying to add Holy Materia to my game with wall market. I recall this being in a mod but I can't recall which one so I am attempting to modify Shield Materia into Holy.

I think I did this a while back but I can't remember how. Does anyone have the hex values for Wallmarket?

Thanks!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Does anyone have the wallmarket values for Holy Materia?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-07 19:30:07 »
you need to assign a 'holy' attack, which does not actually exist and therefore has to be made by taking an animation, probably the southern light animation from the enemies on the big wutai statue, and adding a damage formula, to a materia by converting an existing attack.

IronSlasher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-09 13:46:36 »
Thanks for the Reply Tenko!!!!  :-D

I figured I would need to replace/borrow an attack animation from elsewhere. I would prefer to use "Stardust March".

The issues I have are below.

1. I am also not certain which values in Wallmarket affect the animations. 
2. Not sure what the animation values are for each attack/spell.
3. Not sure how to edit the actual Spell names like "Bio" or "Shield" to "Holy" (I think it's in Kernel2.bin)

« Last Edit: 2014-08-09 14:00:41 by IronSlasher »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-08-09 14:44:39 »
1. It's in the box called "animation". Most enemy-only animations won't work IIRC (not 100% sure on this)
2. See above.
3. Double-click on a name.

IronSlasher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-08-09 15:01:21 »
You are going to laugh but I have been looking for this on the Materia tab, ignoring the attack tab. I feel sheepish lol.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-08-09 15:54:30 »
Haha, don't worry, we all have brainfarts sometimes :P

PapSnatchBrim [SwornEnemy] (DMR)

• RIP Dime 66-04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-08-14 13:26:49 »
open wallmarket. go to 'Attack' tab along the top. find 'Shield' in the list on the left. double click the name to change name and description of magic. in 'Animation ID:' put '6E' [this is the 'Stardust March' animation].'Attack Damage:' set both to X2 for standard offensive magic damage calculation. change the 'Camera (single) (multiple)' to an offensive magic eg.fire [0006 0024] so the camera focuses on the target and not your player when you use the magic. in 'Attack Target' tick Enable Selection, Start on Enemies, Start as multiple and Toggle multiple, un-tick the rest (if you want magic to always attack all targets without the 'All' materia un-tick Toggle multiple). 'Attack Element' Holy, 'Restore Type:(?)' set to FF None, ...and i think everything else is preference as to attack statuses and properties, mp cost and attack strength....... then change Shield materia in materia tab, element, equip effect, AP etc and your all set

IronSlasher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-11-06 23:19:41 »
Holy Crap! ;D

Thanks!

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-11-06 23:28:08 »
In my mods I usually use Diamond Beam animation for holy. That really is most fitting and looks really good, the animation index is FE.