Author Topic: Something totally broke my mods  (Read 2921 times)

Something totally broke my mods
« on: 2019-09-13 11:43:15 »
Hi there. A couple of months ago I installed 7th Heaven along with a bunch of mods, because I wanted to play "A New Threat". Everything worked.
Yesterday I decided to play again, but suddendly nothing worked. Upon hitting launch game in 7th Heaven, the game would make a beep and crash. So I used the FF7 game converter again (yes the 7th Heaven version). This allowed me to start the game, but now my mods arent working correctly, some will be loaded, some won't. Texture mods don't seem to work at all.

What can I do?

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: Something totally broke my mods
« Reply #1 on: 2019-09-14 14:30:13 »
Hi there. A couple of months ago I installed 7th Heaven along with a bunch of mods, because I wanted to play "A New Threat". Everything worked.
Yesterday I decided to play again, but suddendly nothing worked. Upon hitting launch game in 7th Heaven, the game would make a beep and crash. So I used the FF7 game converter again (yes the 7th Heaven version). This allowed me to start the game, but now my mods arent working correctly, some will be loaded, some won't. Texture mods don't seem to work at all.

What can I do?

Sounds to me like you not got your audio configured in the FFVII config file.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-09-14 14:40:56 »
In your 7H aali driver config, make sure the tick box for 'direct mode' is enabled.  If you don't see that tick box, look in ff7_opengl.cfg for "direct mode = on"

« Reply #3 on: 2019-09-14 16:59:17 »
Thank you for answering.

Direct mode is on.
The music plugin setting in my 7th heaven config will always show "none", no matter what I selected last time. That's funny, because I have audio output.

Also, my aali modpath folder is empty. I dont know if that means anything, i just noticed it.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-14 17:06:50 by Heart_of_the_Tiger »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2019-09-15 01:05:31 »
After clicking the OK button within Workshop->Aali Driver Settings, you should see a the message "OpenGL settings saved." The settings are saved in ff7_opengl.cfg and can be manually changed with a text editor. Run the GC again and choose the Overwrite (O) option to setup the Aali Driver.

The Aali Modpath folder should be labeled "Textures" by default after running FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe. The folder itself will remain empty since 7H is a memory injection tool. Files will be placed in it temporarily after a game launch, and taken out after a game close. The name of the folder itself doesn't matter, but since it's used to load modded PNG textures, it's been appropriately named "Textures". Workshop->General Settings->Textures Path needs to point to [gamedir]\mods\Textures and "mod_path = Textures" needs to be set within ff7_opengl.cfg for texture mods to appear ingame. Running the game converter should avoid all this manual setup, but there's always these corky user error cases that pop up that can't be controlled.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-15 01:09:18 by EQ2Alyza »

« Reply #5 on: 2019-09-15 04:48:29 »
The textures work. Thank you. The mod_path was not set to textures for some reason.

The sound seems to be the original sound and not the remastered sound I installed with mods though. Btw, there is no "OpenGL settings saved" message when i hit the ok button in the opengl driver configuration. "music_plugin" is set to "plugins/vgmstream_music.fgp"

Now I also noticed that some things in "A new Threat" are off. The stat changes due to materia are not what they should be. For example, the cover materia should increase vitality by 15 IIRC, but it only increases it by 1.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-15 10:26:04 by Heart_of_the_Tiger »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2019-09-15 06:48:14 »
opengl driver configuration is a label from an older version of 7H. What versions have you used before and are currently using?

« Reply #7 on: 2019-09-15 08:25:58 »
1.54... I did not change versions IIRC.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-15 08:30:11 by Heart_of_the_Tiger »