Author Topic: Working on FFX mod  (Read 13388 times)

JordieBo

• View Profile
Working on FFX mod
« on: 2008-07-05 13:27:56 »
Hey guys! What's up.
Well.
I'm slowly working on an FFX mod for FF7, and here is the list of characters I'm going to swap. I still haven't decided for Jecht and Auron and a few of them I'm gonna change.

----------------------------------------------------------
FINAL FANTASY X - FINAL FANTASY VII
                CHARACTER SWAP
-----------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------
Central Characters
--------------------------

Cloud - Tidus
Sephiroth - Seymour
Vincent - Lulu
Zack - Shuyin
Lucrecia - Seymour's Mother

--------------------------------
Other Major Characters
--------------------------------

Aerith -Yuna
Tifa -
Barret - Wakka
Red XIII - Auron (If I can use Sephiroth or Clouds model)
Cait Sith - Jecht (If I can use Clouds model)
Cid - Kimahri
Yuffie - Rikku
Rufus - Isaaru
Tseng -
Reno - Biran-Ronso
Rude - Yenke-Ronso
Elena - Dona
Hojo - Jyscal Guado

-----------------------
Supporting Cast
-----------------------

Bugenhagen - Maechan
Dio -
Don Corneo -
Dyne - Chappu
Elmyra - Belgemine
Professor Gast - Maester Mika
Ifalna - Braska
Johnny - Barthello
Godo -  Cid
Marlene - Pacce
Shera - Shelinda
Heidegger - Kelk Ronso
Scarlet - Yunalesca
Reeve Tuesti - Maroda
Palmer - Wen-Kinoc
Zangan - Father Zuke

Well. I have all the programs to do this so I should be making my first character relatively soon. But the OBJ converter crashes when I try to use it and 3DS Max goes white when i click on it so I can't see what I'm doing. I will try and fix these problems even though I have no idea whats wrong with them except I'm on Vista.

So until I sort that out I will be working on the music change over. I heard that you can change the music by installing FF7Music then changing the music files. Is this true? Also, when I installed FF7Music on my old PC, an XP the MIDI kept playing along with the MP3 so I had to mute Midi/synth, but on Vista you can't. I havn't tried to use FF7Voice on my Vista yet but I have tried changing the output on ff7config and none of them stop Midi output. Any idea's?
« Last Edit: 2008-07-06 23:19:39 by JordieBo »

Genesis

• Even if the morrow is barren of promises Nothing s
    • View Profile
Re: Working on FFX mod
« Reply #1 on: 2008-07-05 13:36:47 »
sounds like this will be a good mod, would you be able to release this is my only worry about this

if your building the models from scratch then fair enough but if your not then you won't be allowed to release it if thats your intention

for the music i think your able to delete the MIDI files if you don't want them, i think thats why they are playing together

i guess red could be auron coz the whole mystical thing they both kinda have, as for jecht i would have no clue, would you be changing the storyline att all to go with this?

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-07-05 14:40:31 »
Well, I thought I wouldn't be able to release this as I am using FFX models.
But anyway, how come the Sonic patch was releasable?
Also if I delete the MIDI files wont FFVII crash?
And how would I replace Red XIII with Auron without giving him his animations?

--------EDIT--------------------------------------------------
Ive managed to stop the MIDI from playing. I had to replace a file in system32
« Last Edit: 2008-07-05 14:43:13 by JordieBo »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-07-05 17:41:44 »
Sega don't really care that's why lol. Square might be watching us so releasing FFX models is a bit dangerous coz it might get the whole site shut down. BUT if you release them for a limited time....

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-07-06 09:37:23 »
Is it okay to rapidshare it and people have to search for it themselves on search websites? Or maybe torrent? I'm not very good with this legal stuff.

Also I'm having a problem.
I download FF7Music and it just came with a FF7Music file. So I downloaded another version and it came with FF7Music and some DLL files and INI i think. It had 2 folders, one saying MP3 one saying PSF. the PSF was full and the MP3 only had:
ob
comical
tb
si
fanfare.
I did what the readme said and i started FF7 and none of the music works :/

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-07-06 13:56:52 »
As long as the link isn't posted on here, or the official release is on here.
But hey, there's no reason not to give a hint when it's done, and expect a few "What's the link?" PMs :-P

The mod sounds awesome btw.  Good luck.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-07-06 19:12:14 »
Heres an update of where I am.
My OBJ converter crashes when I try and convert so if I can't find a way to convert it I will try it on my XP but my XP is VERY SLOW so that may take a while. Is there any legal way to ask someone else to convert it? Can I do that on MSN?

The Music:
FF7 Music doesn't work for me so far. If I go into the menu in FF7 (Like on world map and stuff) and check music, it says the music is not supported and the sound effects are at full volume. The sound effects work but music doesn't. Did i broked it? :(

The Avatars:
YATTA! I have had no problems except first of all the images came out whack when I tried to convert the BMP back into TEX using Omega. So instead, I converted it back using Textool and it worked fine.
So far Ive done:
Cloud-Tidus
Barret-Wakka
Aerith-Yuna

I may remake Tidus, as you can see, to reduce chances of getting a pixelized picture and to make it look cool, I've cut it quite close to the face on Yuna and Wakka, but I didn't do that to Tidus so he kinda looks a bit outta place and pixelized.
Heres a screenshot, in return I want comments. Good deal?

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-07-06 19:39:09 »
You need to do some searching to get your ff7 to work.

Having the music bad ff7 come up as "not supported" isn't your problem. Do you know what that means? Since that music bar indicates the volume of ff7's MIDI, it clearly means your MIDI is turned off.

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-07-06 20:47:37 »
This mod isn't nothing special now, and by the way makes no sense to morph ff7 into X they're completely different :| Anyway this is my point of view.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-07-06 20:58:07 »
You need to do some searching to get your ff7 to work.

Having the music bad ff7 come up as "not supported" isn't your problem. Do you know what that means? Since that music bar indicates the volume of ff7's MIDI, it clearly means your MIDI is turned off.

I've figured it out now, its cause I replaced gm.dls to mute midi. As you can't in Vista. So it said it wasnt supported because thats the whole point. So I changed it back, the midi's work again, and I thought to myself, Why did I replace it again!? Now Ive got Midi's playing and I can't remember where I got the fake gm.dls :(

This mod isn't nothing special now, and by the way makes no sense to morph ff7 into X they're completely different :| Anyway this is my point of view.

Geez, It's just a mod, just a bit of fun to test my skills. You could say the same about a Sonic mod. Maybe I like Final Fantasy X characters but i like the Final Fantasy storyline? Or maybe I'm doing this for the lulz? *Sigh* I only wanted to make a mod you didn't have to go all "nothing special" on my ass..... :-(

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-07-06 21:05:35 »

Geez, It's just a mod, just a bit of fun to test my skills. You could say the same about a Sonic mod. Maybe I like Final Fantasy X characters but i like the Final Fantasy storyline? Or maybe I'm doing this for the lulz? *Sigh* I only wanted to make a mod you didn't have to go all "nothing special" on my ass..... :-(

I like the idea, FFX characters are among my favourite in the entire series.  Just ignore people critisizing.  It's either because they don't have the skill/talent to make there own, or they just enjoy being whiners.  Go for it, and see what the end result is. 
I look forward to seeing your work. ;-)

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-07-06 21:32:59 »
I was only giving my opinion, if he started a topic he must read this thing in topics nothing else. Or he had to keep that in his mind and avoid the topic. If he must not take care about criticism so he must not even take care of good opinions about his work, that is criticism too ;) So when you post, first think what you wanna say and then talk, because a word can be understood badly.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-07-06 21:52:00 »
Ah, I was messing around trying to get FF7Music to work and I replace FF7.exe and ff7config and now whenever i try to go on FF7 it says please insert disk 1, 2 or 3!
I'm using a mounted ISO file I backed up cause my disks are scratched to hell. (I moved house and the disks where put in the box full of cutlery for some reason) :/
i think its not reading the right drive so i went into regedit and tried that but it was all fine! Maybe I need to put on a crack?
Does anybody know what I should do?

In return a picture of Kimahri:

--------------------------------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------------------------
Oh! Wait, wait, wait, wait...... Fixed it! ^^
« Last Edit: 2008-07-06 22:04:36 by JordieBo »

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-07-06 22:29:26 »
You're making things more complicated then they should be. Reinstall the game because you've caused the game not to work. It's hard for us to know what you did exactly when the easiest solution is to simply do a fresh install.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-07-06 22:54:21 »

--------------------------------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------------------------
Oh! Wait, wait, wait, wait...... Fixed it! ^^

Sorry that edit was hard to see I put it at the bottom of the picture. But thanks anyway!

---------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------------------------
The avatars are almost ready for release (They're not much good without a character swap though) but I was wondering, I heard there was a patch that swapped Cait Sith with Zack (I take it that it used Cloud's model?) If this is possible I would like to replace Red XIII with Auron and use either Cloud or Sephiroth's bones and Animaions. And I want to replace Cait Sith with Jecht (Cause I can't think of anyone else) And use Clouds bones and Animations. I know this is possible does anybody know how its done?
« Last Edit: 2008-07-06 23:23:16 by JordieBo »

Theclad

• Idir - FFDream.com
    • View Profile
    • FINAL FANTASY DREAM - Webmaster
« Reply #15 on: 2008-07-07 11:50:09 »
Interresting ! :)

But I think it's very difficult project don't you ?

And Seymour not equal at all to our BIG BOSS, Sephiroth !

Good luck for the futur !  :wink:

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-07-07 15:22:01 »
Interresting ! :)

But I think it's very difficult project don't you ?

And Seymour not equal at all to our BIG BOSS, Sephiroth !

Good luck for the futur !  :wink:

Thank you for your comment.
Well, you see, I know this is a BIG project but I'm not planning on getting instant results. The project itself is going to be very slow. The thing is the character swapping isn't actually very difficult, it's just that I have come along a few problems like the converter crashing and 3DS Max being crazy. If it where working properly I would already have screenshots to show you! Also with the music. I can't get FF7Music to "run" at all, it's baffling me! If I could then the music patch would be almost complete. So far all that's worked without problems is the avatars!

----------------------------------------------------EDIT------------------------------------------------------------
Also I forgot to mention that my main concern is the Main Characters such as Cloud and Sephiroth, maybe Rufus. So until they are complete I won't even touch the other characters!
« Last Edit: 2008-07-07 16:54:55 by JordieBo »

Theclad

• Idir - FFDream.com
    • View Profile
    • FINAL FANTASY DREAM - Webmaster
« Reply #17 on: 2008-07-08 20:54:40 »

Thank you for your comment.
Well, you see, I know this is a BIG project but I'm not planning on getting instant results. The project itself is going to be very slow. The thing is the character swapping isn't actually very difficult, it's just that I have come along a few problems like the converter crashing and 3DS Max being crazy. If it where working properly I would already have screenshots to show you! Also with the music. I can't get FF7Music to "run" at all, it's baffling me! If I could then the music patch would be almost complete. So far all that's worked without problems is the avatars!

----------------------------------------------------EDIT------------------------------------------------------------
Also I forgot to mention that my main concern is the Main Characters such as Cloud and Sephiroth, maybe Rufus. So until they are complete I won't even touch the other characters!

OK, so Ihope that you will have patience to continue this project, rather interesting!
You can count on me, to follow this project.
Good luck !  :-)

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-07-08 22:21:03 »
Okay, guys. I regret to say I'm stuck on the silliest of things.
I just can't cut it.......
I try to cut the object into the pieces I need in 3DS Max but I keep getting stuck. When I try to move it, part of the bit it is attached to moves aswell. This is a really n00bish question I know...

===========EDIT==========================
Oh. Wait guys. I'm not being stupid! I missed a step. Well that kinda is stupid really! :-P
« Last Edit: 2008-07-09 00:00:15 by JordieBo »

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-07-09 08:28:04 »
Haha I hope you can go through with this all the way.  I really would prefer to play as Tidus instead of Cloud, Yuna, and Auron against Seymour.
I hate him more than Sephy you see, Sephy is charismatic, so much so to gain a fan following.  Seymour is just a retard, making me hate him, he has no charisma at all. 

Ahhhh the memories....