Author Topic: Help! Game instantly closing  (Read 1969 times)

TheLostZora

• View Profile
Help! Game instantly closing
« on: 2019-04-25 04:16:56 »
So I followed all of the tutorials I can and 7th heaven loads up the screen (black screen) and closes only a few seconds later after hitting launch game. The FAQ says to run the Game Config again and select the default audio device. The only problem is I have only one audio device to select from Realtek(R) Audio. I have this set up as my default audio device and I'm just curious what I'm doing wrong.  I have started the process over and over again from a clean beginning and I just don't understand.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Help! Game instantly closing
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-25 05:40:22 »
How exactly did you run FF7Config?

TheLostZora

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-25 08:57:37 »
After clearing and uninstalling FF7 I reinstalled it to my D drive I then mounted the blank iso provided with power iso after then I ran the config and ran the installation path to my ff7.exe in the d drive. Once the config went through I left everything as default and when audio options were to be selected I only had the one option (Realtek(R) Audio speakers) I tested the audio in both the sound and midi tests and it worked in both. I then extracted 7th heaven to its own folder and ran 7th heaven. I set the exe path to the ff7_bc.exe as that was the only one that would “run” without a text box error. I tried to just simply run the gameplay challenges mod with the “level 1” challenge installed. I then clicked launch game. I got a black box for about 3 seconds and then it closed.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2019-04-25 11:04:11 »
You haven't mentioned using the game converter yet. Did you run it before launching the game? FF7Config has to be run from within the game converter, and when it's not, it doesn't set the correct registry keys. The sound device is one of those keys that has to be set correctly, or else the instant closing happens when a sound device can't be identified.

TheLostZora

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-04-26 00:38:01 »
I ran the converter in admin mode again after clearing everything out and reinstalling FF7 , with the Blank ISO provided mounted. This was the result of the GC Log if it helps and maybe you can find an error as I don't know a lot of what it means. I'm just confused because I followed both the video and written tutorials exactly.

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:          x86
PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432:          AMD64
Actual Path:                     C:\Users\thelo\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000
Product Name:                    Windows 10 Home
Architecture:                    AMD64
Running in Modus                 32Bit WOW64
OS Bit Version                   64
Reg-Keyname Steam                HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 39140
Reg-Keyname Re-Release           HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{141B8BA9-BFFD-4635-AF64-078E31010EC3}_is1
Reg-Keyname 1                    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.
Reg-Keyname 2                    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FF7app.exe
Reg-Keyname 3                    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.
Steam Release is present:        Yes
Steam Release Path:               
Re-Release is present:           
Re-Release Path:                 
Original Release is present:     
Original Release Path:           
Destination Path:                D:\Games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Source Path:                     D:\Games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII
Videos Path:                     D:\Games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies
Original Videos Path:             
Original Language                en
Converted Language               en
Original Drive Letter:           
Converted Drive Letter:          E:\
and now clear up Variables...
Ending at           Date: Thu 04/25/2019    Time: 17:26:59.21