Author Topic: change limit break for another one?  (Read 22291 times)

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
change limit break for another one?
« on: 2014-11-03 20:29:10 »
I have in mind change the last limit of red 13 to the first limit of vincent with the new werewolf model xD, Is it possible?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: change limit break for another one?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-03 20:57:08 »
No

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-03 21:13:36 »
Found! With wallmarket I can change all the limits between characters xD

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2014-11-03 21:28:00 »
Except it won't work

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-11-03 22:52:44 »
Of course it is possible. You must create a new transformation animation script and replace the target model with the werewolf. This means that it will affect Vincent's Limit breaks as well but it is definately possible to do this.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-11-03 22:55:00 »
Yes, it most definitely is possible. NFITC1 knows that too. But it's complicated, and given his post, I would have answered the same thing. Just modifying the limit in Wall Market will break stuff, and doing all those changes it something not everyone can do.

Just my 2¢

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-11-04 02:05:34 »
We have it working on PSX so how hard can that be :D

I don't know much about PC battle models but on PSX the only problem about doing this is that only Vincent has an animation script for transformation. All that must be done on PSX is really entering that script in Red's LZS file and inserting a new model inside Death gigas or whatever limit break was chosen.

Jeet has Sepher Sephiroth on PSX I bet this is possible. He has worked a lot with animation scripts, I'll ask him to have a look here.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2014-11-04 03:22:31 »
Yes, it most definitely is possible. NFITC1 knows that too. But it's complicated, and given his post, I would have answered the same thing. Just modifying the limit in Wall Market will break stuff, and doing all those changes it something not everyone can do.

Just my 2¢

This. I actually had a longer post ready to explain it, but the basic answer was the same. If it works on PSX then power to you. AFAIK, the PC is coded to only transform Vincent.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-11-04 09:18:06 »
Quote from: NFITC1
If it works on PSX then power to you.

Hah, no of course I can't do JUST that. On PSX we can't load self created models unless they consist of parts from other models. We can exchange parts, recolor them and make new animation scripts. All PSX custom models so far are a result of this so it is always just what is possible with hex editor, not modeling software.

I just meant the principal works. One can give any character a new animation script for transformation by hex editing their battle model and one can replace the models transformed into.

On PSX this has been done, haven't you seen Jeets Sephiroth patch? It is pretty awesome he changed Sephiroth's Limit breaks into transformations into Sepher/Bizarro Sephiroth. On PSX, transformation is an animation just like attack or flee. Can't imagine that is different on PC. Can someone maybe send me the Red13 pc battle model? I'd like to investigate it in Hex editor...

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-11-04 13:25:16 »
Like Meesbaker said its possible, on PSX at least

About the redwerewolf mod, im the one who modified the animations scripts of gallianbeast to be playable for the werewolf,that was the first time i modded for PC and the files was exactly the same, in the first time the mod was supposed to be like the author of this topic is requesting : having a normal red13 that transform into werewolf when using his limits break BUT i didnt tested that since we forgot this idea

To do this you have to swap gallian beast with redwerewolf,  and changing the last animation script of red13 for the vincent's tranformation animations script ( the first one ), since werewolf is already configured to be playable there is nothing else to change, there is no need to modify it in LIBRE or WALLMARKET because vincent's transformation can be set on anything, deathblow, magic, summon, etc, its just a model swapping.

If NFITC1 already tested this when he said that only vincent can use the script for PC , then its will be the first known advantage of modding on PSX :D

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #10 on: 2014-11-04 18:45:08 »
And how I can change the animation script, Jeet?

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014-11-04 22:29:53 »
On PSX the animations script is located just before the first animation of the character, for PC the animations script are easier to find they are in a independant file, for gallean beast i think its ssjab, but thats red13 u need to find, i have no idea wich one it is since i dont play on PC

The last limits break of a character is supposed to the the last value in the file , each limits break start with the E0 ( or 0E i dont remember) so u can easily find them, the last E0 will be the script of the limits break.

To know the animation script of vincent's , you need to do the same, looking for the last value in vincents's file , starting with E0 too, to summarize, you need to find the  last values starting with E0 , until the end of the file.on red13 and vincent's animation script files and swap them. Do not swap the limits in wallmarket or the character will be uncontrollable (still  supposing this is working on PC version)

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-11-04 23:33:47 »
The thing is that leaving limitbreak.mnu unedited means that the Limit break is just no use whatsoever. The game is trying to hit with cosmo memory but loads the transformation instead. As this animation has no hitmark the limitbreak is completely useless and will only result in a different model being loaded.

Of course that's fancy :D But it would be better to alter the limit break in limitbreak.mnu/Kernel.bin to be somewhat beneficial. Maybe a status change?

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014-11-04 23:47:14 »
Yes thats what i usually do, i give something like " boost stats by %", or for bigger limits like safer sephiroth i set the "absorb the team members" of cait sith

But in that case, i think he first need to check if red13 can actually use vincents's script on PC or not, so changing the mnu wont be his priority, but ur right if thats works he will need to modify this file as well, not a big task

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2014-11-04 23:56:05 »
Yo also the animation script replacement is quickly done. The prob is that we don't know the location. Do you even have the PC version? I don't so I can't search, there must be some PC modders around who have a good clue of the files.

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #15 on: 2014-11-05 19:41:50 »
ok, here is that I have managed (not much) I copied the file sjab of galian beast and remamed in rwab (for red 13) and this are the results:

When I select the option of "change" ("cambiar" in the videos)1 or 2 times the model of vincent appears (¿?¿ wtf) and then select the limit break options. Galian beast appears but with this problems:

http://youtu.be/JWnp19NzI4E
Changing the first limit of red 13 to galian beast with wallmarket

http://youtu.be/n2PyqrSmFYw
Without any change

« Last Edit: 2014-11-05 19:45:19 by jusete »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014-11-05 21:10:25 »
Look like red13 is able use vincent's transformation script finally

But i think u didnt understand what i was saying:

1/swap gallian beast 3D model file and animations script ( sjab) file with redwerewolf files ( the werewolf animation script is a playable gallian beast)

2/go in vincent's animation script file ( not 3D model) check the very last values in the end of the file starting with "E0" , there is a value like " AC 03" here , AC is the transformation and 03 mean the 4th form of vincent's monsters, u need to replace this 03 with 00 for the first form ( gallian beast)

3/copy theses values

4/go in red13 animation script file , check the very last value in the end of file starting with E0, and replace it with the one u copied earlier, save ur file and now the last limits of red13 should be a transformation in gallian beast ( werewolf now since u swaped the 3d models)

If you dont understand just copy paste here the end of vincent's file and i ll tell u what is the script that made him transform

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #17 on: 2014-11-05 21:50:32 »
Woo, Thanks a lot jeet but where are the animations script file that you mean?
« Last Edit: 2014-11-05 21:53:11 by jusete »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014-11-05 23:46:16 »
I cant help you about this, i dont play/mod for PC, but it must be easy to find, for gallian beast its SJAB ( but u dont need him) u need to find the same file but for red13 and vincent , the sile file is small

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #19 on: 2014-11-07 12:12:56 »
well, in this .rar are the files of battle animations of red13, vincent, galian beast and red13 were wolf files swapped with galian beast, could anyone take a look at this and help me, please?  ::) ::)

https://mega.co.nz/#!xFhDxRxb!WRpFQvY4oY5xfYukZ5SPpXTHMZLYVFVjAiK6lo3rmQw

thank you guys!

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #20 on: 2014-11-09 21:34:23 »
I cant help you about this, i dont play/mod for PC, but it must be easy to find, for gallian beast its SJAB ( but u dont need him) u need to find the same file but for red13 and vincent , the sile file is small

hey Jeet, This is vincent animation script:

And this one is redXIII antimation script:

Where are the values that I have to change?¿

Thanks!

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014-11-10 21:18:12 »
U have to replace this value ( in red13 file, at the very bottom) :

E8 FC 00 E0 EA F4 19 F3 EC 2C E5 EE

To one of theses values ( from my mod):

E8 E0 EA 00 00 AC 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F3 A2 11 F1 E5 EE

E8 E0 EA 00 00 AC 00 00 EC  E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F3 A2 11 F1 E5 EE

E8 E0 EA EC 00 00 AC 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F3 A2 11 F1 E5 EE

If this doesnt works, try these ones (from the file u show):

E8 E0 EA  00 00 AC 00 F4 19 F3 D8 01 29 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F9 CA A2 11 F1 E5 EE

E8 E0 EA 00 00 AC 00  00 EC F4 19 F3 D8 01 29 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F9 CA A2 11 F1 E5 EE

E8 E0 EA EC 00 00 AC 00 F4 19 F3 D8 01 29 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F9 CA A2 11 F1 E5 EE

There is a total of 6 animation scripts, if one doesnt works, try the next one, etc.(dont put all of them, only one at a time)

This should transform red13 in gallian beast when using his last limits, if this doesnt works, try change the last red13 limits in wall market with gallian beast too ( ur galian beast will be uncontrollable but this is easy to fix, the goal is to see if the monster can at least appear in the PC version)

« Last Edit: 2014-11-10 21:34:39 by Jeet »

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #22 on: 2014-11-10 21:52:09 »
Thanks a lot, jeet. I will try this tomorrow.

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2014-11-11 15:18:50 »
Told ya Jeet is the man at this stuff!!

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #24 on: 2014-11-15 00:07:07 »