Author Topic: Ultima Issues (updated 4/26)  (Read 2171 times)

ShinRa Inc

• The Ascension of the Ordinary Man
    • View Profile
    • http://shinrainc.org
Ultima Issues (updated 4/26)
« on: 2002-04-22 09:30:00 »
...And now it works for some reason.  nevermind.

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...  2 big issues.

1) It wasn't the DLLs... Appearently, it won't run with monitors set for True Color - 24bit, but does work for 16bit - High Color.

2)  I normally run at 800 x 600 resolution...but Ultima doesn't fit.  Any possibility of splitting it into different dockable windows, like LGPTools, Cosmo, etc?  I'm going to get serious headaches at this resolution...  @_@;;

(update)
3) When editing Vertex positions....A whole slew of keys don't seem to be working.  Backspace, the - symbol.  CTRL+C/V for Copy/pasting (You need to manually do it from the drop down menu...)

4) A way to scale / translate the entire model, instead of manually editing each individual vertex?  Examples:  I'm working on changing the "root" positions for things like Vincent's pistol, the video camera, etc.  I did the pistol, but basically I sat and manually added 3 to each Y value...There are 80-someodd vertexes, and most models have at least double that.  Also;  Rescaling some of the battle models for use with the field sprites (ie, the SOLDIER's Cone sword, various other weapons, etc)

5) A way to save the zoom/alignment preferences?

6) A way to select more than one Vertex / Polygon for Color editing...Example, changing a sprite's hair / clothing color = 80 some-odd individual things to edit. [update;  Okay, found the color patching feature...but that's limited to sequential items, and and if there are different colors in there, it only adds or subracts to the whole list...what about a way to make the entire selection all one color?]

(update)
7) Ultima crashes if you try and view the wireframe of an edited model.  Probably because the edges are unaltered regardless of what editing is done to the Polys/Vertecies

8) ...Anyway to create a .p file from scratch?

9) You can't plug in any vertex values greater than the number of Polygons you have when creating/editing a Polygon... And I've yet to see a model with more Pulgons than Vertices.

In general...Any way of working with multiple items at the same time (Even if it's just deleting them) would be insanely useful...

http://members.aol.com/acaiitoarms/fhrdedge.jpg
Field Sprite scale Hardedge (Butchered Buster Sword)