Author Topic: Sharing / Donating Resources - models, textures, audio  (Read 38658 times)

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: Sharing / Donating Resources - models, textures, audio
« Reply #50 on: 2013-10-02 01:55:57 »
The screen shots from are taken in-game from Fallout 3.

I had heard at some point you guys were going to make your own version as I assume copy written material shinagins. That and making as much as possible by the community.
Granted it's been a while since you posted this.

The fallout 3 engine (GECK) I guess is a bit 'outdated' (mostly being unsupported) however you may find this of .. interest. It's not too disimiliar an idea from QGears (just based on Morrowind's data set).

Anywho my main interest was to work with whoever was interested in animating the train part. Although it was my baby and modellers envy probably has its part to play, I know the community will do it justice and that was one of my main reasons for releasing it. My main reason was to have some motivation to get into animation again and help give more to this project.
How did you plan on handling the animation? My self I would prefer parametric based animation (IE different elements operate relative to their motive input stimulus), In this case you have numerous elements (locomotive with active drive wheels cars with passive / rolling stock wheels). That of course is just getting the train too stop (LOL). Anyhow I remember people were working on it.
I think the problem these days is RL is grossly interfering with people doing anything.
Anyhow glad you've not given up hope on seeing "projects" through. Heck I still work on stuff I started (it seems eons) a while ago.

Cyb