Author Topic: SOLVED: Mod save state?  (Read 23893 times)

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
SOLVED: Mod save state?
« on: 2012-04-07 19:16:49 »
Is there a mod to save the best position or save state, equal to the epsxe emulator? In the PC version of FFVII and FFVIII
« Last Edit: 2013-04-09 20:02:56 by Bosola »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: Mod save state?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-07 21:53:04 »
There is a save anywhere mod included with Menu Overhaul.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-07 22:56:05 »
And you do not need to install Menu Overhaul with it, you can choose to install the save anywhere patch on its own. Credit to Kranmer.

Saving and loading states like emulators however, is not possible.  I asked for this feature a while back but I am told it is not easy to implement.

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-08 11:37:22 »
And you do not need to install Menu Overhaul with it, you can choose to install the save anywhere patch on its own. Credit to Kranmer.

Saving and loading states like emulators however, is not possible.  I asked for this feature a while back but I am told it is not easy to implement.

Patch save anywhere on their own works in two? FFVII and FFVIII?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-08 12:34:15 »
Only 7.

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-04-08 16:28:45 »
Only 7.

one last question here in the forum posts have to download this mod?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-04-08 16:52:34 »
You can get the Menu Overhaul from
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11649.0
Just install it with only the Save anywhere option turned on. Also note it only works with the English FFVII 1.02.

Also if you want a Save Anywhere for FFVIII i did make one a while ago for myself, and it should work with all version's of FF8 (regardless of language or version),
If you want that you can get it here http://www.mediafire.com/?xg9fvou351dcbki to use it put it in your FFVIII folder and run it and click PATCH and it should patch successfully.
But as this is a test version please let me know how you get on with it.

Guilkwe

• Brasil Fãns FFVII!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-04-08 22:18:13 »
You can get the Menu Overhaul from
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11649.0
Just install it with only the Save anywhere option turned on. Also note it only works with the English FFVII 1.02.

Also if you want a Save Anywhere for FFVIII i did make one a while ago for myself, and it should work with all version's of FF8 (regardless of language or version),
If you want that you can get it here http://www.mediafire.com/?xg9fvou351dcbki to use it put it in your FFVIII folder and run it and click PATCH and it should patch successfully.

Ok, thanks all.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2013-03-13 05:43:24 »

I used it and it also changed my "ability" option to "save"...  :| Is there a fix for this?

panisch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-10-10 15:57:09 »
I used it and it also changed my "ability" option to "save"...  :| Is there a fix for this?

I know i am necroing, but since this save anywhere patch is the only one listed, the bug is still on and the ability tool being kinda important..
I could imagine this could be easily fixed if one knows what he's doing, maybe not.

Kranmer

• View Profile
Re: SOLVED: Mod save state?
« Reply #10 on: 2013-10-10 16:25:55 »
I know i am necroing, but since this save anywhere patch is the only one listed, the bug is still on and the ability tool being kinda important..
I could imagine this could be easily fixed if one knows what he's doing, maybe not.
Yeah this bug has been posted a few times, and i will get around to fixing it one day (maybe) but to be 100% honest it isn't a bad bug,
The bug only occurs when you don't have any Abilities, as soon as you get 1 ability you will be able to use the ability section as normal so it really shouldn't be a problem.
(This is also the reason why i never knew about the bug when i made the patch, i always used a save that had 1 ability on it)
Next time i find my FF8 CD's i will take another look at this if i really need too. Let me know how you get on once you get 1 ability.

panisch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-10-10 17:50:36 »
Ok, got my first ability and everything is working now.
Sorry 'bout that, if i had known i wouldnt have bothered to post. Just been using my old .exe before that information, since i encountered that bug right away and didnt wanna miss out on the abilities.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-10-10 18:18:22 »
Ok, got my first ability and everything is working now.
Sorry 'bout that, if i had known i wouldnt have bothered to post. Just been using my old .exe before that information, since i encountered that bug right away and didnt wanna miss out on the abilities.
Good, i am glad its working.
And no problem, a few hundred people have downloaded this and you are only the 2nd person to post this (the first person being LeonhartGR who i responded to on this post http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14214.msg198773) its always nice to see that people are still using my work.

messiahgov

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2015-02-06 10:35:21 »
The old patch from Kranmer is still working (only changes 1 byte) on the recent 2013 Steam release. You just need to rename FF8_DE.exe, FF8_EN.exe, FF8_ES.exe, FF8_FR.exe and FF8_IT.exe to FF8.exe and patch one by one. Rename them back to the original filename after patching. In-game you can save anywhere, but at the beginning there seems to be the mentioned bug, that all grayed-out menu options become the save option. I will see later, if it's working 100%, after I got some ability etc.

Laeko_Zr0

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2017-03-17 00:09:38 »

It doesn't work from the start for me. I put the patcher in my FF8 folder and it fails to patch. I also did what an earlier comment listed and it still doesn't work.