Author Topic: question RE - this mod, tech used/implimented  (Read 4540 times)

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
question RE - this mod, tech used/implimented
« on: 2012-10-28 21:51:25 »
hey guys.

it's been many, MANY years since i logged into this forum (i've lurked from time to time). and i wanted to do two things...

the first, is i'd like to know how you guys are getting along with all of this. it looks like you've done some really cool stuff! but it makes me ask the following:
what can you actually do? is everything in the game diffuse texture only? or have you managed to get specular/bump/normal info in there as well? how do characters work now? from what i remember it used to all be vertex animation based, so skeletal animations were out of the question which meant that custom models were also out of the question (for characters/monsters anyway). it looks like you can definitely get custom meshes with textures in for environment stuff for definite, which is really cool!

the second, i'm a full time artist in the games industry. i'll link my portfolio at the bottom of the page for you. and if i get any spare time i'd like to offer consultation services (for free) if they're needed or wanted.

cheers
Lee

portfolio: http://crazyferretstudios.com

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: question RE - this mod, tech used/implimented
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-29 00:51:04 »
Textures are all currently diffuse only but I think Aali's driver does have some normal mapping capability but I don't know much about it or if it's in a current version or not.

Custom models are very much a thing now, just check the graphical mods section for examples, Timu, Millenia and Apz being a few of the notable authors.

alloy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-29 01:17:38 »
Animations are kinda doable Bordes program can edit them but its all extremely limited..

Been waiting for years for a any kind of plugin for max or blender or anything. Tho the good news on that front is that the animation format has been mostly decoded and its up on the wiki.

Also check out the wiki its full of usefull info that can get you up to speed into game editing.

Welcome aboard gir Long time Green tooth lurker myself ;D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-10-29 03:02:58 »
Borde seems to have a complete handle on the animations at this point, so with his knowledge mixed with someone else skill of creating blender plugins, it seems quite feasible someone with the right knowledge could easily import new animations into the game.  Just waiting on someone to take up the task

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-10-29 11:22:42 »
Animations are kinda doable Bordes program can edit them but its all extremely limited..

Been waiting for years for a any kind of plugin for max or blender or anything. Tho the good news on that front is that the animation format has been mostly decoded and its up on the wiki.

Also check out the wiki its full of usefull info that can get you up to speed into game editing.

Welcome aboard gir Long time Green tooth lurker myself ;D

ooooo who are you on PC?