Author Topic: [HD Remake] Mideel WIP  (Read 57315 times)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
Re: [HD Remake] Mideel WIP
« Reply #50 on: 2013-09-05 00:37:08 »
Ok, I tried both of your fields, they look awesome. Now in further details:
- On itmin1, it looks like there's a minor issue regarding the table top. The way it's cut and overlaid has two small problems: it leaves a small transparent gap with the underlying layer on some parts, while on other parts it overlays with aliasing. I invite you to check if my method of separating layers (directly in Blender, for the most part) would remedy this problem (since I didn't have problems of the sort on my scene).
- On itmin2, I couldn't get behind the chairs because the old man and his dog are blocking the way. So I couldn't verify the overlay, but I don't think it matters (after all, if nobody's going to be in that area, who cares?). Also, the game engine is cutting the layers is such a way that it makes a small dent in your image (down left area), but as we discussed with Aali, it can't really be helped. On another note, I would suggest you consider scaling down the tea pot (probably make it half the size), because it looks humongous with respect to the other objects of the scene.

And for extra information (a detail that caught my eye, I don't know if you noticed it): would you feel like modelling the Girl's room in the Honeybee Inn (onna_2)? Because the scene features exactly the same chairs as in itmin2  :P

Overall, great job and thanks for sharing  :)

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2014-03-01 15:41:25 »
Good day.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2014-03-01 18:10:31 »
Thanks for your update on itown_i  :)

By the way, since I am working on the Sector 5 slums, I got a question for you: back in the days, you were doing a great job on min51_2 (the upper floor of a kid's home in the Sector 5 slums), you were pretty much 95% done with it, but I don't think I've seen a completed version of it. I would like to know what was the status of that scene, hoping it didn't disappear in limbo. In addition, did you ever get to work on min51_1?
Regarding the work on min51_1 and min51_2: I'm comfortable with any way to share/finish the job. I can leave both scenes for you to complete, or I could get the .blend files you made and try to wrap up whatever you started (or you could finish min51_2 and I make min51_1). Just let me know how you'd like to carry on.

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2014-03-01 19:16:56 »
Well,
it was more or less finished back in 2011 sans boundary boxes. I was very new to cg back than so don´t expect it to be as polished as the newer pics. It is BI render, has horrible geometry, terrible UVs and takes about an hour to render ( last pic I uploaded was slightly above a minute :) ) So you get the idea. I think I uploaded all my old scenes in a separate thread not started by me. You can use it to your hearts content. I don´t plan to do any Midgar stuff apart from the bar any time soon.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2014-03-01 21:03:26 »
It is BI render, has horrible geometry, terrible UVs and takes about an hour to render ( last pic I uploaded was slightly above a minute :) ) So you get the idea.
That sounds very much like what I felt like when revising my "man in pipe" scene  :P  I can try to pick it up where you left it, texture and render for Cycles. If I managed to be as productive as for my "man in pipe" scene, it could be done fairly quickly.

I think I uploaded all my old scenes in a separate thread not started by me. You can use it to your hearts content. I don´t plan to do any Midgar stuff apart from the bar any time soon.
Sounds good. However, I couldn't find your old .blend file anywhere. Could you please upload your .blend file in the WIP repo? That would help a bunch.

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2014-03-01 21:30:38 »
You can do with it whatever you want. Actually I cant find it either. I will simply reupload the scene. I have to exclude the textures most likely though as I have a seriously slow inet connection :(

Seems like I actually started doing an overhaul at one point : http://www.pasteall.org/blend/27179
The original file sits at 62 MB. Unless you really need it, I would prefer to not have to go through the torture of uploading this big file. The textures were sh*te anyway :)
And I deliberatly don´t use the REPO even though I have access to it. Can´t stand these data-kraken plattforms.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-01 21:45:09 by anaho »

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2014-03-01 22:10:17 »
Ok, got the file from Pasteall, thanks. I think I can spare you the trouble of uploading the original, especially if you were not particularly happy with the textures.
If you don't like the Repo as a sharing platform in general, is there any place else you'd recommend for that purpose (pasteall? dropbox?) ? 

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2014-03-01 22:26:08 »
It is not the Repo in itself but googleplus and the likes I avoid. Everybody using facebook etc. will surely not have any problem with it and apart form undermining my personality rights it is actually fine.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2014-03-01 23:17:46 »
I appreciate your concern - I'm not a facebook user myself, for that matter. At this point, I don't have much idea about an ideal alternate place to store and share files for Team Avalanche, I'm open to suggestions. I initially chose the repo because that's how things were originally set by Timu and sl1982, but I wouldn't mind changing for something you'd be more comfortable with.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #59 on: 2014-03-02 00:49:02 »
I appreciate your concern - I'm not a facebook user myself, for that matter. At this point, I don't have much idea about an ideal alternate place to store and share files for Team Avalanche, I'm open to suggestions. I initially chose the repo because that's how things were originally set by Timu and sl1982, but I wouldn't mind changing for something you'd be more comfortable with.

I suggest Google Drive, I think it's the most secure and offers more configurable security options. You get 15gb free and you can sign in with any email address you like, just have to register it. Than you can just upload a shared Library folder with all the scenes and materials organized inside, and set it to share with particular users by email address. Pretty quick and easy and no one outside of your share settings will have access. If you need more than 15gb you can do 100gb for just $5 a month. Or just create a Team Avalanche google drive account for each sub folder you need storage for (one for scenes, one for textures) and apply the same share options. It'll just list them one under the other in your Shared with Me tab.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-02 00:53:06 by cmh175 »

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2014-03-02 01:45:28 »
create a Team Avalanche google drive account
The current file repository is actually set with a Googledrive account  :)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #61 on: 2014-03-02 02:11:27 »
Ah ok cool. I've tried a few different file sharing options and it's what's worked best so far. There isn't many options for file sharing that also include security, for free at least. Otherwise the only other option that would probably make a difference would be building a network drive with user credentials for Team Avalanche. Very possible, I built one for my family actually, but it requires Network Address Translation and Access Control lists if it's hosted out of someones home. 

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2014-03-15 18:07:27 »
« Last Edit: 2014-06-08 18:11:42 by anaho »

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2014-03-15 23:33:15 »
Good work on the "Gateway to Heaven"  :P
Did you work on the rocks individually or is it one massive displacement modifier?
Shall we open a new thread for the Gold Saucer field screens?

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2014-03-16 01:59:38 »
No. I was sick of doing hires wood. It is displaced througout the whole scene ( blender sucsks a this ....)
Edit: I should not post when I am drunk as a ....
« Last Edit: 2014-03-16 12:09:53 by anaho »

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2014-03-17 17:25:17 »
Edit: I should not post when I am drunk as a ....

ah, is that what's meant with:

Did you work on the rocks individually ...

looking very nice those bricks by the way :)

8-)

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2014-06-08 17:43:06 »
That is what I have come up with so far.
Still looking for means of increasing overall quality with less time spend on scenes.
@ Covarr: No, it is just a few posts above this.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-08 18:13:53 by anaho »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2014-06-08 18:11:14 »
That is what I have come up with so far.
You forgot to post a pic or link.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2014-06-08 19:58:35 »
Thanks for this update, anaho!
Is it just me or did you use some volumetric scattering for creating a "dusty" feel?

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2014-06-08 20:19:31 »
Yes, it is rendered like that. I used to fake that in 2D usually but now that it is available and render times do not matter any more I simply render them out.

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2015-01-08 21:45:06 »
I am still working on this from time to time.
Results so far:

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2015-01-08 23:54:01 »
Thanks for the update!

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2015-01-09 04:40:54 »
Nice!

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2015-01-13 21:17:39 »
Good to see you're still alive Anaho, looking good as usual :-)

8)

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2015-04-06 14:00:59 »
Well, I am constantly running out of RAM lately and this will not change until Blender gets proper render displacement.
My options from here:
1.) Help you work on something MIdgar related. I know MAX so that could work. I personally stay away from scenes that blend to FMV because I dont have the tools. I really want people to enjoy something like a demo! The less I work on something Midgar related the more longer it will take.

2.) Just request a scene. Since this is a community project anyway the first person to name one gets it done. And no this will not take me another year XD If you want your own picture displayed in FFVII this is your chances XD

« Last Edit: 2015-04-06 16:38:32 by anaho »