Author Topic: [HD Remake] Mideel WIP  (Read 57314 times)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
Re: [HD Remake] Mideel WIP
« Reply #75 on: 2015-04-07 16:00:55 »
Glad to see you back, it's been a while  :)

I would say the best work organization we can have is to have each artist dedicated to specific geographic areas, to ensure graphical consistency at a local scale. With that in mind, my recommendations would be for you to keep to the Mideel scenes and the sector 7 slums for now.

By the way, regarding displacement: if you're running out of RAM, my take would be to decrease the number of subsurf divisions, but preserve a high level of detail with bumpmapping. That's what I used for the cliffs of eals_1 scene (Aerith's house outdoors), they have "only" 4 levels of subsurf if I recall correctly. I think you can strike a good balance with a moderate poly count.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-07 16:23:42 by Mayo Master »

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2015-04-09 00:00:33 »
itmin1 and itmin2 have been added to the pack of released scenes.
So, thanks again anaho for the work you did  :)

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2020-08-05 01:37:44 »
I found this on my old harddrive the other day :)
https://imgur.com/a/XmKANda

I would like to finish the modeling and UVing and will then upload the .blend in as a nice clean scene.
Dont know if I will ever get to texture the scene.

16.08: https://imgur.com/a/Yhh5m14

20.08: https://imgur.com/u8n1D18

04.09: https://imgur.com/a/wa1LGMt
« Last Edit: 2020-09-03 23:24:13 by anaho »

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2020-08-18 19:34:51 »
anaho by looking on the net I found this two scenes made by you, could we use them in the game ?

« Last Edit: 2020-08-18 19:46:20 by ff7maniac »

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2020-08-19 00:43:31 »
Hi,
yeah sure you can use them.
They are basically the first 3d scenes I ever did and I dont know how well the camera is actually aligned though.
I can still provide the blender files if you like.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2020-08-19 03:12:48 »
hello thank you for the answer ^^ well you can put the link of the files here and I will pass the message to shampignon and jusete. Personally, I don't do 3d just little textures modification with gimp for fun ^^ did you think about working with jusete to make a new scenes? ^^
« Last Edit: 2020-08-19 05:06:35 by ff7maniac »

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2020-08-19 19:55:18 »
I just checked and the Junon elevator is mostly gone.
The other elevator file is intact but the file is too big to upload on blendswap. I will search for other ways to upload them.
As for plans:
I have not been involved in the community for a very long time and have not ever spoken to the current modders. I just want to finish/ upload what was once started for now just to not let it go to waste since the original repo is now offline.
As for future plans, I dont want to make any promises as it would depend mostly on my free time and motivation.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2020-08-19 21:42:13 »
The other elevator file is intact but the file is too big to upload on blendswap. I will search for other ways to upload them.
As for plans:
I have not been involved in the community for a very long time and have not ever spoken to the current modders. I just want to finish/ upload what was once started for now just to not let it go to waste since the original repo is now offline.
As for future plans, I dont want to make any promises as it would depend mostly on my free time and motivation.

Are you talking about the Team Avalanche Google drive? It was still there a few weeks ago

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2020-08-19 22:23:48 »
As for plans:

okay see what you can do ^^ for the images, I'll talk to shampignon. he may find a way to introduce them into the game. for future projects if you are interested, you will make the message to jusete I'm sure he will be happy to have help and everything ^^

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2020-08-20 00:32:08 »
Are you talking about the Team Avalanche Google drive? It was still there a few weeks ago

Iirc I once did a full art dump including the whole scene files to the repo drive before I became inactive. Either way I lost my access key, if anyone can check or give me keys back I will just upload the Blinele there.

okay see what you can do ^^ for the images, I'll talk to shampignon. he may find a way to introduce them into the game. for future projects if you are interested, you will make the message to jusete I'm sure he will be happy to have help and everything ^^
If he is the right person maybe he can (re)grant me access to the repo.  Either way, I am thinking about redoing some scenes. Now if I look at them they look like a weird crossover between modern archvis and FF. Once ingame it looks totally out of place with the realistic lighting and textures etc. Nowadays, I think in terms of FF7, less is often more if it is for ingame use.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2020-08-20 01:37:07 »

If he is the right person maybe he can (re)grant me access to the repo.  Either way, I am thinking about redoing some scenes. Now if I look at them they look like a weird crossover between modern archvis and FF. Once ingame it looks totally out of place with the realistic lighting and textures etc. Nowadays, I think in terms of FF7, less is often more if it is for ingame use.
for access to the repo I don't know, but write to him in private or on his topic project edge ^^

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2020-09-01 21:32:19 »
Personally, I think it would be a better idea to do make new scenes if you think of coming back to work, rather than recreating some scenes. we need new scenes more in the project to move it forward than a scenes retouch but that's just my opinion ^^ :P

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2020-09-03 23:28:34 »
Could someone please pm me a savegame for the steam version that drops me infront of Mideel?

SoulEvan

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2020-09-04 08:49:28 »
Hey man,

these are savefiles I use to check new finished Scenes for the project.

https://finalfantasy.german-syslinux-blog.de/FF7/Field-Scene-Packets/FF7_save_locations.rar

Read the included txt file in order to know, which save u have to use.  ;D

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2020-09-05 15:45:46 »
Thanks for the save.
However I dont seem to get it to work on the steam version.
I have a fresh install of steam FF7, Aali driver and placed the output files from Palmer accordingly.
How exactly must the modpath be named in ff7opengl.cfg?
I start the game with the launcher?
Not really sure what i am doing wrong tbh.
The new bg just never shows up.

SoulEvan

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2020-09-06 12:09:28 »
For example:
mod_path = Textures

This means, u have a Textures directory within the Letter:\Final Fantasy VII\mods\ directory.

Then u have to create a folder called field

Letter:\Final Fantasy VII\mods\Textures\field\

To load a new HD Background, copy your created files in the scene directory:

Example:

Letter:\Final Fantasy VII\mods\Textures\field\farm

farm is the field scene.

Within the farm directory should be the extracted finished PNG files.

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2020-09-06 16:43:24 »
That is excatly how my config looks.
I think that the Aali driver is not even loaded when i launch the game.
Edit: Running as admin got it to work.
Ingame:
https://imgur.com/a/aMSz8Yq
« Last Edit: 2020-09-07 22:15:01 by anaho »

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2020-10-02 17:38:46 »
Found some time and started a first pass of texturing:
https://imgur.com/a/YffCPkV

Are there people who can help getting this ingame glitchfree once it is finished?
I still get white highlights around layer borders and a bit of garble and tbh I dont know what to change.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-04 01:40:20 by anaho »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2020-10-02 20:43:43 »
Are there people who can help getting this ingame glitchfree once it is finished?
I still get white highlights around layer borders and a bit of garble and tbh I dont know what to change.
Shampignon is the master cutter behind Jusete's rendered fields. The key (besides extreme patience) is making sure you use a compatible format (8RGBA PNG is what Jusete uses, I think) so that transparency is properly maintained between layers.

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2020-10-05 12:31:33 »
Hello,

I think the white highlights around layers is because you use edge smoothing when making your cut. For example, in Photoshop, when you use the polygonal lasso, you must uncheck the "smoothing" option. The game doesn't process transparent edges and therefore displays them in white. You must have only 100% full pixel.

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2020-10-05 16:28:47 »
So far I havent made any cuts in PS but rendered out several layers with Alpha according to what the game originally had. But from what I understand this doesnt not work because the game expects no alpha and therefore white highlights occur. Would you be able to get this glitchfree ingame if I provide the blender file?

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2020-10-06 12:31:29 »
If you have the problem during your modeling, I can't help you ... I only work on the finished images and cut them into layers. I don't know nothing about Blender and other programs. Contact Jusete, he will help you more than me.

But you can try without Alpha, it should be better.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-06 12:33:11 by Shampignon »

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2020-10-06 14:18:33 »
I assume you did it before. What passes were you handed? Just beauty without any layering and object ID aka puzzle map?

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #98 on: 2020-10-06 17:15:49 »
So far I havent made any cuts in PS but rendered out several layers with Alpha according to what the game originally had. But from what I understand this doesnt not work because the game expects no alpha and therefore white highlights occur. Would you be able to get this glitchfree ingame if I provide the blender file?
hi anaho. You have to render your finished scene at the same aspect ratio as the original background. You don't need any alpha layer or anything, just the finished render.

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2021-01-26 21:10:40 »
@ff7maniac

I found some old render of the elevator background in a higher res in case you want it.

https://imgur.com/a/D19CeLy

« Last Edit: 2021-01-26 21:19:04 by anaho »